Christmas tips / bonus?

Anybody get any nice suprises from their customers or employers this year■■?

Myself and a few other drivers discovered we were being paid unfairly in role as task managers when we run in convoys. The greivence was put forward to senior managers where it was decided where we should be paid, and also back dated till march last year. £1001.00 on top of my monthly wage. Also a very fine and selective hamper :laughing:

Just to add the £1001.00 is not a bonus but money I have missed out on the most part of the year, but hey I’m treating like one.

a christmas card…from the boss and his wife…the boss has never spoke to me and ive never even seen his wife…we havent had a pay rise for 5 years and will be lucky to be in a job after june!!!

2 bottles of wine and a tin of Roses was the bonus…the surprise was, as I’m working Christmas Eve and was hoping to be on the road by 4 and back around 11ish, that it looks like I won’t be away till about 7pm’ish, which means I’ll be returning to my depot at about 3am Xmas Day. I’ll be the only truck in Warwick svcs sb :cry:

I’m feeling your pain Actrosman! :frowning:

hgvhgv:
Anybody get any nice suprises from their customers or employers this year■■?

Not really a suprise, just arrived at a drop to be told they cant tip till monday… Good times. Perharps i should get my boss to call then watch them run for cover.

Yay 5 days off but back in on Thursday for 5 shifts including new years Eve until 10pm.
Nice notice from the boss thanking us for our input through the year and during xmas, wishing us a happy xmas
Crocodile tears,he won’t be in over xmas and new year like most of his drivers who won’t see their families! ■■■■ :imp:

Got an 8kg Kelly Broze turkey and sent home at midday yesterday. Paid until 7th Jan but back on the 2nd for double bubble.

Can’t complain.

Xmas card, letter stating that the company has grown massively and we’re all getting new trucks in Jan (mine’s a 62 plate new actros anyway?) and an invite to the xmas do but nowt about a payrise

Actrosman:
2 bottles of wine and a tin of Roses was the bonus…the surprise was, as I’m working Christmas Eve and was hoping to be on the road by 4 and back around 11ish, that it looks like I won’t be away till about 7pm’ish, which means I’ll be returning to my depot at about 3am Xmas Day. I’ll be the only truck in Warwick svcs sb :cry:

Unlikely mate

nice christmas card with a thank you for the work this year and £100 cash inside, thats good enough for me but then again i am easily please :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

200 sheets and a 850 pay bump next year. 1st bump since 2008

Got a nice company letter explaining how through our hard work the company had a great trading year with 1.80 billion turnover.

But still no wage rise for another year, no Christmas bonus, a card or even a cheap can of lager…and they expect us to be just as hardworking and dedicated company men next year?..hmmm.

But I am ‘so lucky to have a job’

B l o o d y shopkeepers.

Happy Humbug!

2 bottles of stella, can of strongberg, 2 bootles of wine, baguette from dando’s in high Littleton (there the best, stop if your passing) franke sinks Xmas pud and £150 bonus oh and I nearly forgot 4 mince pies :smiley: Then the normal off the regulars customers, £10/20 or a bottle of wine…

2.5% pay rise. Better than nowt…

Goldfinger:

Same here. Although the vote to accept wasn’t unanimous. Don’t know what the people who voted no were thinking.

£10 tip last week and a tin of heroes and a tin of biccies brought out wrapped on a pallet for me from a regular customer I collect from daily, This time of year makes me realise some people do give a crap about us! No talk of any sort of payrise though but we have got a free bar on New Year’s Eve at our do! Would rather a pay rise tbh lol

Same as last year and the previous 9 years. ■■■■ all :unamused: :unamused:

starfighter:

Goldfinger:

Same here. Although the vote to accept wasn’t unanimous. Don’t know what the people who voted no were thinking.

Didn’t ‘vote’ on it here. Was just ‘given it’.

Really surprised we were going to get anything, usually if we were going to hear of owt, we would have heard two weeks ago.

Maybe it was because (as we were told by email the same day!), one of the bosses wives’ is having a rough time with the big C! :frowning:

Guess they had bigger things to think about at the time. :frowning:

Not a bonus as such but I’ve got about 4 hours work to do Sunday any time I feel like going in, then about 2 hours work Monday morning then finish

Getting paid 9 hours for each day, Sunday is double time

Nothing from any of my lorry jobs, but got £100 in last months pay from the railway work