Class 1 Birmingham

If any of you lads are interested euro car parts in Tamworth are so desperate for drivers they are not even doing assessments in Tamworth now. So you can get paid to practice.

£20/hour through agency for Friday and Sunday nights. £14/hour other nights. Agency is extra drivers in Tamworth, no Saturday work and you can pick your shifts.

It’s probably terrible but it’s a start for someone in brum with a class 1. They might have class 2 as well so worth asking.

No driver too bad or inexperienced. They simply are desperate for people to turn up and turn a steering wheel.

Cheers Sam, could be just what I am looking for. Have you done the job? What sort of drops? How many? Curtainsider? I’m on hol next week, I may give them a bell week after. I don’t mind travelling 20 miles for 20 quid an hour. If I do go for it, I will make sure you get your referral bonus :wink:

jbaz73:
Cheers Sam, could be just what I am looking for. Have you done the job? What sort of drops? How many? Curtainsider? I’m on hol next week, I may give them a bell week after. I don’t mind travelling 20 miles for 20 quid an hour. If I do go for it, I will make sure you get your referral bonus :wink:

First shift in 45 mins. Will happily answer questions after mate.

Anything specific shoot me a pm and I’ll ask

I thought Euro car parts was a decent number…

All of the EE’s have gone home for the Summer and word on the street is that a lot of them won’t be coming back. My agency are absolutely desperate for bums on seats, I’ve been offered £150 bonus on top of hourly pay for Saturday day shifts.

Harry Monk:
All of the EE’s have gone home for the Summer and word on the street is that a lot of them won’t be coming back. My agency are absolutely desperate for bums on seats, I’ve been offered £150 bonus on top of hourly pay for Saturday day shifts.

That’s because agencies agree as part of a contract to supply X amount of drivers so when they start to struggle to achieve said number they start to offer all sorts of “incentive payments” to get drivers…it’s cheaper than the fine they get for failing to adhere to the contract agreements.
Win/Win for drivers though :laughing:

Right - for various reasons I have been busy (and it’s not because I got lost on that shift or was nighted out before the comedians start). Here is a bit of info for anyone interested.

In my inexperienced opinions - it’s a top top place to work. Really nice people. Really laid back. You are treated like an adult and amazingly the transport office staff were more interested in helping and making things run smoothly than talking down to anyone. It’s tough for me to say this… But I can’t think of anything to knock them about.

The kit is decent. All 65 plate or newer from what I could see. Mainly Scania but a springle of more premium brands like Renault and Volvo which I prefer. Trailers are okay - have a mix of tri and twin axle. Didn’t see anything that looked too abused.

I’ll jump in right now and say I have zero interest in any referral bonuses. I think only one or two people on here could know my real name anyway. I was passing on what I thought was a top rate to others is all. I don’t like the idea of paying people to recruit their friends etc… And I want no part in it. If I need money to tell someone to do a job - I won’t be telling them to do it.

Back to the questions jbaz asked:

Sort of drops - delivering to their stores. Can be long distance or more local. If you want long hours and big money they will give you that. If you want nights out they will give it to you. If you want in and out in 8 hours they can do that as well. One thing is - you are working at night and you are opening the stores and delivering from a taillift. However they all have big goods in entrances… So if your reversing was better than mine you’d not be pulling anything very far.

All box trailers from what I saw. Some double deckers so they will have trunking. Also their drivers can volenteer to be shunters if they want. So if you want to break up the monotony of the same you can mix it up.

2/3 drops per night. Never more than 4 apparently and that would be very very rare.

Note the 20 quid is for Ltd - PAYE is 16.50.

There were some big benefits to the job that I’m not willing to say on here. Nothing dodgy - it’s just that certain people make the job attractive, and if that got out their boss might decide to change it. I think it’s better covered in PM. But I will say that it’s one of the best places I’ve been for a shift - and is the only place where everyone was chatty and friendly and seemed to not mind being at work.

sammym:
They might have class 2 as well so worth asking.

Cant speak for the angency work, but I see class 2, and wagon and drag euro car parts heading north around 9pm top of the toll road