Class 2 Vs Class 1

I dont mind driving Class 2 if it means I don’t have to do multi drops in town centres…

I honestly find them more harder to drive, turning circle and with heavy steering bugs me and if it has a split shift manual box just too much leg & arm work.

I do try to avoid them but on a Saturday or Sunday at £17+ and hour (Class 1 rate) then don’t mind doing it which avoids me working in the week.

Regarding numpties cutting in…I don’t think I have seen it much… what really frustrates me how “the professional” takes 2-4 miles to overtake an elephant and holding everyone back in the process and the “professional” who just cannot drop 3 kph to let go…

Then the “professional” will be met a the next roundabout or traffic light or traffic jam with the other “professional”

boltonboy:
Regarding numpties cutting in…I don’t think I have seen it much… what really frustrates me how “the professional” takes 2-4 miles to overtake an elephant and holding everyone back in the process and the “professional” who just cannot drop 3 kph to let go…

Then the “professional” will be met a the next roundabout or traffic light or traffic jam with the other “professional”

Well as I said. the problem is not exclusive to class 2 drivers.

City67:
Hi All

1st post so take it easy eh?
I am class 1 but occasionally take out a class 2 depending on my start time, and it’s noticable how few (less than 10% I’d say) class 1 drivers flash you in when you’ve overtaken them. Maybe it’s just due to the shorter truck or maybe the OP is not alone in his thinking?

I rarely flash in class 2s because they usually pull in before I’m ready :laughing: :unamused:

I don’t look down on class 2 drivers, I just never had any interest in driving them. I always wanted to go tramping in the biggest vehicles on the road. Besides being too much like hard work, my ■■■■ is far too small to drive a class 2, I need the full 54 foot of compensation :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When I did Class 2 work, I was always looking up to the Class 1 drivers wishing I was on the bendies & I knew plenty of other (usually younger) lads who were the same.

In the end I couldn’t scratch the itch & I ended up sacrificing a pretty good multidrop gig where I was finished for 2/3pm everyday to get my artic experience.

Your Class 1 is worth having in respect to being able to easily find jobs that pay you a decent living, but my advice to anybody thinking of upgrading is to bare in mind that the novelty wears off.

del949:
I think that there are far more C+E divers with Tramps attitude than some realise. .

Doesn’t work at our place, we all have to get behind the wheel of a van some days :smiley:

UKtramp:
I suppose it’s time for another debatable subject. Honest replies are always good and not what you think others want to hear. I will start of with MY honest opinion and see who agrees or disagrees. So as a class 1 tramper I drive the length of the country as most others do. I see frequently class 2 drivers who have not got a clue about driving HGV. Same could be said for a number of class 1 drivers too. However my point is that I am constantly been cut up and silly class 2 drivers driving their vehicles like a car. When pulling in to any stops where we either require a load or unload or even a break. I look upon most class 2 drivers with the same contempt I have for car drivers. I honestly always feel more superior than a class 2 driver even though I once only held a class 2 licence. I would like to know others opinions on this and also do any class 2 drivers feel inferior to a class 1 driver? I believe they do feel a little intimidated from what my own experiences are. When I say intimidated I really mean is there a bit of I wished I held a class 1 licence?

Maybe these less superior class 2 drivers do it to make you remember they earn more and are home at weekends. … might be fixing a fridge in the evening as a hobby. Better trolling next time.

discoman:

UKtramp:
I suppose it’s time for another debatable subject. Honest replies are always good and not what you think others want to hear. I will start of with MY honest opinion and see who agrees or disagrees. So as a class 1 tramper I drive the length of the country as most others do. I see frequently class 2 drivers who have not got a clue about driving HGV. Same could be said for a number of class 1 drivers too. However my point is that I am constantly been cut up and silly class 2 drivers driving their vehicles like a car. When pulling in to any stops where we either require a load or unload or even a break. I look upon most class 2 drivers with the same contempt I have for car drivers. I honestly always feel more superior than a class 2 driver even though I once only held a class 2 licence. I would like to know others opinions on this and also do any class 2 drivers feel inferior to a class 1 driver? I believe they do feel a little intimidated from what my own experiences are. When I say intimidated I really mean is there a bit of I wished I held a class 1 licence?

Maybe these less superior class 2 drivers do it to make you remember they earn more and are home at weekends. … might be fixing a fridge in the evening as a hobby. Better trolling next time.

You don’t make any sense at all (not surprising). Fixing a fridge as a hobby? Are you for real, no one fixes fridges for a hobby that’s real mens work reserved only for people like me who are more like gods than human. If I were Egyptian I would be a Pharo, God was a fridge engineer and so was all of the roman Emperors. So how would a multi drop class 2 driver fix fridges as a hobby?

When my son was around 5 years old, I bought him a Corgi 26 tonne rigid model. He took one look at it and threw it in the bin.

I retrieved it and took it back to the toy shop and swapped it for an articulated one. When I gave it to him, his face lit up and he said " Now that’s a proper truck Dad " :sunglasses:
He is a bit older now and I often ask him if he remembers the experience, and he always say’s the same thing, " It was a complete embarrassment, almost as bad as that time you went on the agency Dad " :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:
When my son was around 5 years old, I bought him a Corgi 26 tonne rigid model. He took one look at it and threw it in the bin.

I retrieved it and took it back to the toy shop and swapped it for an articulated one. When I gave it to him, his face lit up and he said " Now that’s a proper truck Dad " :sunglasses:
He is a bit older now and I often ask him if he remembers the experience, and he always say’s the same thing, " It was a complete embarrassment, almost as bad as that time you went on the agency Dad " :grimacing:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

This thread is total and utter dangly bits of a bull and what comes out just behind it !
I’m a class 2 driver but I don’t feel inferior to so called zb’s as they like to think they are
Also they seem to forget take away the trailer and any class 2 driver could drive their shiny truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue estate:
This thread is total and utter dangly bits of a bull and what comes out just behind it !
I’m a class 2 driver but I don’t feel inferior to so called zb’s as they like to think they are
Also they seem to forget take away the trailer and any class 2 driver could drive their shiny truck

That’s why we leave them hooked up so that you can’t :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

blue estate:

That’s why we leave them hooked up so that you can’t :laughing:

Give me 7weeks and I may be able to[emoji6]

eagerbeaver:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just wondering if you view yourself with contempt when you are driving a car too and from work? Or is that different?

Fizzygreen:
Just wondering if you view yourself with contempt when you are driving a car too and from work? Or is that different?

I am driven too and from work.

blue estate:

Depends when they passed the class 2 test. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

‘Class 2’ with 102 restriction.Why drive an inferior artic. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=pSCS9Xsht3I 2.06 -

youtube.com/watch?v=KCLS4diMklE

Blocked in at services this morning by rymans class 2. 15 min left of 45 lorry in front moves away and so I’m next when my break is up as having arrived after the artic in front of me he will be finished then me. Rigid goes around all spaces next to others and rather than doing a queue he reverses in front of me. Now blocked in. Clown.

mrhankey:
Blocked in at services this morning by rymans class 2. 15 min left of 45 lorry in front moves away and so I’m next when my break is up as having arrived after the artic in front of me he will be finished then me. Rigid goes around all spaces next to others and rather than doing a queue he reverses in front of me. Now blocked in. Clown.

That’s not the rigid drivers fault ,that’s your fault ,what if the lorry you parked behind was having a longer break ,waiting or having 24 hrs off Ect ?

UKtramp:

Fizzygreen:

Window licker then.

Suedehead:

UKtramp:

Fizzygreen:

Window licker then.

No just god like, my Monday starts off like this, a herald of angels sing to awake me at 4.30am. (you might have an alarm clock) 3 virgins make my breakfast and serve me coffee. I receive a phone call from the prime minister wishing me god speed. My car arrives to pick me up and I am carried into the car. I arrive at work where a red carpet is rolled out to my cab. A fanfare of trumpets plays to my climbing into my cab, I start my engine and simply say “I am going now, I may be some time” wave at the fans and groupies and drive out of the depot gates. Where does the window licker come into this?