Cleaning your hi vis jacket

Does anyone have any advice on how to clean and wash your hi vis jacket effectivly, those of us who do alot of trailer swaps know how quickly they get covered in grease from suzi’s etc.

40 deg wash - end of!

redbob:
40 deg wash - end of!

Weekly…and spray Cillit Bang on the grease,let it soak in,then spray some more, then wash.

A cleaning product called Elbow Grease works a treat.

dooyoo.co.uk/household-clean … degreaser/

Give it to your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend and amazingly it will come back clean :laughing:

m4rky:
Give it to your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend and amazingly it will come back clean :laughing:

Dont have 1

40g wash simple

…To achive that nice uniform matt black, you need to gently rub it around the 5th wheel…
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If a clean high-viz lowers the employee to “unimportant” status, then surely a nice matt-black one elevates one to the highest echelons of power! :open_mouth: :bulb:

Its alot easier just to acquire a nice sparkly new one from somewhere! :wink: :wink:

spray wd40 onto the fifth wheel grease asap and work it in with a cloth,it breaks it down, then wash at a high temp. best solution i have found :bulb:

I last washed mine in July and it is still spotless, as good as they day I took it out of the washing machine. Therefore I think the key is not to get it dirty in the first place.

Thankyou.

Coffeeholic:
I last washed mine in July and it is still spotless, as good as they day I took it out of the washing machine. Therefore I think the key is not to get it dirty in the first place.

Thankyou.

When was the last time you wore it ?

fingermissing:

Coffeeholic:

Thankyou.

The day before he washed it :slight_smile:

redboxer850:

fingermissing:

Coffeeholic:

Thankyou.

The day before he washed it :slight_smile:

Indeed.

I have no idea my wife deals with these matters. Hope this helps.

kr79:

Ok for you I dont have a wife ( but dont play that way :laughing: :laughing: )

I just wait until it’s minging and put in a request for a new one.

animal:

kr79:

Ok for you I dont have a wife ( but dont play that way :laughing: :laughing: )

but you could at least try could’nt you ? we could build a whole new forum off of that … :open_mouth:

Quite often they are more trouble than they are worth :smiley:

Fairy Liqued squirt it on the grease and wash in machine
Job done.

Best idea throw it in the bin you can get a new one for less than a £5.