City Transport

a Freind of mine and a fellow driver/ABBEYROADTANKS worked for city tpt driving one of there tankers on edible oil work from pura,poplar.name of TED DUNSTON ALSO CHRIS FOX AND BRUMMIE BILL DERRY.any of these names ring a bell?

haulmaster:
a Freind of mine and a fellow driver/ABBEYROADTANKS worked for city tpt driving one of there tankers on edible oil work from pura,poplar.name of TED DUNSTON ALSO CHRIS FOX AND BRUMMIE BILL DERRY.any of these names ring a bell?

I should know your mate Ted. I was on for Woodbrow and them Stag / City men hated us, and called us carrot crunchers :stuck_out_tongue:

It wasnt long before they were ringing us for work to get them back down to see Janice and Bob in Pura at Orchard Place

blimey i used to work for city out of tamworth on the cadburys contract!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

carl are you still in touch with fireman sam last time i spoke to him he was on jenkinsons but ive lost touch with him about 2 years ago

also im sure i saw gopher from manchester depot at ak worthingtons one day havent been able to find out if hes still there though

alixx ive not seem him for ages mate.steve tyso is running a tipper firm or was,jim off nights who worked in the office was at a car transporter firm in hams hall

drop me line if you bump in to him

Colin Rust is working in Northwich for Seafield/Ken Thomas now.

i know nigel from the desk at winsford went on to work for norberts on powder but that the last i heard

alix776:
i know nigel from the desk at winsford went on to work for norberts on powder but that the last i heard

Saw a Norberts blokey at Thurrock a few years ago, he reckoned Nigel had gone to Canada

cockney:
Hi,
I used to work for city transport as a driver first then a spell in the office with (cunstable) enough said about that bloke lol. there was some real good characters on there from milton keynes and manchester.pity they got so big that they broke themself in the end . wonder what ever happend to the likes of david gee and collin forgot his second name.He was fantastic at getting blokes to do things they did not want to do now he had man magament skills.then you had blacky in the garage that could tell you what was wrong with a scaine just by looking at it lol. as i said was they good old days lol
Ian

Colin Rust was his name, Blackie was one of the best Scania fitters you could come across, he rebuilt a 140 engine at Taylors of Lichfield (SEH 144N) and it was better than new, big blower on it, used to whistle as soon as you got your foot into it, with a high speed diff, used to fly. Marshy.

cockney:
Hi,
I used to work for city transport as a driver first then a spell in the office with (cunstable) enough said about that bloke lol. there was some real good characters on there from milton keynes and manchester.pity they got so big that they broke themself in the end . wonder what ever happend to the likes of david gee and collin forgot his second name.He was fantastic at getting blokes to do things they did not want to do now he had man magament skills.then you had blacky in the garage that could tell you what was wrong with a scaine just by looking at it lol. as i said was they good old days lol
Ian

COLIN RUSS VERY CLEAVER TRANSPORT MANAGER WAS AT TAYLORS OF LITCHFIELD 2 LORRIES SAME REG ONE KEPT UP NORTH ONE SOUTH ONLY ONE ROAD TAX TO PAY

cockney:
COLIN RUSS VERY CLEAVER TRANSPORT MANAGER WAS AT TAYLORS OF LITCHFIELD 2 LORRIES SAME REG ONE KEPT UP NORTH ONE SOUTH ONLY ONE ROAD TAX TO PAY

That sounds quite mild for Taylors :laughing: Guy near me called Franny worked for them, used to park with him in Derby cattlemarket

Does anyone else remember Fleet from Ribchester who were also around about this time :wink:

Marshy:

cockney:
Hi,
Ian

Colin Rust was his name, Blackie was one of the best Scania fitters you could come across, he rebuilt a 140 engine at Taylors of Lichfield (SEH 144N) and it was better than new, big blower on it, used to whistle as soon as you got your foot into it, with a high speed diff, used to fly. Marshy.

you still decorating marshy??

Who remembers the Coca Cola Schweppes liveried Scania R113 ‘J555 SCH’ :sunglasses: