CB channels

hi, in ■■■■ powderpuff from radio one was called lloyd and lives in kent.worked with bruno brookes for many years and after radio one with liz kershaw.how do i know,cos im him and my catchphrase was YOU OLD TROUT .

10 years you kept us in suspense for that!

well I have to fez up (hiding behind keyboard lol) many years ago I used to tramp up and down the M6 singing “I know a song that’ll get on your nerves” or “the wheels on my scania go round and round”, now I didn’t drive a scanny but a plastic duck (erf), used to get into some funny chats spotting a scanny driver doing the singing, even met up with a lady trucker at Hilton park s/b where she said that the singing/banter helped her keep awake being a night trucker.

We run on channel 3 on the sugar beet in Suffolk. Great thing especially in the middle of nowhere but you can see the loader and don’t know how to get to it :smiley:

on approved rigs ssb is now legal

A.M.19 for fun frolics,craic,and all the gossip you can handle…(assuming you can interpret the accents)…vital kit on the 75,55,41,or really anywhere theres a chance of getting pulled.

I’ve only just realised that I have responded to a 10 year old thread! Oops! hehe

22 is the tipper channel in london

Is that russian taxi woman still bleeding over all the channels? :smiley:

Be interesting if cb once again became the thing to have.

One four for a copy whilst parked up. You just can’t do that with a mobile. Ring a number and you are in breach of causing harassment.

jimmy2loads:
Is that russian taxi woman still bleeding over all the channels? :smiley:

Yep.

For someone new… would you want to be on CE or U?

I just inherited a new/old truck and it comes complete with a CB as ive never used one before ive no idea what channels to use so any info appreciated please

simon

channel, off. always works for me :wink:

UK19 (or just 19 if it’s only a 40 channel rig) is the channel that is generally used as the trucker’s calling channel.

Paul

cheers paul

dave :stuck_out_tongue:

simon

If there’s any accidents or hold-ups tune to 19 - that’s where everyone reports them. 19 is officially the calling channel and once you’ve found your mate or whatever you’re meant to go to another frequency to continue the chat but you’ll find this rarely happens and everyone chats on 19. Keep the squelch at about 75% to shut up all the background noise.

If you see any hold-ups, Ministry, cops, mobile speed cameras it’s generally the done thing to key up on 19 to let any other truckers know. I’ve avoided many a coming to by having my CB on in the wagon.

Click Happy:
If there’s any accidents or hold-ups tune to 19 - that’s where everyone reports them. 19 is officially the calling channel and once you’ve found your mate or whatever you’re meant to go to another frequency to continue the chat but you’ll find this rarely happens and everyone chats on 19. Keep the squelch at about 75% to shut up all the background noise.

If you see any hold-ups, Ministry, cops, mobile speed cameras it’s generally the done thing to key up on 19 to let any other truckers know. I’ve avoided many a coming to by having my CB on in the wagon.

shouldn’t be speeding anyway :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:

Click Happy:

shouldn’t be speeding anyway :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Okay, no worries, I won’t bother letting you know that there’s a mobile speed trap up ahead then when you’re coming the other way. No skin off my nose!

Click happy thanks for the info mate :sunglasses:

And take no notice of KitKat he’s just winding you up

simon