Changing your user name

bump

Is there any chance of getting mine changedto match my nameplate please?

hgvhgv:

Consider it done NU62 DYB. :smiley:

hgvhgv:

Try craigsplates.com/

If you want to change your User Name in order to include information about yourself - for example, you want to use your full name, or you want the name to reflect something you are interested in (like your favourite truck), forget about changing the User Name and just write a short sentence in your User Profile at the bottom your posts to reflect anything you wish to say. That’s what I did! Robert

Excuse the bump… ok, it’s a sticky, so no bump… but you know what i mean.

Given there’s this forum runs on PHPBB, why not just enable the user-controlled username change feature ?

An admin can enable it here: General Settings-> Board Settings / Board Features → Allow Username changes. Doing it that way means all posts would remain attribuated to the persons ‘new’ username - and any previous posts would change to also show their new username.

Alternatively, you can set it as a feature only available to certain membergroups, which people can be auto-assigned to based on X criteria (post count, length of membership, or even manually).

IMO, encouraging users to create a new username, with a new email address, and with a new IP address (easily done, if they wanted) is more likely to encourage, than discourage trolling.

Just a thought, unless of course i’m missing something :laughing:

Chris.

↑ The problem with that is that some people would be changing their name every other week just for the sake of it, we wouldn’t know who to take notice of and whose posts to take with a pinch of salt :wink:

tachograph:
↑ The problem with that is that some people would be changing their name every other week just for the sake of it, we wouldn’t know who to take notice of and whose posts to take with a pinch of salt :wink:

This^^

Plus the fact that mrs mix has already spoken on that question in a sticky. :wink:

I’d argue that if someone is changing their username every 5 minutes, then you probably wouldn’t want to be taking much notice of their posts anyway.

Care to point me to the sticky ?

Chris1207:
Care to point me to the sticky ?

Can you not feel the stickiness of this thread :wink:

can I change my user name ? my wife must have set this up a year or two back when she was trying to find out stuff about CPCs. I can’t seem to set up a new account as the email address seems to be linked to SusanH - could I change it to something else or should I just stick with Susan, a boy named Sue and all that, lol can always look forward to “the mud and the blood and the beer” bit

Hey ■■■■ Sue :wink: , you’ve only 3 posts to your name so why not just set up a new account with a username of your choice? The mods only get concerned if it’s a change for the purpose of trolling so you should be tickety and indeed boo.

If the email address is the only problem use a different email address for your new account.

Just lately there have been a number of members asking for their user name to be changed,
this has been fine up to a point and not caused any problems
now it look’s like at least one has done this to cause problems.
Therefore user names will not be changed unless there is a genuine reason for doing so.

mrs mix:
Just lately there have been a number of members asking for their user name to be changed,
this has been fine up to a point and not caused any problems
now it look’s like at least one has done this to cause problems.
Therefore user names will not be changed unless there is a genuine reason for doing so.

Typical, one person ruins it for the rest of us :unamused:

bump

That’s bloody great! I’ve just requested an user name change! Takes a few ■■■■■ to spoil it for the rest of us!

But, what’s stopping them from just regestring another user name?

Will Cabi:
That’s bloody great! I’ve just requested an user name change! Takes a few [zb] to spoil it for the rest of us!

But, what’s stopping them from just regestring another user name?

Nothing. For anyone who just wants to change it for no reason other than they don’t want the old name it just means any posts they have already made will not be associated with their new user-name. For those who want to register a new name to get round the rules they are easily spotted.

NB. If you do just want to re-register with a new name you will probably have to use a different email address to your current one, I don’t think it allows two user-names from the same email address.

But if you thought fist before registering that user name then you wouldnt have to change it would you :question: :bulb:

It were years ago :unamused: