cf 85 auto

if any of you drivers ever find youself stuck with a non start problem on a cf 85 auto there is a fault with the starter signal wire behind the dash that burns out on 04/54/05 years if you get stuck remove the top of the starter relay and push the contacts together it will then start as you can not bump start due to being auto this will save a lot of money on the call out and when you get to the yard you will need to replace the signal wire behind the dash i will post some pics of this by the way im new on here just thought i would share that with you regards sweedishsix :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i had a problem with a 105xf a couple of times last week. I expect it’ll be the same thing waiting to go totally [zb].
Does the relay have a number?
I used to have a problem with a 95xf, It wouldn’t turn over so i pulled the big silver relay, It turned over, Then i pushed it back in as it was turning, Then it started. :sunglasses:

58 plate 85cf 360 auto’s

Wont start no problem
I just ring the depot and have a kip till the very nice man turns up

oh and all paid while doing it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Welcome to Trucknet Sweedishsix. Good info for the small operator/owner driver in these difficult times. I drive several 07 plate CF85 Autos for a large company but haven’t encountered any such problems so far, fingers crossed.

the guy i work for runs 22 dafs but we are all under threat of being layed off we need to keep costs down is what the letter says every week i belive two are going this week lets hope things get better soon otherwise its the bin wagon ■■?

The company I work for have a 55 reg cf auto, which has been having transmission problems for months now, despite nearly living in the main dealers yard. Starting is not a problem, but it suffers with moisture in the air supply to the gearbox actuator. Each visit to the DAF dealer leading to a different part being replaced, we can only hope the last visit is the last one.

Peter