Class 1 reversing: Questions

1. Will i fail my test, if i go over to the left to much at the start of the test, making the examiner not see daylight between cone A and b? Or can i just reverse back and line it up again without any minors/majors?
    2)I know dry steering is frowned upon and causes wear and tear etc, but anyways if i dry steer the initial right hand lock stationary will this be a minor only?
  2. Third and final question, the company i am doing the course with has reverse cameras for when the final approach i can see the yellow marking on the ground clear. So if i were to use my DJI Drone and have a aerial view and have the screen mounted in the cab for just the reversing exercise would this be allowed? The drone i have can stay stationary in the air for 20min and i can land it when i have done the exercise.

Please answer many thanks …me

1. there’s no need to go too far to the left. You’ll find it a lot harder manoeuvring sharp turns than gradual.

2. there’s no need to dry steer if you’ve been trained correctly.

3. how on earth would you retrieve the drone? Again, if you have been trained correctly you don’t need cameras of any sort. Personally that would be a fail for cheating

Nb. Has your trainer taught you anything?
If you pass, IF… then how will you be in the real world?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

You want to use a drone, for the reversing excercise?

Is it class 2 or class 1?

Are the idiots allowed back in then?

Wheel Nut:
Are the idiots allowed back in then?

Seemingly so…and I thought I was the village idiot but it always happens I find someone that is more eligible for the award!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

TruckDriverBen:

1. Will i fail my test, if i go over to the left to much at the start of the test, making the examiner not see daylight between cone A and b? Or can i just reverse back and line it up again without any minors/majors?
    2)I know dry steering is frowned upon and causes wear and tear etc, but anyways if i dry steer the initial right hand lock stationary will this be a minor only?
  2. Third and final question, the company i am doing the course with has reverse cameras for when the final approach i can see the yellow marking on the ground clear. So if i were to use my DJI Drone and have a aerial view and have the screen mounted in the cab for just the reversing exercise would this be allowed? The drone i have can stay stationary in the air for 20min and i can land it when i have done the exercise.

Please answer many thanks …me

I think you may have come across a stroke of genius with the drone idea. Not for the test granted, but with some of the drops I’ve had… it would have saved so much grey hair if I could have sent a drone on recce!

jbaz73:
I think you may have come across a stroke of genius with the drone idea. Not for the test granted, but with some of the drops I’ve had… it would have saved so much grey hair if I could have sent a drone on recce!

I LIKE that idea!