Chippenham Pitstop

Been past it a few time so thought I should pop in there to have a look today
Had a drive round first to see if any places to park out side near it for free but nothing.

Went inside the cafe.
Ordered a bacon and egg bap to take out.
Though it was quite expensive until I saw the sign on the wall ‘full English’ £8.50.
I asked how much they charged for parking and she said 19 quid but you get a £5 meal voucher with that.
(Well there is no way I’m going to pay that anyway)

Anyway I got my sandwich and looked inside it and the egg was completely broken like if it had been done any more it would be a fried scrambled egg.
And it was cover in fat!
Proceeded with caution to the fire exit door and got out side in the car park to have another look.
And under the egg was to uncooked piece of bacon; like they had been cooked in the microwave.
I decided enough was enough and dumped it on the floor with its bag there and then.
But could not be bothered to stamp on it.
Got in my cab never to return again.
ow well nothing ventured nothing gained.

Time to get the old gas cooker out.
Self suffisent is the only way to go in this job you know.
I have only bought one meal this week; a KFC bargain bucket.
And I think that is going to have to be knocked on the head too!
Can’t remember the last time I paid for overnight parking.

Shame I’m a big fan of it and have nighted out several times lately there, I get reimbursed so money no problem but always found food to be decent standard and a good size too and good clean showers, I always park away from pumps and find it quiet and reasonably dark too which I like.

Mc Thakeray in disguise?

stayed there tuesday.
a touch expensive to us northeners :wink: but you get a five pound voucher when you pay £21.
better than most,with decent showers,parking and food.
check your bacon sandwich

Head up to Swindon truck stop if it’s still going. What you had Will be like eating at a Michelin star restaurant compared to what they serve up.

bald bloke:
Shame I’m a big fan of it and have nighted out several times lately there, I get reimbursed so money no problem but always found food to be decent standard and a good size too and good clean showers, I always park away from pumps and find it quiet and reasonably dark too which I like.

Ditto on everything you’ve said. The Staff are friendly, the little loud woman amuses me!
Commonrail, £5 voucher for food without shower - £19.50 :wink:

Some people are never happy.you will not get a space after 19.00 most nights so that says it all. :smiley: If you dont like it go elsewhere to you freindly layby instead of slagging it off.

Its a decent place and usually litter free till you arrived

Dave55:

bald bloke:

Ditto on everything you’ve said. The Staff are friendly, the little loud woman amuses me!
Commonrail, £5 voucher for food without shower - £19.50 :wink:

i had the shower as well for £21

spooky70:
Mc Thakeray in disguise?

Not a very good disguise :wink:

kr79:
Head up to Swindon truck stop if it’s still going. What you had Will be like eating at a Michelin star restaurant compared to what they serve up.

How Swindon Truckstop manages to stay open baffles me, I can only assume that some folk aren’t very discerning about what they eat.

Harry Monk:
How Swindon Truckstop manages to stay open baffles me, I can only assume that some folk aren’t very discerning about what they eat.

I think they work on the theory that there are X thousand lorry drivers in the country and if they get each one to visit once then they can make money. Surely once is enough for anyone?

Sorry to be pedantic, but the post is about having a bad egg day.
If the food was returned to the counter, I am sure they would have done a new bap.
I have never a problem with the food there, the staff are friendly.
On the subject of your egg, in the USA they have numerous ways to cook one, it comes down to a personal preference on how you like it done, the oil is used in the cooking process, so no surprise there then.
For the bacon drama, some like it cremated and crispy, some like it under cooked.
When ordering, did you specify your requirements ?
Bit tight to try and park for free out on the road and use their bog roll and water for free.
As others said,stick to the layby, which gives others more room to park and use the truckstop facilities to keep them in business so they don’t shut down.

Harry Monk:

kr79:

Last time I went in there ( fuel) it was packed out with East Europeans camped out either waiting to go into Honda or waiting for details after delivering to Honda all aparantly parked on account

thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/h … ef=mr&lp=3

Hope the police catch the people who did this, hope the damage is all fixed soon.

37114:
Raiders cause thousands of pounds worth of damage at Chippenham Pit Stop | The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald

Hope the police catch the people who did this, hope the damage is all fixed soon.

Shame it’s just been done up, it’s not cheap but it’s a tidy place.

bald bloke:
Shame it’s just been done up, it’s not cheap but it’s a tidy place.

Trouble is, that since the re-vamp you can buy an organic kumquat or a hand-crimped duck and venison pie but you can’t buy a 24v trailer brake light bulb.

One of the few decent placez around the country where I will stop.

And the first truckstop I used to stop I this country. Had a nice german girl behind the bar then… when the bar was the same as the food counter… :slight_smile: a few moons ago…

Truckstop:
While the new store’s fresh food and fruit

No wonder the truckers are avoiding the place :slight_smile:

Stopped at Swindon last week, didn’t think it was as bad as most people say, food was reasonable and for the price you could even say good.

Yeah the place is run down but under new hands now so maybe it could make a U-turn as they said there reopening the bar next year so that’s a start I suppose.

Only ever stopped at Chippenham for a few 45’s straight away I’d say looks better than Swindon and food wise the same but price could do with a few pounds being lost considering I had the same meal in both.