Cavewood transport

i drove for cavewood out of there leicester depot from 1988 to 1997 started at the age of 21 doing groupage in a daf 2100 with top sleeper pod.then had new volvo FL6 4 wheeler with air ride that i was running all over europe in carrying computer equipment .then moved onto artics with a F12 then FH12 doing mainly germany holland and belguim.sailed out of felixstowe a lot with P+O then norfolkline also sallyline from ramsgate and the love boat into sheerness.made a lot of good friends and had some great nights out at wallystop bp at breda and the tank wash at lokeren. all good time shame but i dont think they will return tony

What was the girls name that drove for Cavewood ?
Nice girl that drove a draw-bar i think used to ship out
Portsmouth to Le Havre every week doing Bordeaux groupage.

Mappo I think her name was Janice or something similar used to be in Bordaux a lot

Yep it was Janice, always in Peters Bar drinking “Kir” with her mate Marie who did her clearance papers.

You have woken from your siesta then Gazzer lets have some more photos if you have a minute between courses :unamused:

Thanks for that Ian and Gazza
My memory is definitely fading with age. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yes your right her name was janice do you remember big dave as well also wagon and drag daf 2800 then a volvo F12 did swiss all the time

I havent got time to post Ian as Sunday lunch has just finished and it is our dinner time now before the evening punters come in but hey! Cheers, a glass of rioja on you! ( I have a foto of Marie somewhere but not Janice).

Who was the other girl in le ferry boat was it Beatrice used to shout all the time

a.k.a. Beertrucks!

traniht:
Who was the other girl in le ferry boat was it Beatrice used to shout all the time

Yes it was Ian , she did a mean omelette if you were peckish.
Remember all the company badges and stickers on the wall ?
although i know you Rawlings lads used to frequent Peters most
of the time.

Brighten the thread up…this is Agnes from Le Havre who knew Janice very well about 25 years ago.

As a small boy trucking to Italy and back with my dad i met Janice on the boat and we chatted.( I’ve had a thing about women truck drivers ever since )

IM GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES ON HERE AND ITS ALL GAZZERS FAULT :confused:

sling:
As a small boy trucking to Italy and back with my dad i met Janice on the boat and we chatted.( I’ve had a thing about women truck drivers ever since )

IM GOING AROUND IN CIRCLES ON HERE AND ITS ALL GAZZERS FAULT :confused:

Seems like Gazzas got a lot to answer for aye Sling

How is yer Dad by the way is he still on for Vitacress ■■?

We have to be carefull about our declarations concerning female truck drivers!

Best thing I ever did for you “Sling”.

MAPPO

My dad is still on Vitacress thanks.
I poped up here as i thought i had some Cavewood pictures but im sorry to say i’ve lost them. But i’ve got some Mammoth ones so what lane do i need to be in now■■?

So how did a thread on cavewood manage to get round to women eh tony :smiley: and it’s still your turn for the teas

I met a driver of Cavewoods when i was on for Morrison Freight Tony, (95-96). There was around a 20km que on the 4 coming into Germany, we were both trying to get down the 61, he was behind me in the que. He had the last (im sure thats what he told me at the time) Megaspace SK Merc it was in purple. I think it was at the time they were changing to the new colour they have now. He came from Liecester depot, quite a big fella, his name was Dave, and i remember him saying he had a Range Rover.
I met him in Corby when i was driving for Badger years later, he was still at Cavewood.

By your heritage would I be right in thinking that your father would have a namesake in one of the worlds poorest countries and would you do the occacional stint for a newly formed part of DHL?? :unamused:

Depends who youre talking to!