CD'S in windows?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why so many trucks have CD’s on the dashboard facing out towards the windscreen :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: …someone told me it was to do with speed cameras…is this correct :question: :question:

SCANTHEMAN

it’s a special signal to other drivers - it means “I’m a plonker” :laughing: :laughing:

the speed camera thing is just another drivers myth - remember most speed cameras photograph the back of the vehicle :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I had thought about speed cameras photographing mostly the back of vehicles Denis…but the camera thing is the only explanation iv’e been given :confused: :confused: …cheers anyway mate :exclamation: :exclamation:

SCANTHEMAN

It used to be a trick in Eastern Europe :stuck_out_tongue:

When you got a pull and the police asked for a disc. You could give them that, Tell them it is a digital tacho.

Wont work now though!

the random angles in the CD are supposed to deflect the laser from a speed gun, same principle used in stealth fighter.
However for this to have any chance of working you’d need to cover the entire truck with CD’s. including the entire windscreen and all those lovely spot lights that seem to go with the CD’s as the reflector on a light is going to reflect the beam straight out the front of the truck, because thats whats it’s designed to do. :unamused:

Do they not point a laser gun at the engine anyway ■■

I always thought it was to reflect back the glare from the high beam from the ignorant [zb] who insists on blinding you at night :blush: :imp:

simon

what a waste of cd’s,just think of the amount of tunes you could put on them :wink: :wink: :wink:

how do they catch us bikers from the front■■?

Front facing cameras can’t identify bikers, but a speed gun can, unless like me you get lucky and a larger vehicle goes the other way and the gun can’t lock onto you.
The copper pulled me over asked what speed I was doing. I was honest 50mph in a 30 limit, he said yep, but the gun didn’t lock on because of the car going the other way, so off you go and don’t do it again. :laughing:

Maybe the answer is to carry a large quantity of glitter and a detector. when you get a laser signal, fire large quantities of glitter in front this should mess the laser beam up enough for it not to give a reading. :smiley:

Only the subject of bizarre things in truck windows, what are those rolled-up multi-coloured umbrella like things which sit in each corner of the windscreen diagonally :confused: :question:

Also, some trucks appears to have a hanging basket swaying in the middle of the windscreen with tassle type things hanging off it, what’s that all about :confused: :question:

pmsl rob :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . the "rolled up umbrella thingys are supposed to be spears… theyre a spanish bullfighting thing :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . i think the other tat your thinking of is a “dreamcatcher”? and yes… i think they do look bloody daft :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

RobK, I think the first one is those things they spear Bulls with in Spain. Someones been to Spain :unamused: :confused:
Not sure what the second thing you mention is.

Question ; Where will you NOT find the following ( in windscreens)-

1, Spanish bullfighter arrows.
2, C.D.'s .
3, Triangle pennant flags (Belgium,France, Germany, etc.)
4,A huge wooden table with a kettle on it.
5, A plug in Christmas tree ( seasonal).
6, A plug in message board.
7, A number plate with the drivers name on it.

Answer ; At the Test Station :laughing: :laughing:

" Obstruction of the driver’s forward view" I was once told, removing a small flag from the screen of an F12 years ago…!

How many trucks do you see going for test with all or some of the above
" Window Accessories" ?

On the road it’s normally day cab motors anayway :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers,

Niall.

Thanks guy’s for the info about the “Spanish spears” they’ve really taken off over here and any trucker I’ve asked didn’t know what there for. I thought they where some type of bagpipe!!! :blush: :laughing:

Dont forget the stupid little plastic table with a note pad on, that you cant reach and it breaks if you try to write on it :stuck_out_tongue:

And curtain borders & furry tassles that make the cab look like a tarts boudoir

We had a truck go for test the other month, while it was sitting outside one of the tester’s advised us to take the Austrian go box out of the window, box like the dart tag box sits just above wiper hight, said he would fail it if it went through with it in the window, tho it was ok to put it back in after the test!
sdj

I thought the c.d’s were air freshners

rob them things that look like hanging baskets are dream catchers :smiley: :smiley:

for all those drivers dreaming about there own beds :wink:

jon

Niall:
Question ; Where will you NOT find the following ( in windscreens)-

1, Spanish bullfighter arrows.
2, C.D.'s .
3, Triangle pennant flags (Belgium,France, Germany, etc.)
4,A huge wooden table with a kettle on it.
5, A plug in Christmas tree ( seasonal).
6, A plug in message board.
7, A number plate with the drivers name on it.

Answer ; At the Test Station :laughing: :laughing:

Or in the windscreen of any truck driver who has two brain cells to rub together.

What is it with truckers and this cheap and tacky doo-daddery?

Why don`t these sad inadequates stop buying this tawdry tat, save their money, and simply place a piece of cardboard in the windscreen, on which is written in felt tip pen…

I HAVE NO TASTE WHATSOEVER

Vince