Class 1 easier than class 2?

hi there im thinking getting my class 1 licence ive been told they are easier to drive than a class 2 is this true cheers :smiley:

No.

No, if they were easier they’d be Class 2 and rigids would be Class 1. These people telling you this are stupid. Once you’re used to driving a Class 1, they’re easy though.

If i could be paid the same rate for driving a van as i do for class 1 i’d choose a van every time.

Agree, NO. Just from a reversing point of view they are much harder to get hang of, let alone the rest. But don’t let it put you off, it’s well worth doing and like has been said once your used to them its easy

I find them easier but its more what you’re used too.

SmItHy1982:
ive been told they are easier to drive than a class 2 is this true cheers

No. But they are no harder to drive either, just a bit different through the corners and you need to be a bit more pro-active when reversing.

Anyone who tells you that C+E is harder to drive than than Class C is a lying ■■■■■■■ who is trying to big themselves up to a ‘lowly class 2 driver’. The level of skill is exactly the same, it just requires a slightly expanded skill set.

i couldnt see how they could be myself, its obvious that more skill is needed as they are bigger and heavier

maybe i should get some experience then on class 2 before i tackle class 1 but the money aint the best and there seems be be alot more class 1 work about at the minute and its more money. You can drive a van around or 7.5 for the same money as class2 as well what to do â– â– ? :smiley:

The class 1 truck is slightly more involved to drive, but the jobs that you get are likely to be easier.More than likely will be tipped by fork lift less chance of it being a pump truck or horror of horrors hand-ball.

Can you just do a class1 without a class 2 first?

I thought you had to do a class2 first, before you could do a class 1.

SmItHy1982:
i couldnt see how they could be myself, its obvious that more skill is needed as they are bigger and heavier

It’s not more skill, just a different skill.

One driver has an 8x4 milk tanker, nudges 32-ton when loaded and runs down narrow lanes, manouvering in tight farm yards on any of the 365 days of the year come rain, hail, snow-storm, hurricane or bright sunshine. It is imperative that the work gets done.

Another driver has a 4x2 artic and tri-axle curtainsider delivering ping-pong balls for a big toy company on nights, his whole oufit rarely weighs more than 20 tons. He drives out of the factory and travels approximately a mile to the motorway junction and trundles down the M6 for about 2 hours before pulling into the warehouse which is just off the motorway, unloads and runs back empty along the same route. He does this 5 nights a week, and doesn’t work weekends or bank holidays. When the weather gets ‘interesting’ his run is always cancelled as the ping-pong balls are not considered a crucial delivery.

Which one requires the highest level of skill? :unamused:

i already have my class 2

I drove a C2 for the first time in ages yesterday - made a right arse of it.

C1 all the way!

if you put it like that i suppose its swings and roundabouts :slight_smile:

alamcculloch:
The class 1 truck is slightly more involved to drive, but the jobs that you get are likely to be easier.More than likely will be tipped by fork lift less chance of it being a pump truck or horror of horrors hand-ball.

Also class 1=bigger belly than class 2 :blush:
And i find class 1 work more boring than class2 work

they are not easier but i will say i adapted from class 2 to 1 just from the fact your used to driving larger vehicles

so do you all think i should drive class 2 for 12 months then go in for class 1 or just get the class 1

SmItHy1982:
so do you all think i should drive class 2 for 12 months then go in for class 1 or just get the class 1

If you’re got the money then just get your Class 1, where is the advantage in hanging off? :confused:

Gogan:

SmItHy1982:
ive been told they are easier to drive than a class 2 is this true cheers

No. But they are no harder to drive either, just a bit different through the corners and you need to be a bit more pro-active when reversing.

Anyone who tells you that C+E is harder to drive than than Class C is a lying [zb] who is trying to big themselves up to a ‘lowly class 2 driver’. The level of skill is exactly the same, it just requires a slightly expanded skill set.

I would agree about difficulty level, i had 13 hrs driving lessons to pass class 2 and 3hours for class1.