Class one training diary!

Margate, Sorry to hear you failed. So what !! No big deal. Go for it again I did and I know a lot of other members did too. I bet it’s in the veins now, and you won’t let it out. If you stay on class 2 you will regret not trying class 1 again. Promise me I know. I had to wait for months to get my class 1 and I was cursing myself for failing. No shame in it anyway. My reversing was cr*p and then all of a sudden it clicked into place. On the day of the test the trailer reversed straight into the bay without me having to think about it. I got out and looked at it and looked at the examiner and said to him, “well mate if your not pleased with that I don’t care cause I am well pleased”. He laughed at me and told me to set up for the uncoupling exercise. The poor mans ears were probably sore by the time we got back to the centre cause I chatted non stop to him. I told him all about my reversing failures. He told me the best way to start the reversing exercise is to stay calm and collected. Go slowly so you have time to correct any error. I wish he had of told me that at the beginning not when he was telling me I passed.

Margate, GO FOR IT AGAIN… And let us know. All the best,

Lori :slight_smile:

Hi Margate,very sorry to hear the news.One piece of advice mate,if you can raise the cash for another test DO IT ASAP! Biggest problem for most people is nerves/lack of confidence.If you weren’t capable your instructor wouldn’t put you in for a test,so believe in yourself and give it another go.I know how disappointed you are,can you imagine how you’ll feel when you pass!

Margate!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Oi Pal… dont even Think about quitting… alright??.. :confused: :confused: :confused:
This is ‘De Jar Vu’ for me mate, coz this is exactly what happened to me… Just have a read of my training Logbook… :confused:
I failed my first one on the reverse and then went out on the road and got 2 minors… so I know how gutted you feel… but hang on in there buddy. You now know what its like to go through the artic test and whats needed to pass. As other people have said, just get back out there behind the wheel as soon as you can, and get reversing…

Have you bought any of your kids a toy truck??.. if so, have a play with it, and try and undertand the what you have to move the unit to get the trailer where you want it. If you havent bought them one… go out and by one yourself…

Keep your chin up pal, and you’ll get it next time…
all the best!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

marge, first of sorry bout the test…, so hey you failed. Now what you need to do is remember that you tried your best on the day and you let no one down, nerves are a pain in the backside and that’s most probably what got the better of you.

I know for a fact that you will give it another shot, i don’t think your the kind of person to let something this big go without a good fight. Believe me, it’s worth every tear that you shed and you will cry alot more when you pass!!!

Marge you will pass… just need to give yourself a good talking to, get behind the wheel, get the extra training you need and get that bit of paper…

Hope to see you back online soon hun ■■

Tiggz

tiggz:
marge

Margate,does Tiggz know you better than us…? :wink:

Bad luck margate - just came across your post today and read through it on the edge of my seat - couldn’t believe it when you told us you had failed.

I’m in much the same situation as you - got my class two but failed class one four times - once not getting out of the yard having failed the reverse.

Also borrowed money from a friend to finance it.

So my advice to you is to do what I am doing - get a nice class two job and get some miles under your belt while you save up to try again and pay of mil.

And you haven’t let anyone down - you gave it your best and this time it wasn’t good enough, but next time it will be.

The best thing to do is go for it. If you don’t you’ll lose your confidence and regret it!

I failed my car test four times! At that point I was seriously doubting my career choice l

hi dapper,

i am going for it again at the end of this month on the 29th :slight_smile: :slight_smile: can’t keep a good man down for long :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: