Climate change from an expert

Jake, we’ve had extreme weather since time began, it’s not a new phenomenon. I think you should do some more research into weather patterns other the centuries

ArcticMonkey:
Jake, we’ve had extreme weather since time began, it’s not a new phenomenon. I think you should do some more research into weather patterns other the centuries

You mean over the centuries I take it. Maybe it’s you that needs to do a bit of research.
Just as a small guide for you the earth has heated up and cooled down over the centuries as you say but with the heating up and cooling down taking thousands of years. However in the last twenty years it has significantly heated up which is causing the extreme weather we are beginning to see.
Maybe you can explain why this has suddenly happened when it has never happened before.
Or do you just dismiss it and pretend it won’t affect anything. :unamused:

There’s nothing wrong with recycling and we use far too much unnecessary plastic. ‘Being bright’ has nothing to do with being drawn into a cult and far brighter people than us made millions from the global warming/climate change scam. Let me explain how it works. Academics write books and papers largely as a result of government grants. They generally have to conform to the current narrative, otherwise they don’t get published. For example, you won’t find much government funded research going on into why multiculturalism hasn’t worked. Call it going with the flow. It’s only recently that many scientists have started to argue against the previous beliefs because they now have the facts to prove it isn’t happening. There is no new ice age, nor are the ice caps melting.

Marx was also very intelligent, vastly more intelligent than Piers Morgan. Did intelligence make Marx right? Al Gore was wrong but made $200m out of it in two decades. I did watch one of the clips and found it nonsense and second hand opinion based.

The bottom line is, it’s not happening Jake. If there was going to be man-made climate change it would have occurred during the industrial revolution, not now that it’s over. If you want to live in a first-world society containing tens of millions with internal combustion engines, oil and electricity, a degree of pollution is a price to be paid. You can’t have a modern society of millions and zero emissions running on wind farms with a wish to return to a ‘Mother Nature’ agrarian era. You can pollute as much as you like as long as you buy carbon trading certificates from the government, sold on the stock market.

Half of our electricity in 2016 came from fossil fuels such as coal and gas and our imported electricity is rising. Currently, the government receives around 7.5% of its income from ‘environmental’ taxation and its rising. Whatever new environmental initiative comes out, be very sure that it involves the public paying out money. It’s a scam! How many decades have the politicians been promising you they’re going to change the world’s weather if you give them money?

You’ve bought into a fanaticism based cult Jake. When you say, ‘… we certainly do have a big problem on our hands if we keep going as we are’, that’s both a predictive and subjective opinion and not factually based. The end of the world is not nigh, it will continue pretty much as it always has. :slight_smile:

Grandpa:
There’s nothing wrong with recycling and we use far too much unnecessary plastic. ‘Being bright’ has nothing to do with being drawn into a cult and far brighter people than us made millions from the global warming/climate change scam. Let me explain how it works. Academics write books and papers largely as a result of government grants. They generally have to conform to the current narrative, otherwise they don’t get published. For example, you won’t find much government funded research going on into why multiculturalism hasn’t worked. Call it going with the flow. It’s only recently that many scientists have started to argue against the previous beliefs because they now have the facts to prove it isn’t happening. There is no new ice age, nor are the ice caps melting.

Marx was also very intelligent, vastly more intelligent than Piers Morgan. Did intelligence make Marx right? Al Gore was wrong but made $200m out of it in two decades. I did watch one of the clips and found it nonsense and second hand opinion based.

The bottom line is, it’s not happening Jake. If there was going to be man-made climate change it would have occurred during the industrial revolution, not now that it’s over. If you want to live in a first-world society containing tens of millions with internal combustion engines, oil and electricity, a degree of pollution is a price to be paid. You can’t have a modern society of millions and zero emissions running on wind farms with a wish to return to a ‘Mother Nature’ agrarian era. You can pollute as much as you like as long as you buy carbon trading certificates from the government, sold on the stock market.

Half of our electricity in 2016 came from fossil fuels such as coal and gas and our imported electricity is rising. Currently, the government receives around 7.5% of its income from ‘environmental’ taxation and its rising. Whatever new environmental initiative comes out, be very sure that it involves the public paying out money. It’s a scam! How many decades have the politicians been promising you they’re going to change the world’s weather if you give them money?

You’ve bought into a fanaticism based cult Jake. When you say, ‘… we certainly do have a big problem on our hands if we keep going as we are’, that’s both a predictive and subjective opinion and not factually based. The end of the world is not nigh, it will continue pretty much as it always has. :slight_smile:

Ok we have different opinions and neither of us mere mortals know exactly what is going to happen. We can only go by what we learn along the way and the changes we see.
Lets talk in another 10 years if we are still around and we may know more. In the meantime though I honestly hope I am wrong and you are right.

Grandpa:

Give them lots of money and they’ll show you more videos of the Polar ice melting every Summer just like it’s melted every other Summer previously.Then they’ll charge you some more money because it’s still melting every Summer.

Then tell the SNP that they’ll have to cap all the North Sea oil wells in an attempt to stop it melting.

Meanwhile here’s the weather forecast in Antarctica.How bleedin cold do the Warmist nutters want it to be and that’s Spring not Winter.

timeanddate.com/weather/anta … south-pole

personally if a polar bear has to swim an extra couple of miles every year so i can sunbathe in me skiddies for an extra couple of months in the summer then i think thats a good deal all round.
its hard to be concerned about global warming scaremongering oish when im looking out the window with the rain battering off it all winter.

jakethesnake:

Grandpa:

Ok we have different opinions and neither of us mere mortals know exactly what is going to happen. We can only go by what we learn along the way and the changes we see.
Lets talk in another 10 years if we are still around and we may know more. In the meantime though I honestly hope I am wrong and you are right.

It shouldn’t be about opinions, but facts. What we have already learned along the way is that the world hasn’t ended in the predicted floods or heat waves. There aren’t any changes; it’s sunny in summer and cold in winter. Conversely, if governments can persuade rich western populations (by global standards) that the world is going to end and it’s all their fault, you can’t blame them for capitalizing on it by promising them that if they keep paying, only governments can change the climate.

A major fault of climate changers is that they don’t focus on the reality of what they see, but on the cherry picked opinions of others who share the same views. So and so said this so it must be true. The blind leading the blind? If you’re really worried about the future, start worrying about the possibility of a nuclear confrontation between the superpowers, because that’s more likely to happen and if it does that really will produce some climate change! :slight_smile:

Looks like you have convinced yourself nothing has changed. Fair enough your choice but I can’t ignore the undeniable science and facts that are obvious for anyone to see.
As I said I hope you are correct and all these scientists are wrong.

Having got an Ology in scientific explorations on climates, i can honestly say that climate changes happened even before Dinosaurs came onto the planet, and way before the industrial revolution when the humans managed to actually move things forward. Now the sun broke off of somewhere, cant remember now where it was, but it was millions of years ago so they tell me, and they also said that its cooling down, now if thats the case, then why are we getting heatwaves when we dont expect them…and the same with snow, which has nothing to do with the sun, as one is hot, the other is cold…so i reckon somethings got a bit mixed up, but what i do know, is this: If we can stop cows from ■■■■■■■, i suppose stop humans eating brussel sprouts and baked beans, we may improve our chances of surviving for another 3000 years…we also must stop using all forms of transport ( except bicycles )…rip out central heating and aircon from our homes…well actually, rip all electrics out full stop …but what will we burn to keep warm…cant use trees, cos they give us the air we breathe, cant use coal cos that gives off nasty emissions…cant make anything else cos we dont have electricity…but…many are thinking of the youngsters futures…well…dinosaurs gave us oil, which to make machines we invented run more efficiently…but with no more bodies on a large scale, thats that job finished…where will they get electric with which to run their vehicles…what about the batteries to drive these vehicles, machinery etc…well i tell ya what, ive had a good life so far, and i really dont give a ■■■■ about the future..except to say, im gonna live it as best i can…see ya in the next one.

I just wonder how long all this can be kept going for until people themselves catch onto the scam. It’s had a good run, certainly much longer than the other predictions of make poverty history and multicultural utopias. Currently, obsessed 16 year old Ms. Thunberg is the climate change voice so they must be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I just wonder what will come after this. Will we be coerced into paying for advice from aliens? Don’t laugh, it’s entirely within the realms of possibility.

Can it get any worse? Meet the new climate change Messiah. Mental illness at its best.

Or if we want to go down the road of experts. Here’s an alternative.

From the dawn of western civilization, to the age of reason and science … We end up with politicians who speak with aliens, mentally ill children as climate Ambassadors and Eddie Stobart! :laughing:

Why not,our taxes go to pay for advice from polititians who have as much in common with us as aliens.

jakethesnake:
Looks like you have convinced yourself nothing has changed. Fair enough your choice but I can’t ignore the undeniable science and facts that are obvious for anyone to see.
As I said I hope you are correct and all these scientists are wrong.

What is it that you think that you’re ‘seeing’.Give us some figures. Like how warm will it be in any particular place on any particular date comparatively if we burn all the world’s remaining fossil fuel reserves.How cold do you actually think it should be in Antarctica in September.

jakethesnake:
to convince ME that ‘Man Made Climate Change’ is actually something we should worry about.

Did you actually watch the clip? almost 99% of proper scientists believe the opposite of you.

Scientists who must toe the line - or not get funding from the globalists…
Judges who must find against a Brexiteer Prime Minster - or not get employed/funded by the globalists.
Politicians who must throw ever ounce of their energies at thwarting the “tyranny of the majority” as John Major puts it…
We’re hardly going to take advice on Religion from the Godless, so why take advice on Science from those who’ve been bought-and-paid-for?
“Mainstream” - now the enemy of the public in so many circles. Unable to tell the truth, hoping that we won’t be able to work out what it is for ourselves, in today’s internet-savvy age.

If we’ve lost “Loser’s Consent” from the Remainer Left these days, then from the Isolationist Right - we’ve clearly lost deference.
I just cannot sit back and let someone else rule my life for me on account of them being luckier/richer/better connected than I, especially when having the same or lower IQ.
It’s probably the main reason I’ve never voted Labour my entire life. There’s nothing in there that I strongly agree with!

If I believe 100-1 shot Mome Mere stands a better chance of winning the grand national than any of the fancied favourites for that race - then I’ll back it. 99% of others did not. That doesn’t make them “correct”, nor me “wrong”, if one looks at the bigger picture.

I don’t have to be proven “right” very often - for me to absolutely clean up - do I?

To make any kind of “Breakthrough” for progressive humanity - one needs to step aside from the “conformist treadmill” and merely think from the unique perspective that we all have somewhere in our lives…
Nearly all the great advances of mankind - have come about this way, after all.

I’ll never accept those who tell me I must remain poorer my entire life, so someone I don’t give a ■■■■ about can leech off the fruits of MY labour, and not even show the slightest bit of gratitude to neither myself, nor my fellow taxpayers for doing thus. That ain’t “Nasty” - it’s just a desire for self-preservation under the constant onslaught of the Extinction-level-event that is “Modern Culture Shock”.
We never got to hear a detailed explanation from the Climage Change Lobby WHY exactly WE should deprive our own lives so that the Obamas won’t be flooded out of their Martha’s Vineyard mansion any time soon by the rising tide, that it appears even they don’t seem to believe is coming any time soon…

Perhaps if I, too - had been handsomely bribed as a 20-something - I might have thought differently.
Alas, this diploma-level technologist (rather than “scientist”) was well-and-truly left behind as one of “Maggies Millions” way back in the 80’s.
I’m not even sure I would have it differently had I the chance to go back and re-live it, as I’d probably be a wealthy and abusive-to-those-poorer-than-I hardline Conservative, had I got my own way back then…
“Millionaire City Dealer” perhaps, or “Military Scientist” looking for new deterrents in our country’s ongoing war upon Terror.
When nature marks out certain parts of the world’s population for extinction - who are we to intervene? We never needed to attack or invade anyone. Just stand back, pull up the drawbridge, and let NATURE take it’s course. Where’s the CONSERVATIVE side of the Green Lobby then?
At least the other animal life forms that inhabit or inhabited this planet over the aeons - were innocent prior to their destruction…

These days we have quality humans being swept aside for the preservation of other lowlife hoards about the planet.
Judgement - when it comes - will be swift, and if prophecy is to be believed - around the 25% attrition level. Hardly an “Extinction” - but a great leveller in Mankind’s future upon this Earth, that’ll go on regardless…

Singh5:
Everything that has ever happened to this Earth has already happened, and everything that will happen will happen again and again. This Earth we live on is governed by the universe and nature deals out what is required by the Will of God who has created it ALL. Nature is all powerful and unstoppable but yet its forces are gentle in comparison to the forces of mankind! Nature runs under the Law of the Universe, these laws are fixed and never change unlike the law of mankind which is ever changing. Spiritual Law is higher than Earthly (law of man-made) law it has to be and must be. Creator God can destroy this planet within a blink of the eye his power is unknown and is incomprehensible, however God will not destroy his own creation as he fashioned it out of LOVE, only he knows when by his WILL will this planet cease to exist.

Now enter man and climate change…man is living way beyond his means, man is filled with ego and greed, has created technologies of war and destruction which also can finish off this planet! Man is clever but his mind is unstable, he has power but lacks the control of the mind, he has knowledge but lacks the wisdom to go with it, he has law and rules but lacks the discipline to live by it.

Man has achieved so much progress on all levels, has created magnificent structures and enabled himself to live all over the world in all sorts of environments. Created a network of travel and communication across the globe and into space! He has discovered and harnessed natural resources of the planet to fuel his work and interests. Man with Women has multiplied populating this Earth growing and becoming and experiencing.

It is totally impossible to have no impact on the balance of the systems which keep our planet healthy when you consider our footprint on this Earth. Karma, cause and effect, law of compensation and other such fixed natural laws are in operation all the time running in the background to keep universal law and order maintained. We are now experiencing the impact we have made on nature and such is the scale and magnitude of our selfish ways! We are consuming Mother Earth at an alarming rate whilst our Spiritual Father observes his creation.

I’m no expert, born and bred 1970 UK Indian Sikh, parents from Punjab, wife from Punjab India. Kids born here… You do not need to be an expert to know that nature has been impacted by man, but to what degree? Nature will always take care of itself, it will carry on and on and never stop. WE have messed up with our desire for money and power, wealth which you cannot take with you, our love for money and material possession while we leave this planet littered with filth and dirt taking very little to no responsibility of our actions. Leaving it for next generation to sort out and so it will be. We care less about it having no care to leave this planet as beautiful as it is for the next humans to come along…

We’re on the same page - in that regard. No one has a monopoly on the truth. The best way to enrich one’s own understanding of truth in turn - is to defend against lies, especially from the high-and-mighty when going about our daily lives. :slight_smile:

Why worry about global warming?

express.co.uk/news/science/ … space-news

This is worrying indeed. It is now officially 6000 times more likely that we get wiped out by an asteroid - than leave the EU without a deal! :unamused:

It’s a good job our national grid isn’t coal heavy for generating electricity as the IMF want the Paris accord countries to increase the carbon tax from $2/ton to $75/ton, raising household electric bills 43% if the grid is powered by coal & raise petrol prices 14% etc :open_mouth: blogs.imf.org/2019/10/10/fiscal … te-change/

I watched BBC1’s Question Time last Thursday when they were debating climate change and what was causing it but there was not one mention of the 13828 planes that were in flight during that time … (figure from Flight radar)

And the current tax on aviation fuels on international flights?
“The polluter pays” rule has exceptions.
euronews.com/2019/05/13/cli … -report-fi

Franglais:
And the current tax on aviation fuels on international flights?
“The polluter pays” rule has exceptions.
euronews.com/2019/05/13/cli … -report-fi

So, once again global warming/climate change is used as an excuse to raise taxes.

Those planes will fly regardless of how much it costs to fuel up, the higher cost will simply be passed onto the passenger. Result: zero change in emissions, lots more money raised.

Heres an idea, how about banning flights without passengers?

simpleflying.com/the-story-behi … t-flights/