***Channel 5 seeks M25/A4 driver for new TV show***

Rikki-UK:

Thanks for the info but I absolutely sought permission to post on this thread. Please ask Martin Evans.

errr excuse my ignorance but who is Martin Evans?

The forum admin who gave me permission to post. Rikki, would you like me to forward you my e-mails to and from him?

Harry Monk:
Hi Kate, I am a truck driver and I may be able to help you with your project, I regularly use the M25 and can hopefully give you some insight.

Basically traffic levels on the M25 can vary enormously according to the time of day and on other factors. For example, at two o’clock in the morning the M25 is fairly uncongested and good progress can normally be made. I’ve always assumed that this might be because most people work during the day and sleep by night.

During the day, traffic can be heavier, particularly during periods when people traditionally travel to and from work, typically in the early morning and evening, I believe these periods are known as “rush hours”.

There can also be delays when vehicles are involved in collisions, and this an happen at any time. I have always assumed that this might be because such vehicles generally come to a halt in carriageways which are intended to carry traffic, they then impede the flow of traffic and need to be moved before normal progress can be resumed, although I am no expert.

Hope this helps, it sounds like a fascinating programme and I will look forward to viewing it.

Hi Harry,
Many thanks for your time so far. It would be great to have a chat with you? Would you be OK sending an e-mail to: roadsandcommutes@stv.tv and I’ll e-mail you back with more info. Many thanks

Hi all,

Many thanks for your comments.

Just to answer a few questions…the documentary is deliberately not ‘London based’ or made by the ‘London elite’.
I sought permission to post this topic before posting.
This programme looks at many different roads in the UK, not just the M25 and the A4 - they are just the examples we are missing.
The documentary looks into roads in relation to different topics - for example, noise or congestion. The A4 and the M25 are statistically the most congested but if anyone has any suggestions or knows of any other particularly congested roads, I would be really grateful for the advice.

If anyone one has any other questions, I am more than happy answering them.

Many thanks

Kate

i use the A4 lots in and out of chiswick, it has lots of traffic on it. mainly headcase addison lee glorified taxi drivers weaving in and out like there playing grand theft auto. speak to a couple of them lads i’m sure they have a story to tell " you’ll never guess who i had in the back of my cab!".

oh and harry your factually incorrect, at night they mainly use the M25 for putting the cones out practice and shutting it down to nothing more than a A road. but the DFT wants freight moved at night

Rikki-UK:

Thanks for the info but I absolutely sought permission to post on this thread. Please ask Martin Evans.

it appears Rikki . mr Martin evans has something to do with trucking magazine. not part of the CM group that is it? :grimacing:

katiwils:

Rikki-UK:

The forum admin who gave me permission to post. Rikki, would you like me to forward you my e-mails to and from him?

There is no Martin Evans here, I’m confused now :exclamation:

A tv program will not make any difference for us because Jo public watches the Stobart thing and they think it’s reall :grimacing: :grimacing:

other congested roads M1, M8, A1(M) for starters.

Nothing produced by ANY media resembles reality by the time it staggers limping and bleeding past the editors :laughing:

Anyway I reckon most on here are far to intelligent to be suitable candidates for a programme on trucks/roads &etc., we just wouldn’t fit the knuckle-dragging stereotype the public expect and the media like to portray :unamused:

katiwils:

Harry Monk:
Hi Kate, I am a truck driver and I may be able to help you with your project, I regularly use the M25 and can hopefully give you some insight.

Basically traffic levels on the M25 can vary enormously according to the time of day and on other factors. For example, at two o’clock in the morning the M25 is fairly uncongested and good progress can normally be made. I’ve always assumed that this might be because most people work during the day and sleep by night.

During the day, traffic can be heavier, particularly during periods when people traditionally travel to and from work, typically in the early morning and evening, I believe these periods are known as “rush hours”.

There can also be delays when vehicles are involved in collisions, and this an happen at any time. I have always assumed that this might be because such vehicles generally come to a halt in carriageways which are intended to carry traffic, they then impede the flow of traffic and need to be moved before normal progress can be resumed, although I am no expert.

Hope this helps, it sounds like a fascinating programme and I will look forward to viewing it.

Hi Harry,
Many thanks for your time so far. It would be great to have a chat with you? Would you be OK sending an e-mail to: roadsandcommutes@stv.tv and I’ll e-mail you back with more info. Many thanks

:laughing: :laughing: Well Harry, that seems to have been lost on her… reinforces what you already know, eh? :wink:

There is no forum admin here with that name-or any employee of the company that owns this forum … I don’t know who you asked but it wasn’t the right people :unamused: :wink:

That was a good start to this thread! :laughing:
Wonder what the show will end up like? :stuck_out_tongue:

Congested roads ok let’s start

M1 - to shelf area
M6 - most of it
M62 - most of it
M25

What else have I missed