Chalked tyres and 7 bays held

Sat in Aldi RDC at Swindon.

The guy says to me he had 3 minutes spare and old bill chalked him off and 3 bays either side of him.

Can this be true :smiley:

ETA : Of course I know it’s not. But it makes you wonder if I look the gullible type. :-/

I think life bans should be handed out to the starters of such threads :stuck_out_tongue:

Only 3 bays either side? No no no its all wrong!

Should have been 5 bays either side. Aldi should have also stopped all fork lift ops for 11 hours. Standard procedure these days…

Please excuse my ignorance, I keep reading about chalking tyres or bays etc and how it is a load of bull, can you explain to me what it is supposed to be about.

I have been retired since 1998 after 35 years on the road and never seemed to get all these stories told me that you seem to be always on about nowadays.

The rumour goes that if you run out of duty time in an RDC and you are already on bay, the local plod will come and chalk round your tyres with varying colours of chalk so that you do not move until your duty time restarts.

It’s the first time I’ve heard it and I’m sure it won’t be the last :slight_smile:

Sounds like a load of bull to me, I suppose the local plod stands by every RDC just in case you run out of time.

In my day it was " If you don’t fill in the log sheet you can’t be done for falsifying it" or for those who want to run bent using a tacho card, “Just put the card in upside down and plead ignorance”.

I bet you hear some cr*p sat around in those RDC cabins, I was lucky I was never involved in that sort of work.

I have read a few posts on here about what different drivers have told each other and have to chuckle at the thought of it.

when i ran out of time on a bay last week they arranged a raf chinook to air lift me somewere peacefull

davhems:
when i ran out of time on a bay last week they arranged a raf chinook to air lift me somewere peacefull

Did they bring you back again?

Tankerman:

davhems:

Did they bring you back again?

Naah, he’s weekending in the Falklands :smiley:

i dont know were i am but its hot and the locals are wearing teatowls on there heads

Sounds like you may be in London,try not to say any thing controversial until you reach civilization again.

alamcculloch:
Sounds like you may be in London,try not to say any thing controversial until you reach civilization again.

Sounds more like the Manchester rd area of Swindon ? :slight_smile:

Suedehead:

alamcculloch:

Sounds more like the Manchester rd area of Swindon ? :slight_smile:

Won’t be lonely tonight then. :wink: :wink: :laughing:

dar1976:

It’s the first time I’ve heard it and I’m sure it won’t be the last :slight_smile:

it`s almost like losing your virginity…a coming of age,so to speak :smiley:

I thought at lidl and aldi and those RDC you could only tip in the mornings■■? Dam that’s unlucky start time there drive lol

taffytrucker:
I thought at lidl and aldi and those RDC you could only tip in the mornings■■? Dam that’s unlucky start time there drive lol

1400 tip time. Fortunately only 7 pallets as it was self tip.

I am shocked that chalk can stop a lorry from moving

mickyblue » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:00 am

I am shocked that chalk can stop a lorry from moving

You under estimate the power of chalk Lorry drivers obey chalk but quite of few of them seem to ignore paint :laughing:

This is def one my favs i have come across atleast half dozen honest truckers that swear blind this happened. Its right up there with the rdc manager being arrested for holding you against your will if you been on bay to long. I going write a book one day. “the tall tails of trucking”

Its just a myth, if it was true, he would have said the shunt vehicles were told to stop as well…