Classic Run Pops (LYMM TRUCKSTOP) Pics

Does anyone know what time peeps get there and what time the run starts?I want to get some pics but dont want to miss it.Anyone know :question: :question: :question:

Ok sorry, I’ll delete the details about POPS- Stoke-on-Trent Rally, was merely attempting to help!

Thats not the one im on about mate.Theres one at Lymm Truckstop(Pops) on Sunday the 26th April which runs to somewhere in Warrington.Thats all the info i know.Anybody got any ideas :question: :question: :question: :question:

Hi BIGRIG
I don’t know any details but I think they are due to meet for lunch at the truck stop at Prees Heath Whitchurch.
might wonder down with the camera if the weather is good or the rain coat if it’s not.

Regards Keith.

I got this info. from the organiser - I hope he doens’t mind me pasting it here.////

THE CHESHIRE RUN : SUNDAY 26 APRIL 2009.
Annually held on the last Sunday in April, the North West’s 2009 ‘season’ opener for historic commercial vehicles, makes its welcome return on Sunday 26th April in conjunction with the FBHVC’s annual “Drive it Day”.
This 90+ mile annual circular tour of Cheshire and North Shropshire starts from POPLAR 2000 SERVICES, Cliff Lane, Lymm on the A50 adjacent to J20/M6. With the oldest and slowest away first, vehicles depart 09.00 onwards.
Travelling via the A50 through Knutsford, Holmes Chapel, Middlewich, Sandbach, Crewe and Nantwich prior to heading for Prees Heath alongside the A41/A49 south of Whitchurch.
Here vehicles and drivers take a welcome ‘change-over’ break at one of the Heath’s Café’s, the first vehicles arrives at Prees at approx. 11.00. Again, enthusiasts and locals alike are sure of a spectacular FREE display of at least a couple of hour’s duration.
Suitably refreshed, the ‘run’ heads north on the A49 to Tarporley before cutting across on the A51 to Tarvin. Thereafter, taking in Ashton, Mouldsworth, Manley, Frodsham, Sutton Weaver, Preston Brook, Daresbury, Walton, Warrington and Rixton. Following another static display, proceedings terminate at approx. 17.00 for another year at Rixton’s ” MOAT LANE SHOWGROUND and CAFÉ”.
As in previous years the ‘run’ attracts entrants and vehicles from near and far. With vehicles travelling from all parts of the country, there is sure to be something to interest everyone.
Further details can be obtained by calling Maurice White on 01925 652647 or by e.mailing thecheshirerun@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help peeps :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

rapidgem:
Ok sorry, I’ll delete the details about POPS- Stoke-on-Trent Rally, was merely attempting to help!

No probs mate i should have worded my question better the first time.Ididnt know there was another POPS,thanks for replying anyway :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

BIGRIG:

rapidgem:

No probs mate i should have worded my question better the first time.Ididnt know there was another POPS,thanks for replying anyway :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No probs Bigrig, It used to be known as ‘The Cheshire Run’, should be a good day, hope the weather is ok for it… enjoy your day :slight_smile:

Iwent today heres some pics

Brilliant day, brilliant weather, brilliant trucks. I have more pics in my photobucket which is linked below in my signature:

What a brilliant turn out every one of the trucks on show was KWALITEE :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Great pics Bigrig, wish I had known it was on, would have driven up for a look, did see them at the midway a few years back.

Dave the Renegade:
Great pics Bigrig, wish I had known it was on, would have driven up for a look, did see them at the midway a few years back.

Thanks mate,it was a good turn out :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

After enjoying lookin at trucks at Lymm and thinking lookin forward to next one.I got a call off my mate telling me he had received a 50quid parking fine from Lymm Truckstop.We were there for about 2hrs 15mins and when we left there wasnt a ticket on his car.Its took the shine off what was a good Sunday morning,why charge that amount for 15mins and why on a Sunday :question: So i wont be goin to the next one its cost me 25quid cos ive paid half,shame on you Lymm Truckstop :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: