Card out when driving in yard?

nick2008:

Conor:

dieseldog999:
+1…how hard would that be if your working in reality land. and then between the shunter,and the dayshift driver,then who can possibly say where the km went…pull it,and forget it,then deny it…end of.

What a fantastic idea. I’m sure that someone will say they did the missing mileage that occurred seconds after you pulled your card which was recorded in the tacho head as “Driving without card”…There’s no way that DVSA could possibly use that to insinuate you drove on the road without a card when you’ve got 10 minutes of “driving without card” on the tacho…:unamused:

don’t you know dd99 is a professional driver who knows that he’s well above the regulations, the type of driver every company wants, the sort of super hero that knows how to squeeze that extra mile and min and we wonder why the job is so ferked :unamused:

works for me??.my jobs not ferked,I just like working to suit myself,i.e,bent…and im not above any regulations by any means,i just like to avoid as many of them as I can…try working for trip money and see how long you stay legal for,though its not everyone who can hack it,theres thousands working similar predominately from ireland north and south,so its your own perogative how to earn your wages,all the vosa weighbriges look like an irish convention most days as proof to that.?.sure theres many who like plobbing around counting beans all day just as much as theres many who enjoy flying past them when there sitting braindead at 56… :wink:

Reef:

BillyHunt:
Would you prefer to park outside the yard for 45 before using the extra hour for the sake of 4 mins? Just to be 100% legal.

That’s not the OP’s point, he is saying that he has exceeded 9hrs driving (therefore using up one of his 10’s for the sake of 4 minutes)

Nothing to do with reaching the end of a 4.5hr driving period so sitting outside for 45 doesn’t enter into this case :slight_smile:

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but he hasn’t used up a 10 just by exceeding his 9 by 4 mins. He’s exceeded is daily driving time by 4 mins end of, something the authorities will take a dim view of if it happens regularly. To keep legal He cannot start his 10th hour until he’s had another 45 min break. I never mentioned, & nor did the OP, the end of a 4.5 hr driving period but it’s fairly obvious that, if he’s at the end of his 9 it’s the end of his second 4.5 hr driving time isn’t it?

BillyHunt:

Reef:

BillyHunt:
Would you prefer to park outside the yard for 45 before using the extra hour for the sake of 4 mins? Just to be 100% legal.

That’s not the OP’s point, he is saying that he has exceeded 9hrs driving (therefore using up one of his 10’s for the sake of 4 minutes)

Nothing to do with reaching the end of a 4.5hr driving period so sitting outside for 45 doesn’t enter into this case :slight_smile:

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but he hasn’t used up a 10 just by exceeding his 9 by 4 mins. He’s exceeded is daily driving time by 4 mins end of, something the authorities will take a dim view of if it happens regularly. To keep legal He cannot start his 10th hour until he’s had another 45 min break. I never mentioned, & nor did the OP, the end of a 4.5 hr driving period but it’s fairly obvious that, if he’s at the end of his 9 it’s the end of his second 4.5 hr driving time isn’t it?

your wrong :grimacing: nothing to say you have to have a 45 before starting the 10th hr drive

BillyHunt:

Reef:

BillyHunt:

this is what I was asking earlier in the thread…

he could have double break’d but still only do a 9 hour day - ie 4hrs drive -45min break - 4hrs drive - 45min break - then you have 1 hr left before it goes over 9

I doubt he’s driven to exactly 4hr30 then had a break - you’d have to be lucky enough to be driving on a road that you could just stop anywhere to be able to do that

BillyHunt:

Reef:

BillyHunt:

By going over 9 hours driving time he has used up one of his extended driving shifts, you only have to do 9 hours 1 minute driving and it’s counted as a 10 hour driving day.

Although you cannot legally drive for more than 9 hours without at-least two 45 minute breaks you don’t have to have a break after 9 hours driving, he could have had two breaks before reaching 9 hours driving time.

Well there you go, I’ve been corrected. I’ve always used the first example in the rules as in, 4.5 hr drive, 45 min break, 4.5 hr drive, 45 min break, 1 hr drive. I had it explained the same way during DCPC so that’s another feather in its cap.
In that case, assuming the OP has been having his two breaks, I would be taking out my card as I got into the yard if I was going to run over.

BillyHunt:
Well there you go, I’ve been corrected. I’ve always used the first example in the rules as in, 4.5 hr drive, 45 min break, 4.5 hr drive, 45 min break, 1 hr drive. I had it explained the same way during DCPC so that’s another feather in its cap.
In that case, assuming the OP has been having his two breaks, I would be taking out my card as I got into the yard if I was going to run over.

try explaining to gendarmes :sunglasses: BAG :laughing: or red caps at irun :grimacing: " ooh I was three times over my nine hours by mins! :smiley: " then doing two legal ten hour drives on mainland Europe! :wink: no lube and many €000s later you’ll wish you listened properly to that " DCPC TRAINER! " :unamused:

Dieseldog999 you’ve been brainwashed by paddies! Lol :bulb: ooh I’m on trip money JUST DOESN’T CUT THE MUSTARD PAL! Brain dead BEANOs used to run bent in the 80s early 90s :question: :grimacing:

tachograph:
you only have to do 9 hours 1 minute driving and it’s counted as a 10 hour driving day.

yah talking bollox again
suppose I have driven 38 hrs this week mon to thurs then fri I drive for 9hrs 1 min according to your calculations I have driven for 48 hrs
all I have done is used one extended drive, not driven for 10 hrs
glad you don’t analyse my tachos

green456:

tachograph:
<By going over 9 hours driving time he has used up one of his extended driving shifts,> you only have to do 9 hours 1 minute driving and it’s counted as a 10 hour driving day.

yah talking bollox again
suppose I have driven 38 hrs this week mon to thurs then fri I drive for 9hrs 1 min according to your calculations I have driven for 48 hrs

I think it’s pretty clear I wasn’t suggesting that a drive of 9 hours and 1 minutes is counted as a 10 hour drive, it is however counted as what many people call a 10 hour driving day, ie, a day when you can extend the driving time to 10 hours, otherwise known as an extended driving day.

I’m equally sure anyone who wants to understand what was meant will understand what was meant, and anyone who wants to troll the board looking for people to flame will find an excuse to misunderstand what was meant :unamused:

BillyHunt:

Reef:

BillyHunt:

I did 3hr 45. Then break. I did another 2hr 30. Then break. Then another 2hr 50. (all times are approx for the example). You dont need to drive for 4.5 then break twice to use a 10hr driving day. As long as its not more than 4.5 between driving stints.

BillyHunt:
A couple of points. How big is your yard if you’re generating kms from the gate to bay to park?

The size of a typical RDC or large factory.

green456:

tachograph:
you only have to do 9 hours 1 minute driving and it’s counted as a 10 hour driving day.

yah talking bollox again

He meant its counted as an extended period. Comes as no surprise that someone as illiterate as you isn’t intelligent enough to work out what tachograph meant. The rest of us with functioning brains managed no problem.

Fatboy slimslow:

BillyHunt:

try explaining to gendarmes :sunglasses: BAG :laughing: or red caps at irun :grimacing: " ooh I was three times over my nine hours by mins! :smiley: " then doing two legal ten hour drives on mainland Europe! :wink: no lube and many €000s later you’ll wish you listened properly to that " DCPC TRAINER! " :unamused:

Dieseldog999 you’ve been brainwashed by paddies! Lol :bulb: ooh I’m on trip money JUST DOESN’T CUT THE MUSTARD PAL! Brain dead BEANOs used to run bent in the 80s early 90s :question: :grimacing:

phone around for a job over here and see how it works then…usually the only question asked is,can you go out on tomorrows boat on trip money…end of. :wink:

ROG:
Watch all this come down to the definition of the word - journey

Having been caught in the catch 22 of runs that were no problem under the old pre limiters and 90 kmh max regime suddenly overnight becoming a matter of minutes wether you ran out of driving time it actually all comes down to the question is it legal to count driving in the yard as duty/other work not driving.Sadly in the real world no unless the whole shift is spent off road.It is possible to remove the chart/card and put a manual entry of break or other work saying that the vehicle was used for shunting by a different driver.But be prepared to have to be able to prove it if anyone,including VOSA,questions that entry. :bulb:

I believe you can drive 5 times a week 9h 4mins, cant imagine that somebody would give you a fine for that. My 2 cents :smiley:

theiceman1978:
I mainly do trunking work from Glasgow to Liverpool.

And also if you do not like that work, you always can make your 9h 4mins into 9h 34mins for example. Everybody happy.

andjelko:
I believe you can drive 5 times a week 9h 4mins, cant imagine that somebody would give you a fine for that. My 2 cents :smiley:

Try doing that on a regular basic and you probably won’t have 2 cents left if you get stopped :wink:

Fatboy slimslow:

BillyHunt:

As the only euro work I do is Scotland & Wales I should be ok, they don’t have gendarmes there, or red caps come to think of it. I did listen to the trainer, the example I gave, & he agreed with, is perfectly legal so you can put your lube away for now.

daffyd:

BillyHunt:

Reef:

BillyHunt:

this is what I was asking earlier in the thread…

he could have double break’d but still only do a 9 hour day - ie 4hrs drive -45min break - 4hrs drive - 45min break - then you have 1 hr left before it goes over 9

I doubt he’s driven to exactly 4hr30 then had a break - you’d have to be lucky enough to be driving on a road that you could just stop anywhere to be able to do that

The run is possible within the nine hour limit. I can do it in about 8hr 40-odd usually. The problems occur if there are roadworks(with the M6 being one set after another at the moment!) or if you have to drive around to find your other trailer at Liverpool. It can also be done in under 4.5 to get from Glasgow to Liverpool but its VERY tight. As in too tight to risk. The whole journey is scheduled for double breaks anyway. I take my first at Charnock Richards,which is about 3hr 40 driving. Then my second at Westmoreland farm which is about another 2hr 30. Its then another 2hr 30 to Glasgow.

Thanks for all the advice guys.