Clarkson

One hundred grand for a fat lip. What a con trick. :frowning:

Peanuts. Try £4.2 million for a broken wrist…

Not gonna lie, I liked Top Gear but getting a bit sick of his smug face on those Amazon adverts.

Part of me thinks the ship has sailed and I reckon the new Amazon series will bomb. The massive budget is just going to see them get carried away with the theatrics & stages jokes, thus taking it even further away from the proper motoring show it’s actually meant to be.

Is funny when you think it happened during that last show when they were racing across country to the hotel in 4X4s .

Clarkson got stuck in the river and lamped matey when he had no hot food waiting .

I think 100K is probably fair as matey got on receiving end of a hate campaign and effectively lost his job .

Only problem is that BBC paid some part of this cost , when Clarkson alone was at fault and is plenty rich enough to pay the full cost .

rob22888:
Not gonna lie, I liked Top Gear but getting a bit sick of his smug face on those Amazon adverts.

Part of me thinks the ship has sailed and I reckon the new Amazon series will bomb. The massive budget is just going to see them get carried away with the theatrics & stages jokes, thus taking it even further away from the proper motoring show it’s actually meant to be.

I reckon Evan’s Top Gear has more chance of bombing than a proven format like Clarkson and his 2 mates.
I would gladly let him lamp me if I was getting 100 grand for it btw :smiley:

Not excusing Clarkson for lamping someone at work, however…

The whole thing was blown out of all proportion, I mean taking yourself to A&E for a split lip ffs! Man up, and sort it out at the time, few fisticuffs followed by a pint and a laugh about it. I can’t help thinking that producer just saw a meal ticket, but probably regrets it now. Clarkson I’m sure regrets it too, but hey ho life goes on.

boredwivdrivin:
Is funny when you think it happened during that last show when they were racing across country to the hotel in 4X4s .

Clarkson got stuck in the river and lamped matey when he had no hot food waiting .

I think 100K is probably fair as matey got on receiving end of a hate campaign and effectively lost his job .

Only problem is that BBC paid some part of this cost , when Clarkson alone was at fault and is plenty rich enough to pay the full cost .

Not lost his job, has a big promotion and special contract, plus the hundred grand! He’s now a development executive

rob22888:

I think a lot of it’s mass appeal was the fact that it wasn’t a car show, although for me I think it had run it’s course, I think that format had run for about 15 years and it all seemed to be a re-hash of stuff they’d done. Maybe at amazon they’ll have more free rein to do some different stuff, so might be worth watching.

The Chris Evans Top Gear will probably be more a car show, but with a far better budget than the old Noel Edmunds, etc Top Gear ever had, because of that it will lose a large part of the audience, but might get some of those who have an interest in cars and weren’t really interested in Clarkson and Co’s antics, and might actually show the BBC audience there’s more about Motor Sport than F1.

I bet deep down Clarkson wishes he’d a hit him harder.

ajt:
I bet deep down Clarkson wishes he’d a hit him harder.

Yeah, I’d have wanted more for 100 grand.

Top gear wasnt a motoring show, it was sunday night entertainment with a motoring theme. Hence why it was so popular with the masses.

The new bbc top gear, wont be as popular.

What the **** has happened to Top Gear? Put it on the other night, where’s Jezza and the boys? That ginger **** of the radio was doing some kind of naff competition with a load of old folks. I thought someone had changed the channel and I was watching an old episode of “The Last of the Summer Wine”. Mind you it would have been more exciting if Barry had got out the Maestro (or whatever car he had) and gone shopping. Even watching Thora Hird polishing her cutlery would have been better. What a bunch of *****, what’s the matter with the BBC, don’t they want my licence money? And some poncified american, what’s wrong with calling yourself Matthew White?

The bbc are putting there money into the on going brexit remain brainwash campaign

Eric Rambler:
What the **** has happened to Top Gear? Put it on the other night, where’s Jezza and the boys? That ginger **** of the radio was doing some kind of naff competition with a load of old folks. I thought someone had changed the channel and I was watching an old episode of “The Last of the Summer Wine”. Mind you it would have been more exciting if Barry had got out the Maestro (or whatever car he had) and gone shopping. Even watching Thora Hird polishing her cutlery would have been better. What a bunch of *****, what’s the matter with the BBC, don’t they want my licence money? And some poncified american, what’s wrong with calling yourself Matthew White?

Quite agree with your comments, but remember the BBC doesn’t give a **** about what we viewers think of their programmes, because they get the licence fee anyway, under threat of fines and jail if we don’t pay.

shreck:
The bbc are putting there money into the on going brexit remain brainwash campaign

i totaly agree with my self and could not have put it better

Buckstones:
they get the licence fee anyway, under threat of fines and jail if we don’t pay.

They’ve been threatening me with fines and court action for the last 7 years. They still aint getting any money and all the threatening letters get filed in the bin.
Like everythnig else in life, if the masses stand up together they can make a difference. If EVERYONE boycotted ,say, BP and didnt buy petrol from them then BP would pressure/tell the government to lower the fuel tax duty (or whatever its called that makes it high priced) and when that happened, all other companies would lower their price as well. Same with MSA’s. Rather than whinge it costs £2 for chocolate and £6 for coffee DONT BUY IT. If people stop paying it, they will stop ripping them off but as long as people keep bending over they will keep shafting us. I buy my music downloads online for 12c per song or $1.20 per album. Thats SIXTY PENCE for a whole music album. I refuse to use itunes as they still want shop prices. How do they justify charging £15 or £20 for an album when other sites can charge 60p? Easy. Because they can. Because sheep will continue to pay it. If they didnt, the price would soon fall
The license fee is the same. If everyone said “ut uh, no way. Not paying it” then they would need to take notice, and at least lower the price

shreck:

BBC = britains brainwashed ■■■■■ :grimacing: the lefty papers are just as bad. :laughing: still grim up north = We’re all racist up here you know :sunglasses:

shreck:
i totaly agree with my self

I tend to agree with myself most of the time too, not always, but most of the time :laughing:

I don’t know, it’s just history repeating itself. I tuned in one day to listen to Wogan’s gentle banter only to find that ginger **** askin’ some spoilt little ■■■■ what he’d done for the first time that day. I don’t ****** care what he’d done for the first time that day, nor does anybody else, except perhaps his parents, and even them only if they’re *****. Well I won’t be paying my licence fee again.

Fatboy slimslow:

shreck:

BBC = britains brainwashed [zb] :grimacing: the lefty papers are just as bad. :laughing: still grim up north = We’re all racist up here you know :sunglasses:

They said the south was racist ,but we now like the north. a little bit any way