Chinese Sat Nav's on Ebay?

Anyone ever tried those sat navs on Ebay for £30-40 and seem to be for HGV. It’s a massive difference to the £200 for Tomtom etc. so want to know if anyone has bought them or tried them and can give valid first hand advise.

Thanks

Cheap probably send you the wong way… then you’ll look a real dumb[zb]… :grimacing:

Be handy if you need a curry

we have 4 of these cheap sat nave, whilst not the quickest, they have all been reliable in operation and have done the job, suppose all u want and at that price you don’t cry if stolen or dropped

i got one but paid £100 for it ,it had a phone number to call if you got any problems ,the guy is english and he tried to help when i called him its from ebay think it was juggingfrogs or similar and work well but i never had a snooper to compare it ,best of luck ,

I also have a cheap sat-nav,it works and I wont cry if it gets nicked.I have never had an expensive one but cant see what they would do differently.

I have one also £55 of ebay.7 months old and still going strong.Free map updates also.Use it in Europe to with no problems.

ive used snooper s3000 tomtom xl with the truck software on and a ebay cheapey.

the snooper and ebay cheapy as far as i can tell have the same maps on but the snooper is night and day in the software itself. it works quickly and effortlessly and is so much nicer to use than the cheapy which is slow and doesnt even have a function for putting in coordinates… which is fun for me when i have to find a spot out in the country with the same postcode for 6 square miles…

i love the snooper but for me the tomtom is the best. its just a better interface and the maps seem more accurate.

qwakers:
ive used snooper s3000 tomtom xl with the truck software on and a ebay cheapey.

the snooper and ebay cheapy as far as i can tell have the same maps on but the snooper is night and day in the software itself. it works quickly and effortlessly and is so much nicer to use than the cheapy which is slow and doesnt even have a function for putting in coordinates…

What make is the cheapy? I might be able to help you to find co-ordinates on it.

pronav pnn300.

and trust me, the function doesnt exist. :frowning:

I bought a £45 NozaTech a few months ago, works fine, but the loudspeaker is now so crackly it’s not worth listening to.
So that just means I don’t have to feel like I’m being told what to do all the time and I think it’s better for learning routes. Clouds and linings…

Not bad but sent me the wong way…

I didn’t own ,but did use a one of these cheap sat nav’s the routing wasn’t too bad, but it crashed a few times for no real reason, As for all the other stuff loaded on it i havn’t a clue if it worked or not
Thing about buying one off Ebay is that most if not all the sellers are not based in the uk, they just have a warehouse and shipping contracts with a 3rd party that appears to be based in glasgow

You notice the difference when your cheap satnav sends you up a mountain track in Bulgaria midwinter, when there’s a perfectly good motorway you could be using!

robf1234:
i got one but paid £100 for it ,it had a phone number to call if you got any problems ,the guy is english and he tried to help when i called him its from ebay think it was juggingfrogs or similar and work well but i never had a snooper to compare it ,best of luck ,

I have a nav from Mr jugglingfrogs. And I owned a Snooper S7000 for a long while.

Of the two, the cheap one is more feature packed. The Snoopers are very basic for what you pay out.

Routing wise i have found the cheaper nav to be pretty good. It’s not brilliant on postcodes - it doesn’t always land you just right. But if you research the destination on Google Maps and search on the map on the nav for where you want to go it’s great.

I’d give them a try. Mine has three different truck nav software packages on it. Lots of info on there as well as stuff like a calculator and games etc if that’s your thing.

Can’t fault it for the money in all honesty.

Thanks guys for all your input. There are so many Chinese models on Ebay can anyone recommend one from past experience

Have you looked at the one from Chris at trucktables

tamer13:
Thanks guys for all your input. There are so many Chinese models on Ebay can anyone recommend one from past experience

I bought mine from a guy called navibuzz in Glasgow. He sells the Nozatec model with a few extras thrown in too. Really good customer service from him as well.

Bacon Sandwich:

tamer13:

I bought mine from a guy called navibuzz in Glasgow. He sells the Nozatec model with a few extras thrown in too. Really good customer service from him as well.

+1.

qwakers:
pronav pnn300.

and trust me, the function doesnt exist. :frowning:

Pronavs aren’t a cheapy!