Cheaper motor insurance

As I understand it the insurers ‘load’ LGV drivers not because they are bad drivers but because they are out and about at silly O clock, which makes them more liable to be making a claim.

NEVER try to pull the wool over their eyes - in the evnt of a serious claim they will find you out and refuse to pay.

If you are young, then adding your mum (assuming her licence is clean) onto the policy as an extra driver can sometimes reduce the premium.

Santa:
As I understand it the insurers ‘load’ LGV drivers not because they are bad drivers but because they are out and about at silly O clock, which makes them more liable to be making a claim.

NEVER try to pull the wool over their eyes - in the evnt of a serious claim they will find you out and refuse to pay.

If you are young, then adding your mum (assuming her licence is clean) onto the policy as an extra driver can sometimes reduce the premium.

Not just if you’re young, I’m 35 and still get nearly £100 / year off my insurance by adding my mum, who lives over 100 miles away and is too scared to drive her own Citroen Xsara, never mind my Beemer 5 series estate

ive got a 2.0 tdci mondeo 56 reg, ive just paid £346 with churchill insurance thats fully comp, 3 points and a at fault bump.

insurance companys should not load your premium just because youre a lorry driver,they just come out with any old clap trap to try and get more cash from you. allways use a comparison site and you wont go far wrong

i have just renewed my insurance today with adelaide, direct line wanted £776 to renew my policy with them, adelaide have have charged me £579, happy days :sunglasses:

Harry Monk:

Silver_Surfer:
Totally ridiculous, a lot of them don’t like that you are a hgv driver even though you are basically bar police pursuit drivers the most experienced driver on the road. How does that work then.

Based on their past claims experience with HGV drivers. This could simply mean though that an HGV driver is more likely to have his car stolen than average.

There is a certain sink estate a few hundred yards from where I live, and at least one car got torched during last year’s riots - next to a tescos car park and all!

Insurers like to push up premiums after claims in your neighbourhood. It’s called “Red Lining” and in my mind totally criminal, but it obviously must still be going on if I struggle to get cheap premiums with downmarket cars and maxed out no claims all the time! :imp: :imp: :imp:

Silver_Surfer:
My recent renewal was £2100 for a £3k vectra with 11 years no claims, bit of naughtiness from just under 5 years a go though, come febuary the golden 5 years has lapsed and direct line will be a distant memory. Any taint and they don’t half try to put it up you.

Kin’ell. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
I only paid 600 for a 400HP Skyline GTR i used to have back in my silly days in 2005. Obviously it would be higher now though.
Now I drive an 03 plate 130 Passat estate TD and pay £360 fully comp with the mrs on it, I thought that was bad enough!

Driveroneuk:
I have a RoSPA Gold which is a higher standard than the IAM. Its not taken in to consideration.

Neither are my cycling proficiency or knot tying badge :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HTH :wink:

Santa:

What alode of ■■■■■ on their part then. Ive worked on the railway for 15 bloody years and im out and about at silly o’clock too. Im at no more risk than the next person IMO. There are thousands of jobs the same for odd hours. Its just an excuse to ■■■■■ more money outa ya :imp: :imp:
This is to compensate, young dumb and full of ■■■ teenagers that keep stacking their saxo’s and corsa’s into the bushes!! :imp:
It ■■■■■■ me off!

before the days of comparison sites one broker tried to load my premium coz my car was silver

Gembo:

Silver_Surfer:
My recent renewal was £2100 for a £3k vectra with 11 years no claims, bit of naughtiness from just under 5 years a go though, come febuary the golden 5 years has lapsed and direct line will be a distant memory. Any taint and they don’t half try to put it up you.

Kin’ell. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
I only paid 600 for a 400HP Skyline GTR i used to have back in my silly days in 2005. Obviously it would be higher now though.
Now I drive an 03 plate 130 Passat estate TD and pay £360 fully comp with the mrs on it, I thought that was bad enough!

The bit of naughtiness was “dangerous driving” though, couple of reds on a roundabout at 5am and a bit of crack on, nothing too excessive mind. Just a shame about the unmarked car behind me videoing it all…

Have been a bit lazy with it over the last 5 years as well, couldn’t be bothered getting a comparative quote until the 5 years were up but come Feb, i’ll be C.S.I. on them comparison web sites.

Still once bitten twice shy as they say, just make sure there’s no one about if you want to press on. Wouldn’t mind but I haven’t had an accident since passing my test 18 years ago.

If you look on line at a certain insurance company ( soz cant remember which 1 :blush: ) but if you park your car at work more than home they will take that into consideration

So if work is cheaper post code try that

I have high post code area have a Merc CLK 2 lit coupe 7 yrs no claims clean licence fully comp just over £500 if I was to add my mam then it would be double that :unamused:

1.Comparison websites. Even the ones with annoying songs. Use them.

2.Never renew without spending half an hour checking them out. If you save £50…where you gonna earn that money for half an hour sat on yer sofa?

3.Also, theres alot of folk who think 3 points doesnt matter…it does. $40 p/year for me, so I chose to do the speed awareness thing instead.

Have to say I do find this thread quite amusing. Trucknet is full of truck drivers constantly whinging and moaning about poor rates of pay. Then in this thread they are mentioning what they drive: Merc CLK, 5 series Beemers, 130bhp Passat, etc. Hmmm, not doing too bad then are we or you’d all be in a £500 diesel Fiesta.

There was an article in a newspaper. Daily Telegraph I think, that listed the professions and the differences it makes.

Things like the differences paid between a Delivery Driver and a HGV Driver, Warehouseman or Storeman. It made interesting reading.

Cheapest I have found so far is RSA Motobility insurance :blush:

Driveroneuk:
Have to say I do find this thread quite amusing. Trucknet is full of truck drivers constantly whinging and moaning about poor rates of pay. Then in this thread they are mentioning what they drive: Merc CLK, 5 series Beemers, 130bhp Passat, etc. Hmmm, not doing too bad then are we or you’d all be in a £500 diesel Fiesta.

haha good point

Driveroneuk:

I’ve got a P-reg Rover 825 which is worth about £300. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Driveroneuk:

I’ve got a P-reg Rover 825 which is worth about £300. :wink:

get away harry, they werent worth 300 sobs brand new :laughing: :laughing:

I used the comparison site with the anoying song.
I played around on it abit (i dont mean trying to find a ■■■■ buddy before anyone asks)
I adjusted things like my age and my 3 points for an SP10 back in 07.
If I put in my correct age which is 45, it came back cheaper than if i put in 50. Work that one out! :confused:
My SP10 puts on about 25 quid.

I’ve just used “Quote me happy” via a comparison site,and they did :smiley:
£230 fully comp for a 54 plate 1.6 focus,cheapest I’ve had for years :slight_smile: …mind you,I’m over the magical 55 years old :unamused: