Class 2 Vs Class 1

UKtramp:

Suedehead:

UKtramp:

Fizzygreen:
Just wondering if you view yourself with contempt when you are driving a car too and from work? Or is that different?

I am driven too and from work.

Window licker then.

No just god like, my Monday starts off like this, a herald of angels sing to awake me at 4.30am. (you might have an alarm clock) 3 virgins make my breakfast and serve me coffee. I receive a phone call from the prime minister wishing me god speed. My car arrives to pick me up and I am carried into the car. I arrive at work where a red carpet is rolled out to my cab. A fanfare of trumpets plays to my climbing into my cab, I start my engine and simply say “I am going now, I may be some time” wave at the fans and groupies and drive out of the depot gates. Where does the window licker come into this?

No more questions M" lud.

UKtramp:
No just god like, my Monday starts off like this, a herald of angels sing to awake me at 4.30am. (you might have an alarm clock) 3 virgins make my breakfast and serve me coffee. I receive a phone call from the prime minister wishing me god speed. My car arrives to pick me up and I am carried into the car. I arrive at work where a red carpet is rolled out to my cab. A fanfare of trumpets plays to my climbing into my cab, I start my engine and simply say “I am going now, I may be some time” wave at the fans and groupies and drive out of the depot gates.

Eddie Stobart: trucks and trailers was edited so much im pretty sure the general public this this is what actually happens in the day of a truck driver

I went into what I thought was a class 1 job today at a plant hire company near West Drayton (just north of Heathrow airport). The road leading to it had a sign saying “Not suitable for articulated vehicles”. Further along there was a narrow metal bridge just wide enough for a truck to get through, followed by a right-angle bend. Get to the site, all I see is two 18-tonne flatbeds. When I finally find the office and tell them I thought it was a class 1 job, they told me they had asked for a class 2 driver.

Later on, I texted the agency and they said the company had asked for a class 1 driver several times. I told them they didn’t have any artics. We shared a joke that maybe they thought a class 1 driver meant a first-class driver, but I really don’t think that. I suspect the agency told me it was class 1 so I’d accept it rather than hang out for some actual class 1 work, which there’s been plenty of lately (though in this case I didn’t miss out). Not the first time they’ve not been entirely truthful about the nature of a job.

Some days I wish I was still in my rigid. Some places we get sent to clearly aren’t suitable.

I do enjoy the fawning and adulation you get off class 2 drivers. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. :slight_smile:

Radar19:
Some days I wish I was still in my rigid. Some places we get sent to clearly aren’t suitable.

Personally I wouldn’t be seen dead in one, too much respect for myself plus my wife would be mortified.

SuperMultiBlue:
I do enjoy the fawning and adulation you get off class 2 drivers. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. :slight_smile:

Unless you are doing something like this the looks of adulation are probably boredom or trapped wind.

Heisenberrg:

SuperMultiBlue:

Unless you are doing something like this the looks of adulation are probably boredom or trapped wind.

or jealousy.

UKtramp:

Suedehead:

UKtramp:

Fizzygreen:
Just wondering if you view yourself with contempt when you are driving a car too and from work? Or is that different?

I am driven too and from work.

Window licker then.

No just god like, my Monday starts off like this, a herald of angels sing to awake me at 4.30am. (you might have an alarm clock) 3 virgins make my breakfast and serve me coffee. I receive a phone call from the prime minister wishing me god speed. My car arrives to pick me up and I am carried into the car. I arrive at work where a red carpet is rolled out to my cab. A fanfare of trumpets plays to my climbing into my cab, I start my engine and simply say “I am going now, I may be some time” wave at the fans and groupies and drive out of the depot gates. Where does the window licker come into this?

You’re heart goes out to people like this it’s either dreamland or the reality of life is too hard to grasp
He probably lives in a hostel and the virgins are three drunks coming in from a night out so he has to get out of bed at 4.30 then he probably drives to work and stops at some All night place for something to eat
He gets to work early always because he can’t hold a conversation with anyone so needs to get out before anyone else comes in

UKtramp:

Radar19:

Personally I wouldn’t be seen dead in one, too much respect for myself plus my wife would be mortified.

1. “Wouldn’t be seen dead in one”? Is that a council white Renault?

2.Wife? Really?

3.If wife is real, not already mortified…really?

4.Self respect? Have you actually read some of the manure you put up on here?

No offence like :smiley:

Norfolkinclue1:

UKtramp:

Radar19:

1. “Wouldn’t be seen dead in one”? Is that a council white Renault?

2.Wife? Really?

3.If wife is real, not already mortified…really?

4.Self respect? Have you actually read some of the manure you put up on here?

No offence like :smiley:

A lot of his self-confidence issues started when he was sacked for messing up repairs on people’s fridges, then things took a turn for the worse when
he repeatedly failed his class 1 test and his wife eventually left him when he got sacked for strapping and ratcheting himself to the side if his truck and had to be cut free by the fire brigade. That’s a true story. :unamused:

Op, is compensating for something. I’ve got a bigger truck so I’m better. King of the road yeah, . We had a lad like you at ours. Key word there is had. We’re all drivers. Grow up sir

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk

Stehinch:
Op, is compensating for something. I’ve got a bigger truck so I’m better. King of the road yeah, . We had a lad like you at ours. Key word there is had. We’re all drivers. Grow up sir

Really? Thanks for the advice, I will take that on board, would hate to be sacked like the lad at your place. :unamused:

UKtramp:

Stehinch:

Really? Thanks for the advice, I will take that on board, would hate to be sacked like the lad at your place. :unamused:

I know Tramp, sacked :open_mouth: Can you imagine not having a job and simply going getting another one? :unamused:

Why do people start quivering with fear and soil themselves at the threat of a job loss? (That’s one of the reasons drivers end up getting dry shafted in the first place).

UKtramp:

Stehinch:

Your welcome, and my apologies that was a bit bitchy, Sorry. I think it’s maybe more a knowledge/experience/training thing. Car drivers don’t have a clue, once you’ve done your class 2 you tend to realise that we need MORE room! Class 1 especially. Sure in my little 28t rigid I know exactly where the back end, I don’t even have to think about where I’m putting her on the road to clear corners/junctions. Class 1 with our trailers (which are nigh on double the length of the damm tiny training one!) ■■■■ me I’m trying to concentrate on everything at once, gimme 6 years running it and I’m sure I’ll be fine, I’ll still be learning sure but won’t have to worry about it. Ask me again in six years pal!

eagerbeaver:
I know Tramp, sacked :open_mouth: Can you imagine not having a job and simply going getting another one? :unamused:

Why do people start quivering with fear and soil themselves at the threat of a job loss? (That’s one of the reasons drivers end up getting dry shafted in the first place).

I would welcome been sacked, be nice to have a day off before I pickup the phone and start again the next day. That’s the big problem as you say EB, way too many drivers fear the sack and half the reason wages are ■■■■ nowadays.

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

I would welcome been sacked, be nice to have a day off before I pickup the phone and start again the next day. That’s the big problem as you say EB, way too many drivers fear the sack and half the reason wages are [zb] nowadays.

I can’t say much but he wasn’t sacked for not listening to everyone ‘advising’ him to ease off. He won’t have a license shortly. That and the damage caused. I’m happy to hold my hands up and say yeah class 2 sometimes I think I know it all (and sometimes I’m a really stupid numpty). Class 1, hey I’ll be the one on here asking stupid questions as those ladies do run differently, don’t help that it’s a couple of months in c2, then a few day c1, then back to c2 for a few months!

Stehinch:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

I would welcome been sacked, be nice to have a day off before I pickup the phone and start again the next day. That’s the big problem as you say EB, way too many drivers fear the sack and half the reason wages are [zb] nowadays.

I can’t say much but he wasn’t sacked for not listening to everyone ‘advising’ him to ease off. He won’t have a license shortly. That and the damage caused. I’m happy to hold my hands up and say yeah class 2 sometimes I think I know it all (and sometimes I’m a really stupid numpty). Class 1, hey I’ll be the one on here asking stupid questions as those ladies do run differently, don’t help that it’s a couple of months in c2, then a few day c1, then back to c2 for a few months!

i couldn’t go to class 2 work for the simple reason, it is too much graft for me, only playing with you M8.

UKtramp:

Stehinch:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

i couldn’t go to class 2 work for the simple reason, it is too much graft for me, only playing with you M8.

I dunno about that, yeah the general stigma is class 2 is nearly all multidrop, handball crap etc. Sure wincantons nights for whsmith was a ballache, (I liked working nights tho). But most else of the time it was pull up, open curtain, close curtain drive off. I got lucky with my start I guess. I’m still on c2 at the mo. Is we haven’t got anyone else able or willing to do it, I talk to the office about once a week. With regards to the gentleman that was let go, please correct me if I’m wrong but, new pass, permanent direct contract with company tramping as first job and all you got was moan whinge moan. I was like sure your trucks not great, but you’ve only just started, you don’t get the nice stuff till youve put your time in, you’ve just passed and you’ve got a damm good foot in the door, don’t rock the boat?

If these Platooning lorries get started will the lead drivers look down on a mere class 1 driver?!

People will get their class 1 if they have the itch for it. If your happy driving a class 2 or whatever why would you care what others think of you? Job satisfaction is what matters.

The whole thing of i can drive a class 1 but you can’t is like the kid at school who used to brag about what they got for christmas or their birthday the playground mentality never ends really.

One thing about driving is that it covers a huge scope of work so there’s something for everyone, braggers included :smiley: