Cleaning

This is gonna be interesting, what products do you use to clean your trucks? inside & out!

Armorall dashboard wipes and an airline for the inside. The outside gets a jetwash. Dunno what brand the detergent is.

Hutchie:
This is gonna be interesting, what products do you use to clean your trucks? inside & out!

ELBOW GREASE :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

outside is done by a company-not sure of detergent.
inside is a mix between autoglym,windows,fabric cleaner,to autosmart for floor polish and vinyls.
using autoglym wax for outside at moment,but not very impressed any suggestions?.

i ■■■■ in my pants and use that

gogzy:

That’s why you’re unemployed at the moment you pervert. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

NOTHING!! apart from rain water :blush: :blush: :blush:

DieselDemon:

gogzy:

That’s why you’re unemployed at the moment you pervert. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ill come back to you 2moro and hopefully this might have changed

then i can ■■■■ in private :stuck_out_tongue:

Rain for the outside, open the doors and let the next available breeze clean the inside… :laughing:

is rob still typing out his list of cleaning products :question: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Sorry to hijack the post but i have a question about cleaning. :smiley:
Whats the best product (or is there one) to clean the fuel tank on a Merc Actros? Its just the standard tank so its nothing special but i just wanted to give a right good clean.
Cheers

Grasshopper:
Sorry to hijack the post but i have a question about cleaning. :smiley:
Whats the best product (or is there one) to clean the fuel tank on a Merc Actros? Its just the standard tank so its nothing special but i just wanted to give a right good clean.
Cheers

various products will do to clean up the tank, i have used PEEK on mine, bit of elbow greese and it comes up really well, others swear by Autoglym.

back on topic, i use a steam cleaner on the outside, then sometimes use a polish, last time it was Colour Magic, truckfest last year, came up really well, or MER.

on the inside, i use G101 to shift the dirt, then something like Armor All to give the dash a quick polish

usually an abbatoir wash pipe on the outside - one regular place has hot, the others don’t ( occasionally some tfr with the steam cleaner at home )

in the cab - the last thing I used was THESE - did a good job too !!!

I use them dash board sponge things to clean the dash only 48p from Asda and last a good couple of months. regular household glass cleaner for the mirors and inside the windscreen antibacterial wipes on me feet to clean the engine hump, and someone gets paid to clean the outside. Never polish the outside.

i use fairy liquid on the out side with a spong use jet wash to get excess ■■■■■ off it, inside i wipe dash board get excess ■■■■■ off, then spray from about 8inches away mr sheen across the dah board, leave it over night or for a few hours, wipe off in the morning and ya can nearlu see yaself in the dash !

Autoglym fo 90% of tasks. Amorall dash dressing for the interior plastics etc though. The outside gets done with tfr on stubborn chassis dirt and for the bits of the body that surround the boom and winch etc. Then the whole truck gets wash and wax and a rinse and after that i spray the entire truck with autosmart’s tango. This makes the water literally just run straight off and so the truck is dry much quicker and will leave a good coating of wax on the body, cab and chassis. Then all of the door shuts are done with tango aswell. Next i’ll polish the stainless (wheel trims etc) and then polish the painted bits like the bumper, crane etc. i don’t polish the ‘wrap’ each time. Takes me approx 4-5 hours to do inside and out.

autoglym for the dash, trim etc, inside.
jetwash for the outside, not mine, so wash it, but not polishing it, never know how long your gonna keep it on here.
if i had my own, i would use autoglym products, outside too.
tried lots over the years, but can’t find anything too better their range.

Vehicle and trailer wash
then the brush and jet wash with a sponge round the steps
rinsed with a hose plain water
A small coating of T cut before the trailer wash helps
The Tanks are plain Black /dark gray so no polishing there needed now :smiley:

I used to clean dash with 3 in 1 oil

Autoglym on the inside,Tesco glass cleaner for the mirrors.Water with a splash of household ammonia for inside the windows.
Power washer with tfr on the outside.