City Transport

wonder if anyone can help looking for photo’s of this company, i used to work there in the 90’s but unfortunatly the ex has bunged all my picsa few years ago out of spite :cry: if you havent but know of a site or a link to some let us know…or even know of ex drivers there who might have pics.

ado tammy sorry mate no pics but i worked for city outta tamworth was ya a tramper or on the cadbury,s job :laughing:

was a tramper before they opened the offices at tamworth, left in 1996 not long before they got the cadburys contract, but did some agency work whilst they had the contract.
worked with, daz n derek gilbert, arthur broad, john wayne, mick smith, steve tyso, and others mainly on ccsb and heinz.

dave

yeah when i was there daz was a planner with bill and jim on nights john steve and mick were still drivers :laughing:

I remember them as Stag Tankers :confused:

Wheel Nut:
I remember them as Stag Tankers :confused:

Now your just showing your age :laughing:

From Stag Tankers to City Trucks to City Transport To Jail :smiley:

According to CM this week, all the directors are going down :exclamation:

Driven by our customers into bankruptcy

lemonmouth:

Wheel Nut:

Did CM mention the ‘Infamous’ Mr Gee? I thought He’d moved away to Brazil or was it his sisters place in Cleethorpes :laughing:

The infamous Mr Gee is in Miami Florida USA broke and trying to get someone to give him a job as a gardener check it out in the internet “David Gee the great British Gardener” what a joke.

Place I was at In 95 git 2 ex city transport units J6 GEE And J554TRO which I ended up with not bad motors got some pics somewhere il dig em out and post em

I worked for city transport under the name of city express as a van boy on the piano removals,so did my brother dave. He went on to drive there scania 92 artics ,i got made redundant when the pianos finished.

anyone got anymore city transport pics.my first truck there was a p reg merc actros it was unusual as it were the only one in city colours the others were in the red coca cola livery

My old man worked for City Freight as it was then back in 1989, out of Bilton Road, Bletchley. They had 12 Trucks at the time, IIRC his first one was E333 ARO, a 92M Scania Tractor Unit. Not long after that they moved to Northfield, Milton Keynes and becamse City Transport, and got some G plated Scania 113 320 R Cabs. Sad individual i am remebering all this… :laughing: (I can even tell you the Registration number’s)

I seem to recall they had a depot in Stockport for a while, where they had a handful of P cabbed 113’s running from. They had 2 Green 113’s in the Livery of Whitbread, that some guy’s up in Tamworth had, then they started getting some done in Yellow(CCSB), and then Red(Coke)

As for the trailers, Carr Bros have a couple in City’s Colours still, as do/did Owens of Llanelli.

Wheel Nut:

Did CM mention the ‘Infamous’ Mr Gee? I thought He’d moved away to Brazil or was it his sisters place in Cleethorpes :laughing:

Hi,
I used to work for city transport as a driver first then a spell in the office with (cunstable) enough said about that bloke lol. there was some real good characters on there from milton keynes and manchester.pity they got so big that they broke themself in the end . wonder what ever happend to the likes of david gee and collin forgot his second name.He was fantastic at getting blokes to do things they did not want to do now he had man magament skills.then you had blacky in the garage that could tell you what was wrong with a scaine just by looking at it lol. as i said was they good old days lol
Ian

Saw a trailor of these on the M1 in Sheffield the other week being pulled by some old Jesse Duke lookalike in a beat up old ERF.

yep ni was there as well left about 12 months before they went belly up but was based at appleton thorn and before that at hays in trafford park

opppps this is ALIX776 by the way :blush: :blush: :blush:

They should get the book thrown at em, alot of good firms went down with them, and not only the 1s they had swollowed up. A good friend of mine, Graham Wilkinson had to wind up his fleet after not being paid up by City’s. He now drives a forklift a living.

when i was shuntin we loaded trailers for smith of whiteinch who had about half a dozen city trucks trailers but think they went belly up or got bought out start of this year!!!

cockney:
Hi,
I used to work for city transport as a driver first then a spell in the office with (cunstable) enough said about that bloke lol. there was some real good characters on there from milton keynes and manchester.pity they got so big that they broke themself in the end . wonder what ever happend to the likes of david gee and collin forgot his second name.He was fantastic at getting blokes to do things they did not want to do now he had man magament skills.then you had blacky in the garage that could tell you what was wrong with a scaine just by looking at it lol. as i said was they good old days lol
Ian

I think Colin in the office was Colin Rust ?

Blacky was working at Derek Jones in Milton Keynes last time I saw him !