class 1 training

This will be much more common now with the clued up firms offering to put you through if you commit to them.

This Xmas will be warfare!!!

Reversing &
Driving class one in general is purely about preparation & forward planning, get the arse of
The trailer where you want him to go & then you make your life easier with that prep, abort & start again if you ain’t happy or you’ll make a ■■■■■■■■ of it.

sorry about any delays in updating my progress in my class 1 training,i failed the 1st test basicaly coz my arse went,i ballsed up the reverse altogether & wasnt comfy in general.the 2nd test i completely nailed the reverse,couple & uncouple went ok out on the road was driving great 25 mins in & the examiner says pull over here please at this point the abs light kept coming on with an alarm on a amber quite regular & bcoz of this he says am sorry i’ll have to abandon the test i goes your avin a laff,he goes to call his boss as were waiting for him i was talking & asked him cud i have a look at the sheet he says what for there’s no faults on so that made me even more determined to pass,the boss comes asks me to take the keys out & wait in the passenger seat as am not a legal driver yet & the pair of them ■■■■■■ off & left me there over the m61 looking towards bolton & west houghton i had to wait for the instructor to pic me up,now a lad 2 hrs earlier had his test with the same problem & passed,forward a few weeks its derby day merseyside just 2 weeks ago i gets a call that turned my inside out the call was that my mum was found dead at home this ripped the heart out of the whole family i had my rearranged test he following wed the 1st october i nailed the reverse & everything else only had 9 minors i was told the national average is 8,i was told by a few lads who have there class 1 how i done it theyl never now but i had my mum with me onwards & upwards from now on looking forward to starting my new job in the next week or so cheers :smiley: ste pickup

ROG:
Are you using bits on the trailer as reference points for when to steer on the reverse?

ye the was painted markings on the trailer

Well done lad and welcome to the bendy club :sunglasses:

Congrats, do you know where you’ll be working

Silver_Surfer:
ADR can’t get enough drivers at the
Moment & their customers are getting ancy. £13.50 in the Mids & £150 if you refer a friend.

Rang them & asked if they’d put me up somewhere as I’m not local & they told me to get stretched, shows they aren’t really that desperate.
PS I wouldn’t work on any tesco contract, don’t give a zb how much they pay:evil:

Can never be certain what type has been passed in so here are both …

Big Roy:
Congrats, do you know where you’ll be working

either lea green co op,dhl or guiness in runcorn al go anywere

ROG:
Can never be certain what type has been passed in so here are both …

45’ artic with a daf cf was gonna do it in a wagon & drag but was told to stear clear,only working my notice now i’ve got a 2 day induction at lea green co op on the 29/30th october then probaly start working the next day,theyve sed if i dont wanna work at lea green they can put me in a few places like dhl,guiness etc

What a maritime like to work for cheers

ste pickup:
i am about to start my class 1 in the next few weeks with ADR network based at lea green wincanton i’ve been told if i pass i’m guaranteed atleast 6 mths work,i have had to pay a 318 quid deposit & if & when i pass they take 30 quid a week out my wages for 6mths,i have had my class 2 since oct 2010 i’ve also had the typical job offers off some agency’s that are too good to be true & i have also been shafted a couple a times most notably by top gear recruitment that left me a bit demoralised if am honest to the point of almost turning my back on it altogether,but am determined to get the class 1 & prove 1 or 2 doubters wrong,i live in liverpool i have just finnished my cpc so all thats upto date,any advice on what to expect would much appreciated,because i just want a more stable wage every week for me & my family i would work nights & even go trampingt if i had too or would i be better knocking on doors asking for a start when i pass,thanks

Hi,be vary careful with ADR like many other agency’s they will give u all the spill but will drop u at no notice,I’ve worked for them in the past in London and been told shift cancelled for tomorrow with 5 hrs notice only to turn up the next day to be asked If was feeling better,they have even gone as far as saying that a family member had been taken to hospital so I would’nt b able to work…on the plus side think you’re getting a good deal for the licence but you def need to get it in writing that you will be garenteed 6 months work…good luck