climate change

I am 62 today and every year it gets colder about now stays cold until about April then warms up again july ,august and september ,then October it starts to get cold and the nights get longer again until the whole cycle begins again…climate change…it is as bad as the silly DCPC and the even the stupid WTD

Happy birthday :smiley:

Thank you,where has it all gone

Down the river of history…and bloody quickly too :slight_smile:

fuse:
I am 62 today and every year it gets colder about now stays cold until about April then warms up again july ,august and september ,then October it starts to get cold and the nights get longer again until the whole cycle begins again…climate change…it is as bad as the silly DCPC and the even the stupid WTD

So you’re saying that its normal for the climate to change between summer and winter? Pfff next you’ll be telling us the earth is flat

pete904ni:

fuse:

So you’re saying that its normal for the climate to change between summer and winter? Pfff next you’ll be telling us the earth is flat

It is on my map :slight_smile:

The Earth’s surface must be flat cos it’s made of tectonic plates.

Tone

All talk of global warming seems to have …gone these days

yonmons:
All talk of global warming seems to have …gone these days

Till they want increase the fuel duty or build windmills and wave generators etc.

Enough hot air on here anyway :slight_smile:

Climate change? What climate change?

:laughing:

merc0447:

That screwballs number plate shouldn’t be blanked out… what a ■■■■

You’ll bugger up your windscreen wipers doing that :grimacing:

pete904ni:

merc0447:

That screwballs number plate shouldn’t be blanked out… what a [zb]

I was thinking that too. Have you seen just how close he’s driving to that tipper transit ? He’s almost on his bumper !!!

The whole issue of global climate change means that some regions of the planet will change for the colder. This includes Britain which enjoys an artificially mild climate.
I live in the province of Manitoba in Canada and we have winter temperatures down to -40 degc. The surprising thing is that if you look on a world atlas you will see that we are just above the 49th parallel which coincides roughly with the channel islands and nothern Brittany. Northen Scotland is on the same line of Lattitude as Siberia!
The only reason that the UK does not have a similar climate to other regions of equal lattitude is because of the mild temperature sea it is surrounded by and the only reason the sea is such a mild temperature is because of the Atlantic conveyer.
Because cold salt water is denser than warm salt water the fridgid waters of the North Atlantic sink to the ocean floor and draw the warmer water from the southern Atlantic north to replace it and hence keeps Northen Europe and especialy Britains weather mild in winter.
However global warming means that the sea around Northern Europe is not quite so cold as it should be and hence the Atlantic Conveyor slows down and Britains weather becomes less mild in winter.
So in affect, the more global warming, the more severe winters Britain gets.
This phenomena also means that the summers get cooler and damper so there really is no good news at all.

wire:
The whole issue of global climate change means that some regions of the planet will change for the colder. This includes Britain which enjoys an artificially mild climate.
I live in the province of Manitoba in Canada and we have winter temperatures down to -40 degc. The surprising thing is that if you look on a world atlas you will see that we are just above the 49th parallel which coincides roughly with the channel islands and nothern Brittany. Northen Scotland is on the same line of Lattitude as Siberia!
The only reason that the UK does not have a similar climate to other regions of equal lattitude is because of the mild temperature sea it is surrounded by and the only reason the sea is such a mild temperature is because of the Atlantic conveyer.
Because cold salt water is denser than warm salt water the fridgid waters of the North Atlantic sink to the ocean floor and draw the warmer water from the southern Atlantic north to replace it and hence keeps Northen Europe and especialy Britains weather mild in winter.
However global warming means that the sea around Northern Europe is not quite so cold as it should be and hence the Atlantic Conveyor slows down and Britains weather becomes less mild in winter.
This phenomena also means that the summers get cooler and damper so there really is no good news at all.

Firstly, you need to get out more Mark :laughing:

Second, will you be on my team at the quiz night? :open_mouth:

Third, cool damp summers in Britain? What difference will global warming make there then? :unamused:

merc0447:

And this is why you can now be done for £60 and 3 points for having snow on your car. Personally I think numptys like this deserve a 12mth ban and then a re-test, but to get done for snow on your roof is a bit much.

wire:

Thank heavens for Wiki, eh Mark■■?

I do believe that the world climate changes, but I think it does it regardless. It is a cycle, like the seasons are. Maybe in a hundred years the UK will have weather like Siberia and Siberia will have weather like the UK has now. Weather patterns change constantly so who is to say.

I agree with the OP, and I would like to agree with Marks post but it is way over my head… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wire:

Thanks for that explanation geezer, now that is about the best I’ve heard and actually understood, so that’s why we are now getting long cold winters and short crappy summers :cry: instead of what we have had in recent years, warmer days in January than July!? As me old mum used to say ‘if this is global warming you can stuff it!’

‘Crazytrucker’

PS. Was that prat actually driving looking out that peephole? :open_mouth: Can’t believe anybody would be so prattish! (Is prat spelt with one t or two?)
Gotta go now and chuck another chair leg on the fire! I hate the bloody cold, and most of all I hate that white stuff, the bloody mutt loves it, :smiling_imp: leave it on Christmas cards where it belongs! :smiling_imp:

I have an alternative theory to this global warming malarky, the difference between summer and winter, or hot and cold weather, is the Earth’s position relative to the Sun, now we’re all spinning around as we orbit the Sun, well as far as I’m aware it’s not an exact thing, more of an elliptical pattern, well my theory is that the rotation of the Earth, along with its elliptical orbit means that we’re not following an exact trajectory, this is keeping parts of the planet away from the Sun for longer (The South Pole) and other parts (The North Pole) closer to the Sun, as mass increases at the South Pole it again alters the rotation of the Earth so that it’s relation to the Sun changes even more…and we call it Global Warming, SFA to do with pollution, just old fashioned physics :bulb:

Oh and happy birthday Fuse :wink:

And it would be a Nissan MIcra :unamused: That is beyond belief, I would love to see something like that heading my way, the compo claim from being run over by them would set me up for life :open_mouth: