Checking your lights

I saw a lorry the other day where the driver was checking his lights but the truck was going through the sequence on its own. (ie hazards then side lights then main then fog etc) Does anyone know what this gadget is called and where I can get one?

Thanks guys :smiley:

Built in on a Scania - don’t know if you can buy something like it or have retro fitted?

MAN has that system too.

Was it a scania…
Why do you want one…
Turn all lights on place heavy object on foot break walk round checking lights … cheaper by far

Was it a Scania■■? lol that’s on the key fob you press the button with a light symbol on and it goes through a sequence don’t know if any other truck manufacturer does this■■? :smiley:

You only get this on decent trucks, I had it on my V8 :slight_smile:

Yeah it was a Scania. :frowning: I was hoping it was some kind of little gadget you wired in.

nick2008:
Was it a scania…
Why do you want one…
Turn all lights on place heavy object on foot break walk round checking lights … cheaper by far

It’s cheaper to eat Lidl’s food, doesn’t mean I want to do it :wink:

10-08:
Yeah it was a Scania. :frowning: I was hoping it was some kind of little gadget you wired in.

I’m sure you could get one but it ain’t gonna be cheap.
Its also wired to the central locking with 2 door lock modes that will only unlock the drivers door unless you press it twice which will then unlock both doors also has a full alarm and a ferry alarm which is a little less sensitive and used as it says on ferrys

SOME Scania’s have it on the keyfob where you press it once and it lights everything up, press it a 2nd time and it goes through the sequence.

MAN / Some ERF’s have it on the dash where you press a button, it’ll say something like ‘light check’ on the dash, then you hold the main beam flash on the stalk for a second or 2 and it’ll start the sequence.

FarnboroughBoy11:

Had it on a MAN 7.5 tonner at our old place…

Roymondo:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Had it on a MAN 7.5 tonner at our old place…

Does it make it a decent truckâ– â– ? :wink:

tango boy:

Well I never thought it did - but maybe Farnborough Boy has a higher opinion of them than I did :grimacing:

Roymondo:

tango boy:

Well I never thought it did - but maybe Farnborough Boy has a higher opinion of them than I did :grimacing:

:sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Got it on my Daf too. There’s a button on the key

tango boy:
Was it a Scania■■? lol that’s on the key fob you press the button with a light symbol on and it goes through a sequence don’t know if any other truck manufacturer does this■■? :smiley:

Yup.

One of our agency customers has just put 16 G spec versions on the road, and the key fob does the lot.

Ken.

I didn’t repair my erf exhaust for a year and when I went down the road it sounded like a v8 if that makes it a better truck ■■?

MAN system doesn’t operate the reversing lights, but otherwise a useful tool.

The MP4 Actros has a similar system too.

And the MAN system does operate the reversing lights, at least on 2012 or older TGX.

nsmith1180:
The MP4 Actros has a similar system too.

And the MAN system does operate the reversing lights, at least on 2012 or older TGX.

Hmm, must be a fault on mine then, which i’m not going to worry about.