Chief driver????

Hi would anybody tell me what a chief driver would be please?
Some bell at our depot told me he’s now a ‘chief driver’ and any help I need I can ask him?
There’s around 10-12 drivers at our place and none of know what he’s on about :slight_smile:

it means he has a longer tongue than you …and most probably swallows…

He’s on a wind up old chum.

But here’s a thought. Keep asking him lots of questions. Get your mates to ask some stupid ones too. After all, he’s “chief driver” :laughing:

After a couple of weeks of tapping his divine knowledge, I would wager he’ll have a sudden demotion…

It is the bloke who is so far up the owner’s arse, that even the transport manager can see him. :wink:

Have you ever seen an old man driving a 7.5t,wearing big white feathers on his head and a tomahawk on his passenger seat?

That’s a chief driver.

Crane-boy:
Hi would anybody tell me what a chief driver would be please?
Some bell at our depot told me he’s now a ‘chief driver’ and any help I need I can ask him?
There’s around 10-12 drivers at our place and none of know what he’s on about :slight_smile:

In essence he has either been self promoted to a position he feels worthy of his longstanding with the company or his boss has given him this title due to experience or constant moaning a pay increase may or may not have followed.

To be on the safe side let him have his say and do your own thing but be carefull what you tell him as his new position now puts him in my mind as a squealer and gaffers ■■■■■.

Oh and he will also be in the unfortunate position of embracing a massive ■■■■■■■■ when he ■■■■■ up.

Also known as foreman driver etc - I have been offered this in the past but refused it due to enjoying the crack with the other lads and I don’t want to be one of them as I’m happier being paid less but one of us.

These cheif drivers can also be found round the coffee machine imparting rumours to other drivers in the vain hope that it impresses someone, to me they aint worth ■■■■ but always worth staying on their good side due to their brown nosing nature.

[To be fair though I haven’t heard the phrase ‘cheif driver’ for quite some time but does make me raise a smile when my old cheif driver was only cheif driver as I refused it.]

Or sat on the floor in a circle sharing a pipe,and nodding.

Crane-boy:
Hi would anybody tell me what a chief driver would be please? :slight_smile:

Usually it’s the one who reeks of/talks zb:!::lol:

As he is chief and he has invited questions ask him.

F-reds:
He’s on a wind up old chum.

But here’s a thought. Keep asking him lots of questions. Get your mates to ask some stupid ones too. After all, he’s “chief driver” :laughing:

After a couple of weeks of tapping his divine knowledge, I would wager he’ll have a sudden demotion…

Absolutely This ^^

This was being introduced at my last firm the week I was doing my notice so never really took any notice of what was happening. Basically the senior (as it was called there but same thing ) Driver would have to stop back in the warehouse and make sure all loads were correctly loaded etc and then go out and do his run after the last wagon had left the yard. Then ring round everyone at end of the day to see how they were all getting on,and had to work every other sat morning to do other shi t all for an extra £20 a week. Thing is people go for this cos it’s makes them look important when really they’re just a ■■■ juggler. I’ve still got mates at this firm and know for a fact they’ll make things ‘difficult’ for the chief :slight_smile:

Edit

In fact I think it was an extra £20 a month which makes it even more pathetic

Maybe he’s cooking his hours :wink:

First question to ask have you been introduced to this Chief Driver… some would argue get on his good side, others would say listen to his BS and crack on with what your job is… any issues take it to his door.
You’ll soon work out if he’s got balls and plays fair… its the guy that thinks he knows it all and the best way of getting things done, when the ■■■■■ hits the fan he’s they person always ducking
But in fact he’s sold his soul to the management for a few more quid a week…

chief driver AKA…road boss ,road foreman…i worked for older type firms with road foreman, it saved going in and complaining in office ,let the RF deal with it. Ok if he played it fair ,not good if they were company men…Think “RED.” from Hell Drivers.

nick2008:

That’s the Chef Driver.

Contraflow:

nick2008:

That’s the Chef Driver.

and :blush:

I was on the phone reading it with out me glasses at the time so take me to court and do me :wink:

Contraflow:

nick2008:

That’s the Chef Driver.

No that’s the Agency Driver :wink:

Typical management strategy making themselves more important by adding layers of non jobs beneath them whilst throwing in a bit of divide and rule. And when there needs to be cut backs they’ve got the guy who’s surplus to demote.

nick2008:
do me :wink:

Contraflow:

nick2008:
do me :wink:

:grimacing: tart

A chief driver is someone who’s nose is covered in gaffer ■■■■…