Class 2 test on saturday

Well the d-day hour has Come and Gone…

AND I DID IT…!

Got 8 minors although 3 of them was on gears…

Thanks to all the posts which has helped me along the way.
I will be keeping you updated on the progress i make with
my first job…

Thanks again

Mark

Well done mate. It sounds like you learnt on the same kinda truck as me which once you get used to the gear box is very nice to drive. It took me three times to pass although I never got more than 5 minors on any test so as you can imagine, by the third time I was starting to get depressed and my third test was just awful, but he passed me none the less. Definetly the look of the draw rather than any improvement since my failed tests.

Well done hostmarky, feels great doesn’t it? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well Done !!!

Nice one m8 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Congratulations !

Brilliant news, well done fella! :laughing: :laughing:

Well done m8. I signed up with Eastern today and go for medical tomorrow.
I am looking forward to the driving bit but the theory is stressing me out.
Anyway congratulations a job weel done
Ant

TBH you’d have to fall asleep half way through it to fail the theory! Really obvious common sense questions, it even shows you the answers.

Like:
What should you check before leaving your vehicle? Mark two answers.

1. the Hand brake is on
  2. the doors are locked.
  3. you switched the central heating off at home.
  4. you havent forgoten your wife’s birthday

There is a knack to the hazard perception element though, just a question of practicing on the PC simulator CD-ROM though.[/i]

Best of Luck Ant

I found Eastern very helpful with the training.The main thing to do is enjoy it !

As for the theroy as dennisw1 said its all about common sense on the questions.

Congratulations hostmarky :smiley:. Also
Good luck Ant with your training and
tests ect :smiley:

Well done hostmarky :smiley:

Ant:

As dennisw1 said it’s fairly simple, the only questions liable to cause you any problems are the ones on the tacho and even then they aren’t that difficult. You probably already know but a mock theory test is available on the DSA site.

Well done hostmarky :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

The main theory bit is fine - worth getting the practice CD’s for that and especially the hazard perception part though !!!

Ant, remember not to click to soon on the hazard perception tests, and not to over click or the simulator will think you are trying to cheat and give you a big fat zero.
As for the questions, just keep studying them until you are sick of them and then do some more. :laughing: and you shouldn’t go wrong.

Cheers Dooby for the advice. I got the cd/dvd yesterday and tried it out last night. You are right about there being a technique to it as I was finding all or most of the hazards and scoring really low. Mrs Ant was in hysterics as I ended up in full Basil Fawlty rant mode, especially when in one clip there is a filling station and they don’t rate it as a hazard yet in the very next clip they show another one and say that it is a hazard. Only diff is that the first one was BP the second one was not, so remember guys if you are passing a non BP garage then you had better be careful :blush:
Had the medical today that went ok, it was with a retired Dr, nice old guy. So licence off to DVLA tomorrow and hopefully theory test in the next 2 or 3 weeks, if I can get the hang of this damned computer game. :laughing:
cheers
Ant

Ant, I know what you mean about the hazard perception. One of the members on here (can’t remember her name but definately female) gave me some great advice when I did mine a couple of years ago.

As soon as you see the hazard click once, then wait approx 1 second and click twice. Worked for me. Its been said before that 'cos we’re already experienced car drivers we are seeing the hazard too soon. Remember its a computer program.

And the actually DSA hazard perception program is easier than the Focus CD-ROM you use at home.

The videos are clearer and the hazards are a little more obvious.