Certas Energy Tankers

Can anybody let me know what Certas are like to work for?? I know they have taken over a large amount of smaller fuel companies over the past few years and have heard mixed reports about them!! Also the current rates for basic 40 hours and do they pay time and half after basic■■? Any information greatly received!!! Cheers :smiley:

Bertie1973:
Can anybody let me know what Certas are like to work for??

No idea what they are like to work for but I’ve head some rumour that class 1 is around £36k a year on a mixed shift pattern & I suspect they do a lot of commercial fuel (some of which is subbied out), heating oil/kerosene & Gulf/Pace retail. Certas kit looks good (especially the new Scanias) but the old puddle jumpers from the little independents they took over have passed their sell by date. I’ve applied countless times to them but gave up in the end, I’ve heard a certain depot use agency temp to perm so that’s the way in, not sure if that model is used nationwide or not. Good luck :wink:

Thanks buddy…I have heard agency is the way in!! :slight_smile:

Bertie1973:
Thanks buddy…I have heard agency is the way in!! :slight_smile:

Go for it, good luck… :slight_smile:

Bertie1973:
do they pay time and half after basic■■? Any information greatly received!!! Cheers :smiley:

Ive just seen another ad saying "
A competitive reward package is on offer which includes competitive basic, plus overtime, London weighting, lunch allowance. Overtime is paid at a time and a half."
I also heard that they are getting a load of new 65reg Scania day cabs anytime, does anybody know if it’s for expansion or its just fleet replacement?

CertasTanker.jpg

This one failed to stop & made a mess of this Merc

Toddy2:

He looks stopped to me. :smiling_imp:

Pimpdaddy:

Bertie1973:
do they pay time and half after basic■■? Any information greatly received!!! Cheers :smiley:

Ive just seen another ad saying "
A competitive reward package is on offer which includes competitive basic, plus overtime, London weighting, lunch allowance. Overtime is paid at a time and a half."
I also heard that they are getting a load of new 65reg Scania day cabs anytime, does anybody know if it’s for expansion or its just fleet replacement?

Fleet replacement. The 61 Reg Scania’s are making way for the new vehicles.

They always seem to be expanding buying up smaller companies all over the Country.

Chaos is the word I hear most from their own drivers.
Is that like most firms nowdays?

Not many positive driver reviews on Indeed website. If you like to be called regularly by the office then you’d be just the driver they’re after.

Muckaway:

Toddy2:

You are right, I should have said he stopped a bit too late !!

Toddy2:

Muckaway:

Toddy2:

This is a Professional Drivers Forum, so I’d have thought you’d already be aware of this, but just in case you’re not.

The driver of that vehicle, wait for it, I know it’s hard to believe… IS A HUMAN BEING!

I know right, that means he could make a mistake and kill billions of people with him mobile bomb etc :open_mouth:

waynedl:

Toddy2:

Muckaway:

Toddy2:

This is a Pofessional Drivers Forum, so I’d have thought you’d already be aware of this, but just in case you’re not.

The driver of that vehicle, wait for it, I know it’s hard to believe… IS A HUMAN BEING!

I know right, that means he could make a mistake and kill billions of people with him mobile bomb etc :open_mouth:

Nah, never billions of people on the A128 !! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It’s only a minor bump, no big deal, it didn’t come into contact with the tank or the load & the UN# displayed is just kerosene.

mistakes are made, we all learn from these mistakes. I am sure he has learnt his lesson and will be more careful in the future, no one was hurt or died that’s all that matters.

it,s circus energy that we are known as by managers a bunch of clowns all drivers are on a different wage new starters get straight time for all hours worked then time and half for saterdays i was lucky as i was tuppied over so they can,t alter my rate which is time and half after 8 hrs but i can see them trying to change it in the way of a carrot the way in with this firm is take the winter part time job then if you work all hrs and don,t moan about excessive work loads then they offer you a permanent role then after 30 years you will be like me all your joint ,s knackered still onely 16 months to go then retire yahoo can,t wait finaly retired april 2018 67yrs young manager more or less said company will be glad to see the old boys go as we can think for ourselves they want young drivers that will ask how high when told to jump they wouldnt even pay to renew my adr as a gesture of 30yrs loyalty so payed myself along with a few cpc hrs so good for 5more yrs just in case of a winter part time job for A RIVAL COMPANY

superstar:
it,s circus energy that we are known as by managers a bunch of clowns

[emoji1][emoji1]

Certas, AKA DCC energy, AKA GB oils. I worked for them in the guise they were under about 15 years ago, they bought out the BP domestic fuel distribution business in Grangemouth, they were an Irish mob who came over here & bought up nearly every small fuel distributor around. Currently working from a central hub in Larbert, Scotland where all the calls to the various distributors are taken (If you’re ringing round for a quote for kero, it may well be the same person answering the phone each time!

Pay was always below the par of the mainline BP, Esso, Shell drivers, kit was usually repainted stock which came with the buyovers, although some not bad looking artics going around here now. I lasted a year with them after being tupe’d over from BP. If they’re still run the same way nowadays, I’d avoid it.

Currently making more with Asda & I don’t go home stinking of diesel every day!

Hi busteredwards,I was the same I was working for brogan fuels on petroplus contract.When we were taken over by GB Oils (certas) I did not like the way they worked and they treated drivers badly, I left after a year and now work out of Ineos and Nustar Grangemouth for a small family business running two arctics 2-3 days a week.

matt watson:
Hi busteredwards,I was the same I was working for brogan fuels on petroplus contract.When we were taken over by GB Oils (certas) I did not like the way they worked and they treated drivers badly, I left after a year and now work out of Ineos and Nustar Grangemouth for a small family business running two arctics 2-3 days a week.

Small world Matt, I too worked on the Petroplus job with Brogans, back in the days of the bull nosed Scania’s & Duncan Ross thinking he was in charge! lol

busteredwards, You were there just before I started, you will remember Stevie Duncan ,Hamish Simpson , Andy Grant. Duncan Ross now runs oil fast in Motherwell. I retire next year after 41 years on the fuel. Any new driver starting with certas has to go on 4on 2 off shift pattern. Speaking to the drivers at Ineos and a lot of drivers are looking to get away from certas. They were looking for 6 class one drivers just before November and they could not fill these positions. Yet some of the drivers I speak to are happy in the job.So to the op if you get offered a job at certas go try it and if you don’t like it move on.