Chep Blue Pallets

paul@midway:
Cheps and notes :unamused:
Thank trucking hell we are one way every where now :laughing:

One way pallets seem to be the way to go, with a fair number of companies, nowadays, THANK THE LORDā€¦

A far easier way of dealing with the ā€œproblemā€ IMHO :open_mouth:

I met a ā€œGKNā€ geezer one night in a bar at a hotel next to the ā€œN.E.C.ā€, we were tipping there the next morning, he was there, for their annual SECURITY conference.

He said, that they had as much power as the ā€œVATā€, when it came to investigating missing blue pallets ect. :open_mouth:

The only problem, was he got more and more ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  on the company credit card, that he told me and my mate, the way to beat the system :open_mouth:

Bloody fatal, when your a ā€œjack the ladā€ 26 year old, so, after that episode, Me and my mate went on to make a fair bit of dosh out of the ā€œbluesā€ :smiley: :smiley:

The main money maker, was to supply firms who were short at the end of their ā€œcontractā€, its VERY expensive, if you cannot supply the correct amount back,thats where we came in, we supplied the difference, so easy :unamused:

And, if anybody came sniffing, we would just pull out our ā€œGKNā€ account book, which he forgot to retrieve off the bar, that fateful night, and, all would be hunky dory. :smiley:

Obviously, all good things SLOW down, more of a case, where firms got their acts together concerning the pallet control ect.

We got took over aswell, and, the HQ rottweilers came sniffing, you can only bull ā– ā– ā– ā–  so many times before they get nervous of all the ā€œbluesā€ stacked up in thier yard :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

We used to play ā€œStory of the bluesā€ by WAH, full blast over the warehouse music system, when the suits came around, that went right over their heads. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What a tune that is :sunglasses:

MR VAIN:
Thank god for PCVā€™s.

once way trips are better

bubsy06:
cant you just paint em another colour :smiley:

They do at goldbourne
you can get em in any colour you want there

bubsy06:
cant you just paint em another colour :smiley:

They do at goldbourne
you can get em in any colour you want there[/quote

do they do them in hi viz or with your name on so you can stick one in your window :smiley: :smiley:

i think you`d struggle to see out the screen mate

btw can you edit your post and stick the quote marks in on the quote

We had a real barsteward of a boss a few years ago who seemed fireproof whatever we tried. He came unstuck when an audit revealed a serious shortage of blues. His solution was to take an agency driver and a truck to the yard of a soft drinks company, where his missus worked, then tried to blag his way in to nick their blues! The guard was suspicious but let him in then called the law! :laughing: Matey boy or Bootnose as we knew him was promptly nicked and dubbed up for the night! :laughing: Having the bizzies involved meant it couldnā€™t be covered up and he got the tin tack! :laughing: Last I heard he was working as a forkieā€¦donā€™t know what happened to those missing bluesā€¦ :wink:

chep are owned by an oz company called Brambles CHEP= Comenwelth Handeling Equipment Pool (i think set up just after WW2)
i used to work for brambles industrial services or BIS they also used to own clearaway too
but a couple of years ago they sold BIS to an american company called Multiserv and then sold cleanaway

Brambles as a whole back then were a geat company if over the top on H&S

eg the UK MD had to be told of any accident with-in 4 hours of it happening even a paper cut to a finger at 3am !!!

Ive sold Blues before now, got Ā£11 for each one when I was only getting Ā£3-4 for each good clean Euro pallet. Never came across too many though.

bugcos:
Ive sold Blues before now, got Ā£11 for each one when I was only getting Ā£3-4 for each good clean Euro pallet. Never came across too many though.

where abouts :question: :question: :question: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Pallet yard near to west Pennine trucks in Stoke, about 9-10 years ago. What is a blue pallet worth?

Oficially?

Number of blues you see on bonfires around Nov 5th is surprising too

one thing i just dont understand, is why the chep pallets here in australia only have slots on 2 sides instead of 4, not very versatile really is it.

Just think - every blue pallet you see is being paid for by someone.

If, at the end of the year, you are short then Chep invoice you for the missing pallets (used to be Ā£10 each).

When i worked at Blakes of Alcester they were several thousand short, so they paid us 30p a pallet for every extra we bought back.

I used to know a pallet yard in manchester that used to buy chep he used hide them in between his whites. I found out that they could sell them to companys who had ā€˜mis placedā€™ there blues. Chep used to charge about Ā£15 a pallet for missing ones, so companys would rather pay pallet man Ā£5 for one and save a tenner than pay chep full whack.