Caught on phone

got caught on my phone today whilst driving the lorry-bang to rights no complaints(got filmed by plod in unmarked car about five seconds after taking call)
NO LECTURES PLEASE-i know it was wrong,i dont make a habit of it but for significant personal reasons i answered it(i’m not trying to suggest i shouldnt have been done but i have my reasons for answering)
what i need to know is what chance of me getting a driver awareness course(copper who collared me didnt know)
obviously since i’ve been home and ive googled it and seen about the possibilty of being up before the TC. :open_mouth:
has anyone else been done for this lately?
cheers, andrew

got done for it about 6 months ago and got put on the course. Pretty sure if the course is run in the area you were caught you will get offered it.

same as speed awareness courses really. Boring, patronising but necessary if you don’t want the points!

cheers maga
i forgot to put in first post it was in hertfordshire

I got caught on the phone in my van I did the course listed to a couple from the council talk of b£&@"&& for 4 hours 80£ in a Hilton (free tea and biccys) loads of pensioners looking terrified about either they jumped a light or took a wrong left turn I was listening to 1 she looked like she was going to cry I sorted her out said all will be fine she got through ok

You get a free Highway Code no points no fine
Not something I ever do now the course made me see the light

But worrieing cop didn’t offer the one who pulled me offerd it all stuff came in post
You will be fine

If your lucky you’ll get a course.
If your unlucky you’ll get reported to the TC, with possible disciplinary proceedings

Digit369:
I got caught on the phone in my van I did the course listed to a couple from the council talk of b£&@"&& for 4 hours 80£ in a Hilton (free tea and biccys) loads of pensioners looking terrified about either they jumped a light or took a wrong left turn I was listening to 1 she looked like she was going to cry I sorted her out said all will be fine she got through ok

You get a free Highway Code no points no fine
Not something I ever do now the course made me see the light

But worrieing cop didn’t offer the one who pulled me offerd it all stuff came in post
You will be fine

thats whats worring me-my mate got done and plod that stopped him said he would be offered the course.i got a poxy leaflet saying about herts beds cambs safety partnership and that they would be in touch if i was going to be offered it…

:open_mouth: bit dodge that me mateo could be down to pc I said to my one im doing my hgv but don’t want any points as my licence had 10 points and I clean for 5 year no points now

Just apeal apeal apeal your licence is your job you should be allowed to do the course maybe contact the safe driver Schemer. lol .

Good luck

Digit369:
:shock: bit dodge that me mateo could be down to pc I said to my one im doing my hgv but don’t want any points as my licence had 10 points and I clean for 5 year no points now

Just apeal apeal apeal your licence is your job you should be allowed to do the course maybe contact the safe driver Schemer. lol .

Good luck

its out of my hands now.copper said to me that he didnt have any say in it one way or another…

You could be looking at a ban one of the drivers at the firm I used to work for was caught on the phone driving a lorry by an unmarked police car he thought he would just get the points and fine and he was reported to the tc which he had to attended meeting and was given a 10 day ban from driving lorries but was ok to drive his car this was a couple of years ago now he was told they are looking to bring in a longer ban for lorry and coach drivers caught using a phone

Instant dismissal at some companies.

redboxer850:
Instant dismissal at some companies.

one thing i do know is this isnt going to happen ,thank ■■■■!!

someone i know has mentioned the possibility of a 90 day ban from the tc!!! bloody hell you only get a year for drink driving ffs!!
i’ve seen on dvla site about starting point of revocation of vocational licence if seen by tc will be 21 days :open_mouth: :open_mouth: surely first offence etc wont be that draconian?

someone give me some positive news please :unamused:

Hi Andrew. Pm sent :wink:

andrew.s:

I’ve just won a bottle of whiskey

peirre:

andrew.s:

I’ve just won a bottle of whiskey

lucky you.this is relevant in what way to this thread?

If it was BOC you’d be dismissed regardless of any explanation.

Nowt you can do as it’s out of your hands so no good stressing it can’t change anything.

Number one priority is keeping the gaffer, or anyone else that matters at work, sweet in case it does go worse case scenario.

Bear in mind the TC 90 day tale might be A) driver BS or B) the driver had an arms folded bolsh in the meeting instead of eating the required humble pie.

mikeshe:
If it was BOC you’d be dismissed regardless of any explanation.

phew-good job i dont work for them then eh?

Own Account Driver:
Nowt you can do as it’s out of your hands so no good stressing it can’t change anything.

Number one priority is keeping the gaffer, or anyone else that matters at work, sweet in case it does go worse case scenario.

Bear in mind the TC 90 day tale might be A) driver BS or B) the driver had an arms folded bolsh in the meeting instead of eating the required humble pie.

cheers,you’re right- cant change what will be.
i do think the 90 day thing is some ■■■■■■■■ that must have been quoted at a dcpc course to be honest.
in one way i’m quite lucky,firm i work for wont sack me(i work self employed for them anyway) but its a bit of a niche job so finding a good replacement wont be very easy for them(famous last words lol)

This course should count towards your DCPC in my eyes,

Happy days