Class 2 test on saturday

Hi just joined the forum

Have been reading lots of posts and found them great.

Now i am in the middle of my class 2 training and taking my test on Saturday.
Can anyone give us a bit of advice for the day.I am taking it at garrets green in brum.
Thanks People

Welcome to Trucknet hostmarky. :laughing:

Just stay as calm as you can, concentrate and enjoy the experience, good luck for Saturday.

Good luck with the test :slight_smile:

Hi hostmarky & welcome to Trucknet :smiley:

First things first, good luck on Saturday :wink:

I found this site about two or three months ago, and like you, have found all sorts of interesting and useful stuff - also a fair amount of the weird & wonderful too :laughing:

I can’t give you ‘seasoned professional’ advice , since I only passed Class 2 myself last Friday :smiley: , but I can tell you what helped me and what I learned from the experience of the test.

The most important thing is to try and relax. If you fail, you can always come back and do it again.

Keep listening to what your instructor’s telling you.

Make sure you’ve boned up on the safety questions (there’s a useful show me/tell me PDF on the DSA site)

Take the reverse nice and steady & get the emergency stop right.

Most important of all, don’t assume that you’ve failed. I went round most of the route convinced I had, but it turns out that what I thought were howlers were only minors in the examiner’s eyes.

It’s all fairly obvious stuff, I know, but it worked for me :smiley: :smiley:

Anyway, good luck again. Look forward to hearing how it goes :smiley:

As Spitfire said - also try and give the examiner a smooth ride, do not rush but make “progress” where it is safe to hit the speed limit, and keep looking in those mirrors.

Best of luck - and remember that the examiners are only human as well…

G

PS: Out of interest who did you train with ■■

Thanks for the support people everytip has been noted.

I am training with Eastern In Brum and so far found them very good.I am using a scania with a 4 over 4 box which i am getting the drift of it.I just need to slow myself down a bit and not rush things.

Welcome to TruckNet UK hostmarky
and good luck on Saturday :smiley:

The Scania will certainly prepare you for “real” driving better than either of the Merc’s. Nice truck although the gearbox has not got much travel so I bet it took a bit of getting used to… … …

I did my training with Eastern as well - and found them great… …

Spitfire:
I found this site about two or three months ago, and like you, have found all sorts of interesting and useful stuff - also a fair amount of the weird & wonderful too :laughing:

I can’t give you ‘seasoned professional’ advice , since I only passed Class 2 myself last Friday :smiley: , but I can tell you what helped me and what I learned from the experience of the test.

You may not be able to give “seasoned professional’ advice” Spitfire but it is the contribution’s from people of all levels that make these pages what they are. Those members that are newly passed offer the best advice for those in training because the experience is fresh in their minds. Professional driving is a constant learning curve and the longer you have your licence the less obvious the dificulties experienced by a newbie become. The support offered by other members that are training or finding their feet in the haulage industry make these pages what they are so I would like to encourage anybody looking for information to join in, everybody’s welcome! :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing:

Welcome to Trucknet hostmarky :smiley: good luck for saturday and let us know how you get on. :wink: :smiley:

Oh well d-day has come and gone

And a fail!

Oh well never mind got 12 faults ans a serious on the gears.

As for my driving the examiner said it very good…i can handle the vehicle
known what i am doing…just those bloody gears.

So looks like a re-run in 2 weeks time folks

Thanks for the messages of support this week

sorry to hear that marky all the best for the next one

sorry to hear that hostmarky. All the best for the next one

Sorry to hear that - good luck next time !!

Sorry to hear that, good luck for the next one.

Better luck next time hostmarky, stick with it.

Well folks d-day has come again…

I have my test on Monday the 10th October…

Nearly 3 weeks after the first one.I have 2 hours before the test so i hope it all comes back to me.I have been out to day in the van doing all the test routes and sussing out the bad turns.Just hope the gearbox won,t let me down again.Will post how i get on Monday night.

Thanks for the messages of support…i have taken them in

Mark

good luck… dont worry it took me 4 times to pass class 2 i was p…d by the time the 4th one came lol
took my class 1 a couple of weeks ago and passed first time with no marks at all…

if i can do it any one can lol

just relax and if its nerves then i can recomend some thing called KALMS
they are a herbal tablet and they realy work ( start to take a few days before test )

ps im not a doctor lol

Is it that the g/box on your test vehicle is worn? It was a little on mine, but its just practice getting used to when it’ll let you drop down a cog.
YOu can always practice the gear exercise in your van in a quiet car park :wink:

When i took the test first time round the examiner said i was rushing the box.

The actually gear exercise was ok just when i was approaching a couple of junctions and roundabouts the gear did not seem to go in or i forgot to change the range changer.

When the gear would not go in i think it was down to the revs being to high.

Best of luck for today !!!

G