climate change

Correct Newcerman, BBC2 years ago said it was the way earth orbits the sun ice age it was wide orbit hot age near, the powers that be are not going to let a trick like this pass with out stuffing us with some new taxes

newmercman:
I have an alternative theory to this global warming malarky, the difference between summer and winter, or hot and cold weather, is the Earth’s position relative to the Sun, now we’re all spinning around as we orbit the Sun, well as far as I’m aware it’s not an exact thing, more of an elliptical pattern, well my theory is that the rotation of the Earth, along with its elliptical orbit means that we’re not following an exact trajectory, this is keeping parts of the planet away from the Sun for longer (The South Pole) and other parts (The North Pole) closer to the Sun, as mass increases at the South Pole it again alters the rotation of the Earth so that it’s relation to the Sun changes even more…and we call it Global Warming, SFA to do with pollution, just old fashioned physics :bulb:

Oh and happy birthday Fuse :wink:

And it would be a Nissan MIcra :unamused: That is beyond belief, I would love to see something like that heading my way, the compo claim from being run over by them would set me up for life :open_mouth:

The only theroy that needs threw out is the theory that CO2 is “greenhouse” gas. Zero proof. Plenty of models, predictions, but no hard facts.

pete904ni:
The only theroy that needs threw out is the theory that CO2 is “greenhouse” gas. Zero proof. Plenty of models, predictions, but no hard facts.

I don’t get that greenhouse gas BS, my Grandad had a greenhouse, it was full of tomato plants, not CO2 :open_mouth: :laughing: Don’t plants convert CO into O2? So greenhouse gas emissions should infact, be good for us :bulb:

It’s all about the TAX :unamused: If the government was serious about saving the planet they would ban stuff, not get revenue from it :bulb:

newmercman:

pete904ni:
It’s all about the TAX :unamused: If the government was serious about saving the planet they would ban stuff, not get revenue from it :bulb:

You could say the same about ■■■■ and booze.

Tone

fuse:
I am 62 today and every year it gets colder about now stays cold until about April then warms up again july ,august and september ,then October it starts to get cold and the nights get longer again until the whole cycle begins again…climate change…it is as bad as the silly DCPC and the even the stupid WTD

Yep.You may be right.
So more the Average Temperature of the Atlantic warms up so more cuts the Golf-stream back and Winter comes earlier and colder,as Wind from East/North overpowers Wind from West
Anywhy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Mike-C:

pete904ni:

merc0447:
Climate change? What climate change?

:laughing:

That screwballs number plate shouldn’t be blanked out… what a [zb]

I was thinking that too. Have you seen just how close he’s driving to that tipper transit ? He’s almost on his bumper !!!

Probably wants a shield from the snowball/half brick that the hoodie is about to launch :stuck_out_tongue:

Are we losing the North Atlantic Drift?

Quote:

Some 11,000 years ago the NADW (North Atlantic Deep Water Drift) shut down in response to subtle shifts in global climate. This slowed and diverted the course of the Gulf Stream to such an extent that the regional climate of the Northeast Atlantic became considerably cooler. As a result Northwestern Europe dropped back to ice age conditions within tens of years. It is now suspected that global warming may trigger a shutdown in the NADW, and a slowing or diversion of the Gulf Stream, which would ironically lead to colder climates throughout the UK and Northwest Europe.

weatheron…Gulf-Stream.htm

Tone

2 years ago we were told by scientists and the government that we would have warmer wetter winters in the UK as a result of global warming/ climate change

This now has been proven to be utter crap having 2 harsh winters.

IMO its just a natural earth cycle and nothing to do with government(s) spin names of ‘‘climate change’’

ajt:
2 years ago we were told by scientists and the government that we would have warmer wetter winters in the UK as a result of global warming/ climate change

This now has been proven to be utter crap having 2 harsh winters.

IMO its just a natural earth cycle and nothing to do with government(s) spin names of ‘‘climate change’’

Agreed, but the reason for global warming a couple of years ago was that the firemen were letting things burn as they were doing extra shifts for Stobart :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy Belated Birthday Fuse :laughing:

its all bull…

get a pint glass of water, pop in a few icecubes, now mark the level, wait till the cubes melt and guess what, the water level is the same!
so melting ice already surrounded by water will make no diff to sea levels…

i should be a boffin, but only mr roobles type :unamused:

merc0447:
Climate change? What climate change?

:laughing:

at least the micra had its lights on!

dazaster:
its all bull…

get a pint glass of water, pop in a few icecubes, now mark the level, wait till the cubes melt and guess what, the water level is the same!

it’s the melting permafrost and ice that sits on land that they’re concerned about.

“Sea levels are rising and the loss of ice coverage in the North Polar region continues to increase annually.”

As permafrost melts it actually increases the rate of global warming by releasing considerable amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere.

sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 125801.htm

Tone

According to some, global warming/climate change and what goes on at the north and south poles have got nothing to do with us.
Like what Dazaster said, its all bull.

nice one wheel nut,I dont think the ice cube in a glass is correct because archmedes says that when a body is emmersed in water the weight of the body is equal to the weight of the water displaced.We did this experiment at school in 1963 ,I did see most of it in between looking out of the window.

fuse:
nice one wheel nut,I dont think the ice cube in a glass is correct because archmedes says that when a body is emmersed in water the weight of the body is equal to the weight of the water displaced.We did this experiment at school in 1963 ,I did see most of it in between looking out of the window.

well since 3/4 of the ice is already immeresed in the water, that blows that theory out the err water, haha.

ive just hung out my window and discharged 2 full deodrant sparys to speed up the warming :laughing:

ajdavis64:
According to some, global warming/climate change and what goes on at the north and south poles have got nothing to do with us.
Like what Dazaster said, its all bull.

I’m sure that our scientists will be very pleased that you have proved them wrong… if you have… or is your pronouncement just an uneducated guess?

Tone

The scientists cant even agree on it so you can pile as much info on here about it as you want but any information is only as good as the person who wrote it !!!

Its all nothing more than scare mongering and a excuse to tax us. What ever happend to the O-zone layer? That was a massive thing in the 90’s now totally unheard of.

Car use. Apparently a big contributer to ‘‘global warming’’, we were told the car was the devil but only till the car industry fell flat on its rear then suddenly it was ok to buy cars and you even got a 2K incentive if you had a 10 year plus trade in!!

dazaster:
its all bull…

Your missing the point that a huge amount of the melting ice rests on land.

As for somebody mentioning the ozone layer. That big fuss lead to the banning of CFC’s, thereby allowing the ozone to recover.

Climate change is real, it’s happening, excuse me if I listen to Nobel winning scientists over truck drivers on this subject but there you have it.

switchlogic:

dazaster:
its all bull…

Your missing the point that a huge amount of the melting ice rests on land.

As for somebody mentioning the ozone layer. That big fuss lead to the banning of CFC’s, thereby allowing the ozone to recover.

Climate change is real, it’s happening, excuse me if I listen to Nobel winning scientists over truck drivers on this subject but there you have it.

But, the cfc producing things, like fridges and freezers, were all exported to Africa, same as a lot of machinary, plant and lorries that didn’t meet strict emission controls, it was all exported to developing countries, now correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t we all share the same atmosphere, if things were destroying the planet they should’ve been scrapped, not sent to another part of the world, that’s like putting your neighbours dog in your garden to see how he likes being kept awake at night by its barking :unamused:

Global warming, true or not, who knows, most of the science projects are just a load of nutcases agreeing with each over so they get millions in grants for the next financial year, the others are propaganda by governments so that they tax the ■■■■ out of us :unamused: