class 1 training

i am about to start my class 1 in the next few weeks with ADR network based at lea green wincanton i’ve been told if i pass i’m guaranteed atleast 6 mths work,i have had to pay a 318 quid deposit & if & when i pass they take 30 quid a week out my wages for 6mths,i have had my class 2 since oct 2010 i’ve also had the typical job offers off some agency’s that are too good to be true & i have also been shafted a couple a times most notably by top gear recruitment that left me a bit demoralised if am honest to the point of almost turning my back on it altogether,but am determined to get the class 1 & prove 1 or 2 doubters wrong,i live in liverpool i have just finnished my cpc so all thats upto date,any advice on what to expect would much appreciated,because i just want a more stable wage every week for me & my family i would work nights & even go tramping if i had too or would i be better knocking on doors asking for a start when i pass,thanks

So you paid £318 for class one training followed by £30 x 26 when you pass while you could be earning one shift a week and still paying it out :open_mouth: total price is £1098 which isn’t bad in my opinion. My only concern would be what if you only earn 1-2 days some weeks, BUT never heard of this set up before. Can’t see them setting it up if they weren’t desperate for drivers.
Good luck think you’re gonna need it.

Sounds like a clever idea by the agency + 6 months work guarnteed which should be easy this time of year.

Good for you also as you get to spread the payments, might want to have a look at the small print on the contract.

Sure theres a negative somewhere but keep us posted how it goes.

sounds a good deal :slight_smile:

I agree sounds a good deal to me aswell, almost too good. Sure there isn’t any small print?

adrnetwork.co.uk/lgv-training = LOOKS OK TO ME

Wonder why only 21 hours and not 28 for dcpc … could be they use that as an average because 14 would be for 1 to 1 and 28 for 2 to 1

ye al keep ya s all posted,i have just finnished my 35 hrs cpc with jm safety in widnes aswel so whether the 21 hrs goes towards the next lot of cpc i dont no hopefully it will,i just want a regular wage & a little bit of security for my family after struggling for yrs & gerin shafted a few times by some agencys resulting me almost turning my back on it altogether but am determined enough to pass the class 1 & make it happen it starts on the 21st july with the test on the 25th july

ste pickup:
… i have just finnished my 35 hrs cpc with jm safety in widnes aswel so whether the 21 hrs goes towards the next lot of cpc i dont no hopefully it will, …

Sorry mate, but from the info you’ve given… You can’t do a carry-over of DCPC hours.

If you want the DCPC hours to count, you’d need to wait until after Sept 9th then you’ll be into the next 5yr cycle.

ADR are a pretty good company I worked for them years ago out of Newport Gwent. Always kept me rolling and in plenty of work

dieseldave:

ste pickup:
… i have just finnished my 35 hrs cpc with jm safety in widnes aswel so whether the 21 hrs goes towards the next lot of cpc i dont no hopefully it will, …

Sorry mate, but from the info you’ve given… You can’t do a carry-over of DCPC hours.

If you want the DCPC hours to count, you’d need to wait until after Sept 9th then you’ll be into the next 5yr cycle.

ste pickup:
i have had my class 2 since oct 2010

If you did initial dcpc modules 2 and 4 in 2010 which means you had a DQC expiry dated in 2015 then did 35 hours dcpc you get a new DQC expiry dated in 2020 so any more will not count until after the first DQC expiry date in 2015

Hmmm… :question:

The catch being that no hourly rate or details about pay at all is mentioned on the site. I’d say it’s an easy way to guarantee drivers for the ■■■■ stuff no one else wants to do, without having to pay them much.

I’d be asking what’d I’d be doing and at what sort of rate once I’d passed before rushing to sign up. And getting it in writing if it sounded OK.

dieseldave:

ste pickup:

ok thanks for that al remember

ste pickup:
i am about to start my class 1 in the next few weeks with ADR network based at lea green wincanton i’ve been told if i pass i’m guaranteed atleast 6 mths work,i have had to pay a 318 quid deposit & if & when i pass they take 30 quid a week out my wages for 6mths,i have had my class 2 since oct 2010 i’ve also had the typical job offers off some agency’s that are too good to be true & i have also been shafted a couple a times most notably by top gear recruitment that left me a bit demoralised if am honest to the point of almost turning my back on it altogether,but am determined to get the class 1 & prove 1 or 2 doubters wrong,i live in liverpool i have just finnished my cpc so all thats upto date,any advice on what to expect would much appreciated,because i just want a more stable wage every week for me & my family i would work nights & even go tramping if i had too or would i be better knocking on doors asking for a start when i pass,thanks

its sounds ok but good luck just take note of your trailers and if you can learn your reversing do it. Go see PM transport in liverpool they should set you on after your 6mths

bradfordlad9999:

ste pickup:

its sounds ok but good luck just take note of your trailers and if you can learn your reversing do it. Go see PM transport in liverpool they should set you on after your 6mths

thanks very much for that

failed my 1st test on the bloody reverse and i’d been nailing it all through the week but ball’sed it up on the day everything else was near spot on,but i am going again on the 4th september at 10.15 in atherton

If the reversing is your achilles heel, insist to your trainer on focusing on it before your re-test. On my recent test day, i had two hours driving on the Friday morning prior to the 8.30 test appointment, and pretty much spent all of it doing the cones bit, then just drove to the centre.

Good luck, pal - if i can do it - anyone can! :slight_smile:

Are you using bits on the trailer as reference points for when to steer on the reverse?

ste pickup:

Stay the course bright bar, you are laughing with that deal.
I’d bite ADR’s
Hand off if I was looking (you reading this pimpdaddy?) >>>>>

ADR are supposed to
Be one of the better agencies & have really easy work like Tesco, NFT & wh smith decker trunking.

Have faith.0

ADR can’t get enough drivers at the
Moment & their customers are getting ancy. £13.50 in the Mids & £150 if you refer a friend.

ste pickup:
failed my 1st test on the bloody reverse and i’d been nailing it all through the week but ball’sed it up on the day everything else was near spot on,but i am going again on the 4th september at 10.15 in atherton

We are the same, I failed my class 1 first time round 18 year ago with exactly what you had, couple of minors on the drive & then I stopped in the box in the right place but then thought he needed an extra foot or two back & fail, pretty lame if you ask me but rules is rules. I can drive them with my eyes shut now.