Cash for Crash??

This accident happened on the M25 on the 17th, watch closely as the car brakes after the truck started his overtaking.
A few seconds earlier, and I would probably crashed on the back of him. There was no reason at all for the car to brake like that. I will contact the police and send the video to them, to me was clear a car drivers fault, what do you people think

I think you could’ve given your details at the time as a witness, not drove off. :open_mouth:

And you didnt stop? you didnt advise the other trucker that you just caught it all on video?? or offer your details as a witness■■?

Shouldnt you be in contact with the police instead of on here wasting time■■?

Madguy :smiling_imp:

I’m just not going there on this one. :open_mouth:

wegi:
what do you people think.

[/video]

i think you are an A1 bellend for not stopping. i hope someone gets a video of you having an accident then drives off and leaves you in the ■■■■. You absolute ■■■■■■.

I think what everyone is trying to say, is yep, better going to the police late than never :laughing: :laughing:

Was expecting you to pull onto hard shoulder to speak with truck driver just to let him know you had it on camera. Was surprised when you in fact just carried on :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ve watched it a few times and my take on it is different — the car is catching up with the lorry in front in lane 2 , can’t move out as there is a car coming up fast in lane 3, puts his/her brakes on just as Willi pulls out behind— unfortunate timing, accident. Let’s face it, if you were going to have a deliberate scam accident, you’d have to be pretty stupid to do it in that little car in front of a 44 tonner. OP didn’t stop to see if he could help, but that’s standard practice these days isn’t it? I’m alright Jack up with the ladder!
Bernard

What are we meant to be watching :blush: :blush:

selby newcomer:
I think what everyone is trying to say, is yep, better going to the police late than never :laughing: :laughing:

Police wasn’t involved, already talked to them, contacted Willi Betz main office, waiting for them to reply.

No one was injured, and both drivers were talikng on the hard shoulder, I kept going, cause I was running late, and I do get the big bollocking if I miss my delivery time slot and they send the load back when it happens, so no thanks

Wegi! It might be a good idea to contact Willi Betz and let them know you were a witness and you have footage! Do it ASAP!! It is your duty as a witness! :smiley:

Just read your post above! Says it all really! :open_mouth: ■■■■ the load! Your a witness! :unamused:

Must be missing sompthing here cant see a vid
Not sure of the exact situation as i cant see the vid, personally I feel in some cases it might be better carrying on and then reporting it to the police later along with the vid, just depends if its safe to stop and if by stopping you wont be causing an obstruction
ALthough i do belive its an offence not to stop if you witnessed an accident but sometimes in the heat of the moment you just miss the oppertunity to safly pull over

AHT:
Not sure of the exact situation as i cant see the vid, personally I feel in some cases it might be better carrying on and then reporting it to the police later along with the vid, just depends if its safe to stop and if by stopping you wont be causing an obstruction
ALthough i do belive its an offence not to stop if you witnessed an accident but sometimes in the heat of the moment you just miss the oppertunity to safly pull over

I really really hope you or Wegi are not involved in a RTA! I can guarantee that you will appreciate the man/woman who stops to help you! But obviously you think your load is more important than a persons well being! :open_mouth:

dessy:

AHT:

I really really hope you or Wegi are not involved in a RTA! I can guarantee that you will appreciate the man/woman who stops to help you! But obviously you think your load is more important than a persons well being! :open_mouth:

Not saying i wouldnt stop if it was safe to do so etc, but in some circumstances it isnt and with the camera it really doesnt matter wether you stop there and then or report it with footage later on. I would always endevor to stop if at all possible but sometimes with in a coule of seconds you are along way past, and by stopping you would potentially create another collision.
Like i said cant comment on the case above as i havent seen the vid

having now seen the vid as the link seems to have reapeard, i cant understand why the op didnt stop in that instance as he was already stopped and could easily have pulled onto the hard shoulder

Also deffinantly looks delibrate cant see anything infront of that car to make it brake like it did.

■■■■ driving by both parties. They deserve each other!

Cant see a cash for crash myself

Car moves into blind spot of truck, truck moves out not realising it is there, car on realising truck is moving out brakes through instinct and is spun.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

I can’t see the video very clearly but it looks like the car is dawdling along playing truck behind the truck in the middle lane, Willi Betz indicates to pull out, car does nothing, Willi Betz pulls over, side swipes the car and then the car brake lights come on once contact has been made. Combination of car in cloud cuckoo land and LHD vehicle either not seeing him at all, or not bothering to look properly. I’ve done it myself in Belgium so I’m not going to preach.

I wish cars wouldn’t hover down the side of trucks like this, but was he actually in the wrong for doing so? Annoying as it is, could have been an inexperienced driver who daren’t use lane three so sat behind the truck in lane two in terror, probably gripping the steering wheel with white knuckes and fingers!

Until car drivers are educated about the dangers of hovering near trucks, wether its next to a foreign one like this, or with the situation in reverse when a car prats about on a slip road next to a UK truck, this sort of thing will continue to happen.

albion1938:
I’ve watched it a few times and my take on it is different — the car is catching up with the lorry in front in lane 2 , can’t move out as there is a car coming up fast in lane 3, puts his/her brakes on just as Willi pulls out behind— unfortunate timing, accident. Let’s face it, if you were going to have a deliberate scam accident, you’d have to be pretty stupid to do it in that little car in front of a 44 tonner. OP didn’t stop to see if he could help, but that’s standard practice these days isn’t it? I’m alright Jack up with the ladder!
Bernard

Watch it again,
the car in lane 3 reads + pre-empts the situation in plenty of time (forward observations + planning :wink: ), and moves out to lane 4 to give clearance and brakes to avoid becoming involved.
6 ps ( PPPPPP ) . Preperation + planning prevents pish poor performance. . The impact car in lane 2 has allowed itself to enter into **the Blind spot’** of Willi,
when will they learn not to hang around such situations and either back off or make headway and clear off out of it. It was hanging around a clump of 3 trucks all not doing above 56 when there was clearly plenty of open road ahead .
Self inflicted … dumbass idiot might learn next time.

I see:
Car in the middle lane, catches up a truck in the middle lane.
Car wants to move over to overtake the middle lane truck but spots another car approaching at speed in the outside lane.

Then I see 3 things happening almost simultaneously:

Betz pulls into lane 2 as car slows to avoid hitting lane 2 truck,
Car now in tiny space between truck in front and Betz behind, so brakes,
Lane 2 truck pulls back intop lane 1.

I see Willi Betz truck being in the wrong here. In my view he pulled into lane 2 way too close to the back of the car.