Chep Blue Pallets

What are Chep Blue pallets?? I was looking at the Tay Group website out of curiosity and they were going on about these pallets like they were made of gold. Just as a matter of interest what are they like to work for?

Blue wooden pallets

chep pallets is one of the biggiest pallet companies and supplies most companies and if you don’t return them you as a company pay

the many are pulled on draw bar at 52 mph always passing them

A licence for GKN to print money,

pallet’s that are pooled and then hired out various companies. but give too much responsibillity for, to the haulier

‘Blues’ have become the standard requisite for the majority of RDC deliveries these days & many companies have found out, to their cost, that if they don’t keep a track of the pallets passing through their hands then they can end up with massive bills. Some years ago a local snack company received a 6-figure bill for ‘missing’ blues - since then they have been very strict on accounting for all GKNs in & out & woe betide any drivers that doesn’t get the necessary paperwork to cover the pallets issued/collected.

What are blue pallets? They are a pain in the harris. Thank god for PCV’s.

do they go for extra dosh at the numerous truckers cashpoints along the motorways?

MR VAIN:
Thank god for PCV’s.

what is a PCV?

pallet collection voucher’s

its a wee book of vouchers issued by chep to companys so that if they run out of pallets they can give the driver a pcv so that they can be collected at a later date, some companys owe us 1000’s of pallets on the pcv scheme.

Giblsa you can not sell these pallets. It would be stealing and because they are blue they know who they belong to, so Chep will take them back.

xjrv8:
Giblsa you can not sell these pallets. It would be stealing and because they are blue they know who they belong to, so Chep will take them back.

I don’t think there is a pallet yard in the UK that will accept them anyway :exclamation:

ROG:

xjrv8:

I don’t think there is a pallet yard in the UK that will accept them anyway :exclamation:

your goin to to the wrong places mate :wink:

One company whose name i cannot recall said that any driver who got a PCV instead of pallets if pallets were available would be sacked.

Blunder Man:
One company whose name i cannot recall said that any driver who got a PCV instead of pallets if pallets were available would be sacked.

thats a bit harsh - get the guy who does the paperwork to tick the ‘‘no pallets available’’ box instead of the ‘‘driver’s requst’’ box sure he wouldn’t mind.

ps ROG is right chep pallets are never sold/bought

Some years ago, the Ground Force crew used ‘blues’ to create a patio. The following week they apologised following a complaint from Chep.

Chep retain ‘ownership’ of all of their pallets. They merely ‘lease’ them to their users.

And, they will fine a user if, after an audit, they discover that they have in their possession/control, a greater number than they are authorised to hold.

So they are valued as highly as gold then …

cant you just paint em another colour :smiley:

bubsy06:
cant you just paint em another colour :smiley:

Whatever happened to selling a few pallets,i suppose thats died a death like everything else on this job?Blimey, not another HSE regulation!!

Cheps and notes :unamused:
Thank trucking hell we are one way every where now :laughing: