Class 2 or class 1?

Nigel Rice transport are advertising for class 2 drivers @ 8.20 per hour… he’s also wanting class 1 drivers @ 8.50 per hour.

both jobs are on the indeed website if your really desperate

I wont be applying for neither job but my question is this, what’s the lowest difference in pay you have seen or would work for■■? 30p a hour over 60 hours = £18 a week difference.

Neither at that place as I get £8.51 on class 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
Neither at that place as I get £8.51 on class 2

I’m not asking which one you would take I’m asking what is the lowest difference between class’s you have seen or would work for…

Sorry to sound so negative but those wages for both classes are ■■■■ poor.

Tony Saprano:

yes I know and that’s why I’m not taking either job…

in more simpler words would you drive a class 1 job for a company knowing they pay class 2 just 30p a hour less■■? personally I think there should be at least £1 difference between class’s

yorkielee:

Tony Saprano:

yes I know and that’s why I’m not taking either job…

in more simpler words would you drive a class 1 job for a company knowing they pay class 2 just 30p a hour less■■? personally I think there should be at least £1 difference between class’s

Hmm… if you were a new driver that’d be a tough decision. If you weren’t it would be a no brainer. Class 2 all the way. With the extra responsibility of the larger vehicle you would expect that to be reflected in the pay. If it aint then rigid it is.

Depends on the work you are doing, one hit trunking class one or twenty drops handball class two, could be many variations.

dericboy1:
Depends on the work you are doing, one hit trunking class one or twenty drops handball class two, could be many variations.

Yeah not a bad point is that.

yorkielee:
in more simpler words would you drive a class 1 job for a company knowing they pay class 2 just 30p a hour less■■?

Yes I would, because Class 1 work generally involves driving up a motorway, listening to the radio and scratching your ■■■■■■■■, whereas Class 2 work generally involves doing eleventy billion drops a day in urban areas.

I was at Sports Direct for about six months, class one was £12, which wasn’t brilliant for nights, opening city centre shops etc. (£15 sat/sun)

Class two was £11 per hour, which I thought was over-paid.

Class 1’s are far easier to drive, class 2’s can be like turning an ocean liner. People tend to get out of your way and not squeeze down the side of you so much. Vast majority of artics have bunks, so you get paid to sleep whilst getting tipped. You might do 2 or 3 drops a day in an artic, instead of 20+ in a van.

Plus you don’t get laughed at for driving a van.

Not easier at Sports Direct!!

Finding places to park the drag/more drops/turning in places like Merryhill/Frenchgate

eagerbeaver:
Class 1’s are far easier to drive, class 2’s can be like turning an ocean liner

You’ve driven my MAN tgm 18tnr then :wink: I call her queen Mary :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We had a few plain white MAN TGM’s on long term hire at P&H mate. Dreadful vehicles. Elbow’s poked out at right angles like an OAP shopper in Sainsbury’s.

The biggest steering wheels in history don’t help either Blue!

eagerbeaver:
We had a few plain white MAN TGM’s on long term hire at P&H mate. Dreadful vehicles. Elbow’s poked out at right angles like an OAP shopper in Sainsbury’s.

The biggest steering wheels in history don’t help either Blue!

I had trouble going around the roundabout out side Haskins at longham :open_mouth:

The last place I worked with a mixed fleet paid the same rates with a productivity bonus. So the rigid drivers out earn the artic drivers without leaving the manor. I lasted 6 months. The longest serving artic driver has done 18 months, the shortest serving rigid driver has done 8 years

For those wages can I work on the till’s at Lidi’s please? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:
For those wages can I work on the till’s at Lidi’s please? :open_mouth:

Absolutely. My boy is 17 years old and he works for Serco at the local hospital, serving meals to patients, emptying bins etc and he’s on £8 an hour. Why on earth anybody would spend £3,000 getting a licence to do a job which pays 20p an hour more is beyond me.

My worry if I was the employer, what kind of employee would I be getting at those rates!?

Someone who grabs some experience before cutting off to a better paid job…? = Added time and expense of recruitment.
Someone who doesn’t give a stuff how/when the load arrives? = Bad rep for the company.
Someone who doesn’t give a stuff about the vehicle/regs? = Higher insurance; higher repair bills; VOSA £hit list…

Harry Monk:

yorkielee:
in more simpler words would you drive a class 1 job for a company knowing they pay class 2 just 30p a hour less■■?

Yes I would, because Class 1 work generally involves driving up a motorway, listening to the radio and scratching your ■■■■■■■■, whereas Class 2 work generally involves doing eleventy billion drops a day in urban areas.

Hello to Jason Isaac’s Harry.