Chris Evans

So we now have him Mon -Fri morn, but now Sun Eve. as well.
The new Terry Wogan?

No, we don’t.

I’ve all but given up on Al-Beeb the state broadcaster, we watch live television maybe three times a year, never the BBC, and BBC radio might as well not exist for the times i ever listen.

As for Evans and Top Gear, i’d sooner roast my testicles slowly on the barbecue than watch either, good luck to anyone who happens to like him or the once decent program in the dim and decent past that went under that title.

He is one of very few people who went to my school and has a collection of Ferrari’s!

I quite like Chris Evans, but top gear without Jeremy, Richard and James just won’t work IMO. Think Evans could be wasting his time with this one.

the bbc have signed the demise of top gear

Picking a ginger instead of a non white/gay.
God bless the BBC.Makes me feel proud to be British.

Judging by Friday nights TFI thing, I guess Plato is already signed up.

YAWN

Chris Evans plays some (to me at least) decent stuff on a morning, but I wish the ginger ■■■■ would keep his gob shut while it’s playing.
Fatty Feltz is also guilty of this.
Is it a BBC motormouth thing?

Yep…i’m sick of the sight and sound of him.he was on steve wright the other day saying he thought that his tv demise in the 90’s was down to over exposure…well hello!
In fact,i only listen for the travel,but have now got to the stage where i’d sooner sit in a traffic jam than listen to his jabbering for 3 hours.

Top Gear finished as a good laugh motoring programme as soon as it became obvious that J Clarkson was being worked out. I’m sure whatever the gang of three come up with on another channel will be a million times better than whatever the Beeb and Chris Evans can ever come up with.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Top gear went down the pan ages ago.
The final straw for me was the argentina special.the whole show was a staged load of ■■■■■■■■…just so they could do a send up of a scene from butch cassidy and the sundance kid.
Utter tripe.

davepenn54:
Top Gear finished as a good laugh motoring programme as soon as it became obvious that J Clarkson was being worked out. I’m sure whatever the gang of three come up with on another channel will be a million times better than whatever the Beeb and Chris Evans can ever come up with.

Regards
Dave Penn;

+1

I do like my music,sadly the ginger tom knows nothing at all about music,The only good thing left in the BBC is the wonderful gentle graceful Mr Bob “Whispering” Harris.Long me he reign.

I preferred Top Gear when it was actually a motoring programme, reviewing cars that the ordinary man in the street could buy.

Chris Goffey, Tony Mason and Tiff Needell on then. My favourite bit was the classic/used car section that Quentin Wilson used to do.

Should have signed Guy Martin, I would have watched it then, not that ■■■■ Evans.

evans will do well-because he will get the back story behind the cars . on his radio show interviews he does that ,makes interesting listening. he had michael flatley on recently,was interesting to hear them both talk honestly about their failures in life . smug clarkson knows theres no coming back now,i jus know he thought hed be let back in

Maybe that’s the reason Hammond pulled out of the radio2 500 lines book awards the other week,he knew evans had wormed his way into topgear,to be honest I think he believes he is better than he actually is and unless you can bid thousands for his children in need campaign he isn’t interested,just listen to the names of the kids that phone in for the,what are you doing today for the first time.his target audience is middle to upper class Southern England.

I think the only problem with Clarkson & Co moving to another channel and creating a new show will be budget. The BBC are a bottomless pit as far as that is concerned so could afford to be a little extravagant with the scripts.

The Clarkson Trio will produce the new show themselves, and syndicate it to one of those premium yank channels like Game of Thrones is on - I reckon.

The 3-Lad franchise is so lucractive, I reckon they’d rather finance themselves. They’re all millionaires already after all…
Don’t read anything into stories like Captain Slow flogging his fancy bike. He might have been doing that to upgrade to a better one anyway.

i really like chris evans, no idea if it’ll be any good,who knows? but i’ll give it a chance. although i always watched it, top gear was and is even more so now, being massively overrated, it had flashes of brilliance, but more primary school level comedy and blatant staged calamity took the shine off the good stuff.