CB Radio

I was just wondering how many truckers still use CB radio and wether you find it useful for avoiding traffic, finding cheap fuel or enquiring about directions.

It’s just that I’ve been offered a complete kit for a reasonable price and was wondering whether to fit it or sell it on eBay for a profit.

Many thanks
Chomper

Chomper i used to have one when i was away tramping, i used to find it useful for getting directions, warnings about police and ministry traps and generally having a chat and a laugh with people.

If you do decide to sell it might be interested dependant on the rig and the price as it looks like im going on a few nights out again soon.

wether you find it useful for avoiding traffic
With 16’3" is it difficult to go other then motorway’s and dualcarriageway’s :smiley:

Hi and welcome to TruckNet UK chomper :smiley:

Indeed, as do the rest of us Irish lads :wink:

Mine’s always switched on and squelched up listening for any reports etc.

Often have a laugh with other truckers, I wouldn’t be without it :smiley:

I still use mine all the time , feel lost when i have a truck without one.you get some right spanners on it especially in and around the big citys but is still invaluable for directions if you dont have satnav . i also find it keeps me more alert early mornings listening in on conversations because Alex Lester sends me to sleep

Just bought a new rig but for the life of me I can’t seem to figure out how to fit it into my Actros apart from removing dash console :open_mouth: . Electrics aren’t just a grey area for me, they are a total blackout :confused:

As it is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving and carries a fine is it not the same law to use a CB while on the move ■■?

Apart from that have not had one in the truck for 8 years

can’t remember the correct wording but the use of a two way radio device such as cb is perfectly legal while driving. :smiley:

I think It’s something to do with the police having to use their two way radios while driving and wouldn’t want to appear to have double standards :wink: :wink:

Any recommendations for a rig please ?

About time I got one…

Steve_24v, try here www.stores.ebay.co.uk/rocketgroup2
This goes direct to their shop. Don’t think you can beat the prices. :slight_smile:

I just tried the link, it says “sorry shop does not exist”?

try this one www.stores.ebay.co.uk/Rocket-Group-Radio-Communications

thats better penfold :laughing: :laughing:
I fancy one of those president jacksons… supposed to be the rolls royce of cb`s

how about www.lorrybits.co.uk :wink: :wink:

Bought a Midland 80 channel for £54 including P&P and it came next day. Top class service :smiley:

I got one of these boxes a few years ago. Seems to be as good as any other and don’t believe the waffle about it being for “more experienced” users. Its a CB, simple enough to use, you press the PTT key and talk into the mic.

Their prices seem a bit high and they’re fibbing about the output of some linear amps.

Try Truck King they used to be the top dogs for CB stuff.

Ive got a Kernow beta 4100 something or other but its pretty ■■■■ useless seeing as the aerial is in a tree somewhere near ashbourne :blush: :imp: :imp: :laughing: :laughing:

simon