Cleaning Products

Afternoon all,
I’m after some information on what you guys use to keep your trucks clean inside and out…
What are the best products out there?
Obviously agency drivers need not bother replying (only joking :wink: )
Thanks in advance

We use auto smart dash,20-20,blast but its expensive as ■■■■ like 3 quid a tin. The dash will last about a month, the blast about 2 weeks and the 20-20 a good few months!!

If it was me paying i would buy each wagon a tub of these to last a year arco.co.uk/products/1128500/ … tant+Wipes and the drivers would like it or lump it :laughing:

Auto smart for everything

it doesn’t matter whose products you buy, they can be expensive

it all depends on what part of the vehicle it is that you want to clean

a general degreaser/cleaner is Autosmart G101 (£10 per 5 ltr) can dilute it 20:1 with water, i find that 10:1 is about right, can use it inside and out, it is a cleaning product, NOT a polish

Autosmart Dash Dandy for the dash areas, but, it does contain silicone :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Autosmart Tyre Dandy for the tyres, i also use it on the rubber floor mats inside the cab, it contains silicone, but not as much as Dash Dandy, and as such, is not as slippery when you stand on it

for the glass cleaner, Autosmart Crystal 20/20 is very good, but, if you get Autoglass out to replace/repair a windscreen, ask him for some of their glass cleaner, it is by far the best and easiest to use, don’t know the name of it though

Autosmart Blast is an air freshener, shake the can, and spray it for 2 seconds inside the cab, then close the door and leave it for a short while to get the best results, DO NOT GO STUPID ON SPRAYING IT ALL OVER THE CAB!!!

another air freshener is the Airwick Freshmatic that blasts every so often, and you can change the canister for different fragrances

metal polish, White Diamond is the best finishing polish there is, end of!!!

Autosol is a very good polish with plenty of cut in it to get the stubborn marks off first, but, be aware, do not go in circular motions with it, go in straight lines with the grain of the metal

you can use the G101 on fabrics too, but Autosmart do a specific product called Brisk for that

for the cab paintwork polish, i am currently using Autoglym Radiant Wax (Trade name for Super Resin Polish), and also Autosmart Tango (fantastic stuff)

if you want anymore info, just ask

these are generally the products that i use, although, others will have their favourites

Booked in when??:
Afternoon all,
I’m after some information on what you guys use to keep your trucks clean inside and out…

The wife. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Booked in when??:
Afternoon all,

The wife. :wink:

Lol.

shuttlespanker:

a general degreaser/cleaner is Autosmart G101 (£10 per 5 ltr) can dilute it 20:1 with water, i find that 10:1 is about right, can use it inside and out, it is a cleaning product, NOT a polish

Autosmart Dash Dandy for the dash areas, but, it does contain silicone :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Autosmart Tyre Dandy for the tyres, i also use it on the rubber floor mats inside the cab, it contains silicone, but not as much as Dash Dandy, and as such, is not as slippery when you stand on it

for the glass cleaner, Autosmart Crystal 20/20 is very good, but, if you get Autoglass out to replace/repair a windscreen, ask him for some of their glass cleaner, it is by far the best and easiest to use, don’t know the name of it though

Autosmart Blast is an air freshener, shake the can, and spray it for 2 seconds inside the cab, then close the door and leave it for a short while to get the best results, DO NOT GO STUPID ON SPRAYING IT ALL OVER THE CAB!!!

another air freshener is the Airwick Freshmatic that blasts every so often, and you can change the canister for different fragrances

Autosol is a very good polish with plenty of cut in it to get the stubborn marks off first, but, be aware, do not go in circular motions with it, go in straight lines with the grain of the metal

you can use the G101 on fabrics too, but Autosmart do a specific product called Brisk for that

for the cab paintwork polish, i am currently using Autoglym Radiant Wax (Trade name for Super Resin Polish), and also Autosmart Tango (fantastic stuff)

these are generally the products that i use, although, others will have their favourites

You got an Autosmart franchise Spanky?

Ken.

I’ve always carried a pack of baby wet wipes, when I was on agency they came in handy to at least wipe the greasy grime off the regular drivers steering wheel & gear shift.

I like to wipe my hands clean after every drop, if the wipe is not too dirty I then use it to wipe down a small area of the controls or dash.

I find that doing this regularly after 8 or 10 drops a day keeps the cab looking clean & fresh.

I use a 3" paint brush for the impossibly niggly bits & the footwell. I can bring a lot of mud back into the cab which soon dries off & coats everything in dust.

Chas:
I’ve always carried a pack of baby wet wipes, when I was on agency they came in handy to at least wipe the greasy grime off the regular drivers steering wheel & gear shift.

I like to wipe my hands clean after every drop, if the wipe is not too dirty I then use it to wipe down a small area of the controls or dash.

I use Lidl W5 wipes for that.

As an agency driver, some of the filthy steering wheels I come across are unbelievable.

Ken.

Quinny:

shuttlespanker:

You got an Autosmart franchise Spanky?

Ken.

no, why?

No reason… :laughing:

Ken.

Quinny:

Ken.

did you ask the same of Dingocatcher, who posted the following?

at least i recommended some other companies products too :unamused:

dingocatcher:

Quinny:
I use Lidl W5 wipes for that.

As an agency driver, some of the filthy steering wheels I come across are unbelievable.

Ken.

Yeah, you’d think the filthy pigs would give the cab at least a rudimentary clean before going off on their jollies :smiley:

Try baby oil on the black plastic dash,it works !!! :laughing: leave the speedo it turns the clear plastic white.

shuttlespanker:

Quinny:

Ken.

dingocatcher:

I have a rep that comes to me, find there products excellent and reasonably priced.

If i get good service i will recommend

Inside I use kitchen cleaner, outside… :open_mouth: if your truck’s too clean you don’t have enough work.

dingocatcher:

shuttlespanker:

Quinny:

Ken.

dingocatcher:

I have a rep that comes to me, find there products excellent and reasonably priced.

wasn’t having a go mate, just making a point

i use various reps that i see when i’m out and about, plus, i get a lot of the stuff i use from the shows

i would agree with your original post for the most part, i do find some products better from other sources, as i described

Swarfega Super power wash tfr for the chassis and trailer, brings curtains up a treat, autoglym wash and wax and polish and trafalgar products silcone spray for the interior, comes in various fragrances and brings all plastics up a treat!

shuttlespanker:

dingocatcher:

shuttlespanker:

Quinny:

Ken.

dingocatcher:

wasn’t having a go mate, just making a point

i use various reps that i see when i’m out and about, plus, i get a lot of the stuff i use from the shows

i would agree with your original post for the most part, i do find some products better from other sources, as i described

Don’t worry didn’t think you were.

I just find my rep excellent and if i rang him tonight he would have it at my door in the morning if i needed it.

I’ve tried a lot of products too and agree with what you say but overall i find there whole range very good

Don’t like baby wipes, I find they leave a ‘greasy/oily’ residue, prefer anti bactierial wipes.