Class 1 easier than class 2?

SmItHy1982:
so do you all think i should drive class 2 for 12 months then go in for class 1 or just get the class 1

I would say go for it now after 12 months of driving you wont have the money to do it then :wink:

might have a better chance of getting a job as well since theres more of it about :smiley:

get ur class 1 asap that way if you dont use it you still are gaining “experiance” while you have it or so most employers think :open_mouth:

trying to reverse your car out of the car park at the end of the shift is probably the hardest part of driving an artic.
Those thats done it will know what I mean

peirre:
trying to reverse your car out of the car park at the end of the shift is probably the hardest part of driving an artic.
Those thats done it will know what I mean

o yea or when u turn that first corner in a car :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sounds like the best thing to do is book the class 1 very shortly while i wait for an agency or a job to come along thanks for the info :smiley:

And i find class 1 work more boring than class2 work

Same I got bored with doing our artic work.

At least with a CE licence you will have the choice :wink:

Class 1 is easier except for the reversing! :stuck_out_tongue:

dessy:
Class 1 is easier except for the reversing! :stuck_out_tongue:

The reversing is only hard when you have an audience, never goes wrong when you are on your own. Most of the time.

SmItHy1982:
sounds like the best thing to do is book the class 1 very shortly while i wait for an agency or a job to come along thanks for the info :smiley:

Yes. If you’ve got the money, get it done right away.

class 1 are bigger thus need more room they are heavier so take more stopping,you have traction to think about,jackknifing, lots of different types of trailer,you will probably be a lot higher so will be more prone to the affects of wind,more bridges you can niether cross nor go under and then theres reversing, oh and you ■■■■ up and go somewhere you shouldnt ......youre now in a whole world of pain.
the milk collecting tanker driver on a 32 tonne 8 wheeler may well have it a bit tougher than the class one trunker carrying air,but you may end up doing the same farms with a full load of feed or golf courses in the middle of nowhere with a moffet on the back…inner city building sites…in short,if on general haulage you will be expected to go to all the same places as a rigid.

when i was on class 2 then trained up to class1 i could not believe how much easier it was to drive artics, easier to spin round, less awkward drops no multi dropping round london centre anymore less shunting round corners with a crap steering lock.

its a doodle, :laughing:

second monday on the job…8 drops london with a pig on

SmItHy1982:
hi there im thinking getting my class 1 licence ive been told they are easier to drive than a class 2 is this true cheers :smiley:

Its like with Computer
For the one is it easy and the other never learn it.

Lovlyperson:

SmItHy1982:
hi there im thinking getting my class 1 licence ive been told they are easier to drive than a class 2 is this true cheers :smiley:

Its like with Computer
For the one is it easy and the other never learn it.

Same with learning another language :slight_smile:

jessicas dad:
when i was on class 2 then trained up to class1 i could not believe how much easier it was to drive artics, easier to spin round, less awkward drops no multi dropping round london centre anymore less shunting round corners with a crap steering lock.

Really? I’ve done multi-drop around London in an artic, as will have many others.

Also, done things such as Asda’s which can be silly tight, some even have turntables because there’s NO room to manouver in the yard, these usually have no room outside the yard either and are gits to get into and out of.

Personally, I drive an artic on containers and call the lads on rigid’s doing containers ‘easy life’, some of the places we’re expected to go you’d think twice about taking a car, that’s not even an exageration. Whoever thinks you don’t go as difficult places is living in dream land.

I like an artic though, got the option to drop the trailer at some jobs and take unit to get food, or when running out of hours, a rigid, you’re usually stuck there till they’re finished. I don’t leave my trailer often, but it’s nice to know of the option.

Also, it just feels better. And with the load being seperate, if certainly feels better going round corners and the stuff doesn’t fall over as often due to the different way it goes round corners / roundabouts etc, so on multi drop, you’re not often picking stuff up compared to a rigid where every bump and corner you feel stuff move (awaits flaming about use of straps etc).

I did a ‘test’ a few years back, put my mate in the back of a rigid, drove around a little route, asked him how bad it was, he showed bruises, did same in an artic, he said he could’ve sat on a chair through the full journey. Now, translate that into goods, especially liquids such as drums or ibc’s or even a tanker, and that’s probably why people say easier to drive.

Also, you can jacknife an artic round where a rigid wouldn’t u-turn, but it still requires a certain space which would allow a rigid to manouver round, but if you get it wrong in an artic, you’ve gotta get back out because you won’t have the space to manouver.

waynedl:

jessicas dad:

Really? I’ve done multi-drop around London in an artic, as will have many others.

Also, done things such as Asda’s which can be silly tight, some even have turntables because there’s NO room to manouver in the yard, these usually have no room outside the yard either and are gits to get into and out of.

Personally, I drive an artic on containers and call the lads on rigid’s doing containers ‘easy life’, some of the places we’re expected to go you’d think twice about taking a car, that’s not even an exageration. Whoever thinks you don’t go as difficult places is living in dream land.

I like an artic though, got the option to drop the trailer at some jobs and take unit to get food, or when running out of hours, a rigid, you’re usually stuck there till they’re finished. I don’t leave my trailer often, but it’s nice to know of the option.

Also, it just feels better. And with the load being seperate, if certainly feels better going round corners and the stuff doesn’t fall over as often due to the different way it goes round corners / roundabouts etc, so on multi drop, you’re not often picking stuff up compared to a rigid where every bump and corner you feel stuff move (awaits flaming about use of straps etc).

I did a ‘test’ a few years back, put my mate in the back of a rigid, drove around a little route, asked him how bad it was, he showed bruises, did same in an artic, he said he could’ve sat on a chair through the full journey. Now, translate that into goods, especially liquids such as drums or ibc’s or even a tanker, and that’s probably why people say easier to drive.

Also, you can jacknife an artic round where a rigid wouldn’t u-turn, but it still requires a certain space which would allow a rigid to manouver round, but if you get it wrong in an artic, you’ve gotta get back out because you won’t have the space to manouver.

ive done multi dropping round london with an artic but my point was which i didnt make clear, was that when i first went onto artics at longs of leeds the rigids did the tight stuff in london and the artics did the big stuff, so coming of the the tight city centre stuff in the rigid onto artics i found a doodle.

and then there`s the time when you check your paperwork and find the words “no artics” wrote across the bottom :smiling_imp: “just see how you go” is the reply .

commonrail:
and then there`s the time when you check your paperwork and find the words “no artics” wrote across the bottom :smiling_imp: “just see how you go” is the reply .

or 7 1/2 only, tail lift required. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: