Classic commercial September Gravel Run

I have been asked by the Mayor of Freehay Mr Ray Brooks to invite anyone who would like to bring their classic vehicle to the winking man between leek and Buxton for breakfast on Sunday the 21st of September ,the run will leave after breakfast and go up to the Rising sun at Hazel grove via Buxton ,and return via Macclesfield and leek through cheadle to freehay village hall for tea and cake ,the mayor has said he will buy breakfast for the owner of the best turned out vehicle ,post your interest here or call Ray on 07596 905 575.

I won’t make that one Dan, but will be at Gaydon the week before, for the Retro show.
Cheers Dave.

I shall be waiting on the Cat & Fiddle road with the Box Brownie! Anyone have an estimated time at Macclesfield?

No time yet Rof,the run now has 27 confirmed lorries and 5 possibles entrants ,plenty of spaces yet ,all still welcome .

Hi Dan,i’ll see you at end of run at Freehay,think i got chance of free breakfast if i turn up in this old shagheap!?

All this talk about gravel, the Winking Man and Freehay teks me right back to my days at Croxden Gravel!

What sort of time do you expect to be at the Winking Man as I will be back in England that week and I will try to get over there and have a look?

(Afraid the only classic vehicle I can offer these days is a 2001 Citroen Xantia!)

Cheers

Steve

Hi ste46 meet at 9 am for breakfast all welcome Dan.

pete smith:
Hi Dan,i’ll see you at end of run at Freehay,think i got chance of free breakfast if i turn up in this old shagheap!?

theres only 2 rules on this run Pete 1st you can’t overtake Ray at the front,2nd No ■■■■■■ vans !