***Channel 5 seeks M25/A4 driver for new TV show***

Hi,

I’m currently working on a new Channel 5 Documentary about the UK’s roads.

I’m looking for drivers to share their road stories with me…

I’m ideally looking to speak to anyone who regularly uses the M25 motorway or the A4 out of London but would be interested in speaking with anyone who regularly uses congested UK roads for work!

Please do get in touch and tell me more. I am available on: roadsandcommutes@stv.tv

Thanks so much in advance :slight_smile:

Kate

Hi,

I’m currently working on a new Channel 5 Documentary about the UK’s roads.

I’m looking for drivers to share their road stories with me…

I’m ideally looking to speak to anyone who regularly uses the M25 motorway or the A4 out of London but would be interested in speaking with anyone who regularly uses congested UK roads for work!

Please do get in touch and tell me more. I am available on: roadsandcommutes@stv.tv

Thanks so much in advance :slight_smile:

Kate

Sorry but strictly face for radio here

Not more TV ■■■■! :unamused:

katiwils:
interested in speaking with anyone who regularly uses congested UK roads for work!

That’ll be most of us then.

Re: Channel 5 seeks M25/A4 driver for new TV show
Unread postby bald bloke » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:58 pm

katiwils wrote:
interested in speaking with anyone who regularly uses congested UK roads for work!

Would you like to tell me more about it Bald Bloke?!

bald bloke:

katiwils:

pmsl
Not me fella I stay well clear of that ■■■■ hole

More London centric bowlocks! There are other roads in this country which are badly congested on a daily basis but maybe not so convenient for the “London elite”. Not for me I’m out. :unamused:

Wiretwister:
More London centric bowlocks! There are other roads in this country which are badly congested on a daily basis but maybe not so convenient for the “London elite”. Not for me I’m out. :unamused:

That’s what I was thinking!

What about the M6? or the M5? or M62? or any other motorway in the country? What’s so special about the M25 or the A4?

At the end of the day, it’s sounds like a bloody boring programme anyway!

I’m out!

I’m to pretty for such things anyway I get me bus pass in two years mwaaaaaaaaa

Looks like we are going to be dumped on by a multitude of TV companies making road docs.The BBC were on this site seeking the same assistance
a few weeks ago.I gained the impression it was a ‘how wonderful our road networks are’ type programme when I spoke with them, didn’t seem
to want to know too much about the massive coruption that exists relating to our road networks which is why today they are in such a disgusting state.

maybe other drivers will not share my view,maybe you will but i am of the opinion that it will be turned around and the programme will make hgv drivers look bad again

Dont C5 show the Stobarts Shows ■■ Wouldn,t they be a terrific source of information , they seem to have answers to most things regarding haulage. :wink:

Do we need to have strong views on immigration for this one?

You would need to be a bit more open with your requirements Kate.

In case you haven’t noticed, you’ve stumbled on a site where 99.9% of the posters use the crumbling UK network, and merely coming on here without any further info, is obviously going to get a rather muted response.

Ken.

Hi Kate, I am a truck driver and I may be able to help you with your project, I regularly use the M25 and can hopefully give you some insight.

Basically traffic levels on the M25 can vary enormously according to the time of day and on other factors. For example, at two o’clock in the morning the M25 is fairly uncongested and good progress can normally be made. I’ve always assumed that this might be because most people work during the day and sleep by night.

During the day, traffic can be heavier, particularly during periods when people traditionally travel to and from work, typically in the early morning and evening, I believe these periods are known as “rush hours”.

There can also be delays when vehicles are involved in collisions, and this an happen at any time. I have always assumed that this might be because such vehicles generally come to a halt in carriageways which are intended to carry traffic, they then impede the flow of traffic and need to be moved before normal progress can be resumed, although I am no expert.

Hope this helps, it sounds like a fascinating programme and I will look forward to viewing it.

Why would STV be doing a programme on the M25/A4?

I’ve merged the two threads as they seem identical.

I would also like the OP (and any other tv people) to read our rules before posting, in particular the bit that says :-

Any media organisation, company, educational establishment or individual seeking information to help with a project from the members of this site should seek permission BEFORE posting the request.

I’ve merged the two threads as they seem identical.

I would also like the OP (and any other tv people) to read our rules before posting, in particular the bit that says

Any media organisation, company, educational establishment or individual seeking information to help with a project from the members of this site should seek permission BEFORE posting the request

Dennis,
Thanks for the info but I absolutely sought permission to post on this thread. Please ask Martin Evans.

Thanks for the info but I absolutely sought permission to post on this thread. Please ask Martin Evans.

errr excuse my ignorance but who is Martin Evans?