Chinese Sat Nav's on Ebay?

I brought one for 50 works fine all week bit slow on Monday mornings needs warming up lol

Harry Monk:

qwakers:
pronav pnn300.

and trust me, the function doesnt exist. :frowning:

Pronavs aren’t a cheapy!

if it looks like ■■■■ and smells like ■■■■ and you pay ■■■■ for it…

Avoid the one called Prodrive, just because they’ve printed a name on it it still a cheap Chinese piece of crap. Freezes all the time and the bloke that sells them from the Birmingham area has a real chip on his shoulder. Bag of crap!! AVOID lads.

do any of these cheap e bay sat navs give live traffic information
for example does it tell you that the motorway has been closed ,before you get to the queue to get off

I have used a Snooper 5000 for the past 3 yrs but have just bought one of the Noza Tec £45 ones off E-bay a month ago as a back up incase the Snooper packs in with it being a bit old now and I absolutely cannot fault it. It has done everything asked of it for my runs the past couple of weeks at a fraction of the price. The ONLY downside I can pick fault with is that there is no live traffic update information apart from that its a great piece of kit well worth the money.

akaday:
Avoid the one called Prodrive, just because they’ve printed a name on it it still a cheap Chinese piece of crap. Freezes all the time and the bloke that sells them from the Birmingham area has a real chip on his shoulder. Bag of crap!! AVOID lads.

I agree the bloke is a bit of a ■■■■.

But I’ve used the Pro Drive for a while (granted not everyday as I’m nowhere near a full time driver these days) and found it pretty ■■■■ good.

Half the gadgets in your life are made in China. Some are ■■■■■ but some are ok, I find.

I must say that the Snooper I had (cost well over £300) worked little, if any better than the £95.00 Pro Drive. It was a pain in the arse to use, and although routed well, most of the time, there is no way it could justify it’s price tag.

Ady Williams:
Have you looked at the one from Chris at trucktables

Have used one of Chris’s for just under a year now, its really good for the £60 (incl delivery). It has frozen a couple of times but a push of the reset sorts everything straight away. Its easy to use, clear map and directions and Chris is on hand (mobile and email) should you have any problems.
As said earlier in the thread, this one is not absolutely spot on with post codes but a look at the plot on google maps, and an easy adjustment on the nav map, puts you right outside the door.

Tazbug

Used my truck tables one for the first time today. Was a bit wary, as it was my first time in the new truck and also had a few jobs I’ve not been to before.
One in particular was a farm in the back end of nowhere, I followed the sat nav to the village and then tried to find it with mk11 eyeball. The sat nav kept telling me to go down this tiny track with a private road sign outside… Stupid thing…

I couldn’t find the farm after driving around for 10 minutes and had no internet signal so couldn’t google it. In the end, rang the number I had an asked for directions.

Turn left at the pub, then take a tiny track marked private road, we are on the right…

Sat nav had it bang on all along!

Cant fault it so far, although it did freeze when I got back to the yard, but reset it and it came straight back.

Four off us have Noza Tec sat navs and never had a problem with them mine was£29.99 of Ebay

ok my tom tom has packed up so want to buy a new truck sat nav
i know where i am going so that is not a problem , i do not need a sat nav for that
does anyone know a cheap sat nav that gives live traffic information
like if am at junction 1 on the M6 and there is an accident at junction 18
what sat nav will tell me how long i am likely to be delayed if i stay on the M6
i need to know so i can decide weather or not to re route with my own in the head diversion