Car transporter driver wanted doing Spain

Judehamish:
It’s probably a great job for someone that wants to have that lifestyle, but the money is not great.

That is right but there is someone who may fancy it all i have done is put it out there. The boss is going out tomorrow to Spain as if he has know one to do it he does it himself

truckyboy:
If that wage is £750 take home, your looking at £1000 a week…now looking at that in a sensible way…£750 is not bad, its not brilliant…but would suit a single person for being away for 6 weeks…i know people working for dutch companies who live in the cab, and not earning that kind of money, or even working for German companies, they do get to come home now and again, and spend the weekend at home, but, if its tramping around europe, then the money is not that great, but would suit certain people… i would do it for a grand a week though…in the bank.

It is £750 in the bank each week. The 6 weeks away are worst case but better to know it can happen. Truck has Aircon and fridge plus built in Micowave plus TV with English channels 12 months old Renault high roof. Job is collecting cars all over the UK then boat to Spain do drops then collect in Spain and drop back UK that is the main work does go other parts of Europe as well

deck21:

truckyboy:
If that wage is £750 take home, your looking at £1000 a week…now looking at that in a sensible way…£750 is not bad, its not brilliant…but would suit a single person for being away for 6 weeks…i know people working for dutch companies who live in the cab, and not earning that kind of money, or even working for German companies, they do get to come home now and again, and spend the weekend at home, but, if its tramping around europe, then the money is not that great, but would suit certain people… i would do it for a grand a week though…in the bank.

It is £750 in the bank each week. The 6 weeks away are worst case but better to know it can happen. Truck has Aircon and fridge plus built in Micowave plus TV with English channels 12 months old Renault high roof. Job is collecting cars all over the UK then boat to Spain do drops then collect in Spain and drop back UK that is the main work does go other parts of Europe as well

Is that PAYE £750 TAKE HOME? Or is it self employed? More importantly, what is the “Wage” excluding night out allowances, meal allowances, fuel bonuses etc. After all, that is what matters on a mortgage application.

High cab, air con, tv… what about peek a boos? Once again, the truck specs are thrown in to excuse a ■■■■ wage.

dieseldog999:
I just love watching how the crem de a crem in here wouldn’t work for whatever wages someone else gets…hope you get someone asap,dont forget to post when you do.no doubt if I was driving my axor on agency work I wouldn’t want to be doing it either… :slight_smile:

Haha!!! Just what I thought mate.

SEDriver:

deck21:

truckyboy:

Is that PAYE £750 TAKE HOME? Or is it self employed? More importantly, what is the “Wage” excluding night out allowances, meal allowances, fuel bonuses etc. After all, that is what matters on a mortgage application.

High cab, air con, tv… what about peek a boos? Once again, the truck specs are thrown in to excuse a [zb] wage.

All i know is it is £750 in the bank can not say how much the allowances are no fuel bonus no tracker run old school

This job pays £750 take home all in. Employed not self employed im not telling anyone to do it just putting it out there. He has let people do it without experience have a go but they loose there bottle when they have to load a Lamborghini e.t.c. Guess it is a confidence thing hence having a small amount of experience would be of benefit.

toby1234abc:
I have never seen a car transporter on a ferry due to the different heights on the decks.
Also if the load was vans , they would be too high.
Unless the truck is based in France and you drive to Spain from there.
Six weeks living in a small cab would drive me mental.
Minimum packing of what you need in the cab .

E M Rogers / Kentvale get on the ferries OK, as do Polygon. Mostly fully enclosed trailers. Obviously not UK height outfits.

kindle530:

dieseldog999:
I just love watching how the crem de a crem in here wouldn’t work for whatever wages someone else gets…hope you get someone asap,dont forget to post when you do.no doubt if I was driving my axor on agency work I wouldn’t want to be doing it either… :slight_smile:

Had it been a few month ago I might have been interested, not everybody has loads of debts that needs thousands of pounds take home each week or family, so very little need to come home that often, in fact the job I have at the moment I can spend a few weeks at a time away from home and personally I’d prefer to be driving round Spain and Portugal than going up and down the A14 or M25 or M1 (enter your favorite road in here) and sitting in Tesco RDC’s even on £18/hour.

Obviously the £750 TAKE HOME is a much more attractive rate, that was not what was made clear in your OP. I don’t get why people quote “TAKE HOME” pays, it rings alarm bells and undersells the salary. If you said £1000 per week (which is nearer the actual figure) then you would have been swamped with applications as well as people saying you are lying as some drivers think sums above £500 a week is not possible

Still not for me with the chance of 6 weeks away but obviously the rate is a bit better than was first described.

muckles:

kindle530:

dieseldog999:

Had it been a few month ago I might have been interested, not everybody has loads of debts that needs thousands of pounds take home each week or family, so very little need to come home that often, in fact the job I have at the moment I can spend a few weeks at a time away from home and personally I’d prefer to be driving round Spain and Portugal than going up and down the A14 or M25 or M1 (enter your favorite road in here) and sitting in Tesco RDC’s even on £18/hour.

I hate driving in UK traffic E.T.C. Waking up by the beach not a bad thought 16 degrees as a low temperature and highs of 32 plus cheep cigs e.t.c there are benefits and ways to increase the wages if you know what i mean

For PAYE and £750 take home with a well kitted out unit and a reasonable workload sounds a lot better than first described, but I’ve got other things going on at the moment. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t consider it in the future though…

Pity it’s taken so long to get all the details! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
For PAYE and £750 take home with a well kitted out unit and a reasonable workload sounds a lot better than first described, but I’ve got other things going on at the moment. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t consider it in the future though…

Pity it’s taken so long to get all the details! :laughing:

I am collecting a lad on Tuesday from east midlands airport Tuesday he lives in Spain so will take his breaks over there. I have to state 6 weeks away as it can happen and that is when trucks have to back in UK for inspection. My boss was looking for 2 drivers one of them is a open car transporter low roof job which the guy from Spain is having the other is a closed style and he has a new wagon and drag closed type coming in 4 weeks time. Drivers tend to have a go but make the jobs turn to ■■■■■ or can not cope with some of the high value cars so leave it never is about money or the job mainly pressure of the load value.

Have done recovery for a few years ,
Is this class 1 or 2 work ?
Why would guys bottle it with high value cars cant understand that what so ever , from my experience if u loading a 500k car or a 5k car you would take the same care,
a 500 pound car may mean as much to the owner as a 500 thousand car
of my years doing recovery i have not once heard of anyone bottling it because the car was so expensive
most wouldnt give a s**** anyhow if it got damaged as they not paying for it or else is there some hidden insurance , wage deduction for the driver thats not been said ?

SEDriver:

deck21:
Like i have said not for every one but i have to ask what is the going rate for European work these days.

I can’t see it being any less than normal UK work, which is above minimum wage. I work for rates that people on here don’t believe possible, and when I do continental work, it is for the same rate or £1 per hour more depending on client (£2 ph more for ADR Continental)

You will find that the earnings are less as if you are travelling through France, Belgium, Netherlands then into Germany, your earning will be limited to the max 10 hours driving you can do, as you are just travelling and having breaks. Whereas in the UK, you could be paid £18 per hour OT for sitting in a tossco DC waiting room for 3 hours. The hourly rates are certainly not less.

deck21:
Seems to me it must be poor as not many UK trucks doing it and most trucks on UK roads have PL on there number plates Dixons International pay 110 euros to the Irish drivers i believe.

That is down to haulage rates I guess, it is also down to how little thick [zb] are prepared to work for.

deck21:
Okay you can get 50k on UK car transport work but this job might give you the chance to learn.

You asked for someone with experience though. Why on earth would people want to earn less, using the excuse that you are on t’continent as an excuse?

deck21:
People tend to leave as they can not cope with loading a car that has a value of 5 million pounds so it has some pressure but there are up sides as well a job to mainland Greece drop 6 cars drive to Corfu and wait 10 days to collect and bring back to UK so not hard work

10 DAYS IN A TRUCK!!! I wouldn’t say it is bad if you were put up in digs and can go out drinking and sunbathing but being stuck in a truck for 10 days in a layby in the middle of nowhere…

Please tell me this is a wind up!

It won’t be a wind up…Living in a microscopic loll small cab for weeks on end would wind me up though.
Europe work has been a dead donkey for yrs…we were earning double that in the eighties!

nedflanders:
Have done recovery for a few years ,
Is this class 1 or 2 work ?
Why would guys bottle it with high value cars cant understand that what so ever , from my experience if u loading a 500k car or a 5k car you would take the same care,
a 500 pound car may mean as much to the owner as a 500 thousand car
of my years doing recovery i have not once heard of anyone bottling it because the car was so expensive
most wouldnt give a s**** anyhow if it got damaged as they not paying for it or else is there some hidden insurance , wage deduction for the driver thats not been said ?

MMM, and possibly here lies the catch, unless we here differently, in particular if you are taken on with little or no previous experience , though most of it will be like most other types of haulage basic common sense, some have it other don’t, those with it, improve over time as for loading expensive low riding cars onto a vehicle wouldn’t be a cause for greater concern if you had the right kit for loading/securing such cars

So if away for possibly 6 weeks at most how long does the driver get off when he gets back and is he still on pay and at what rate as that could make a mockery of the 750 in the bank each week ?

raymundo:
So if away for possibly 6 weeks at most how long does the driver get off when he gets back and is he still on pay and at what rate as that could make a mockery of the 750 in the bank each week ?

I would be surprised if time off on weekly rest will be paid especially if spend at home,
The not paying for even a 24hrs reduced weekly rest in the truck seems to be common place these days, thanks in part to our EE crowd of invaders who will work for sweet FA, along with the low rates these foreign hauliers will charge it never used to be like this even 10-15yrs ago

As written, I would require £750 pw x 52 . work, rest and holidays, unless terms and conditions agreed previous differ.

Tony R, now your being plain greedy…£750 x 52…does your boss pay you for sitting at home weekends, or does he pay the full rate for your holidays, i dont know an employer who does, but as this job is Employed , he is bound by Uk laws and regulatuions, so therefore holiday pay is extra ( correct me if i am wrong. The job sounds a good un to me, and considering i have car transporter experience, having driven a double decker, and a rigid with a tow hook…this was on RAC international recovery ( the only company who did direct recovery ) the AA used french hauliers, who took the cars to a port and then shipped them over to be collected by a uk haulier ) anyway i am a prime candidate…but unfortunately i cannot do anything till at least september, as i am going away for a couple of months in two weeks time…driving to Bulgaria for my annual holiday.
The value of the cars is not an issue for me ( although a problem for some drivers )…the only problem would be in loading the high value cars…thats the only way they can get damaged…so essential care is needed, and provided you have the right attitude and equipment, shouldnt be an issue.
The terrors Toby mentioned in the basque region shouldnt be an issue either..if you run strictly to the rules..what is the issue..and my rules in france/spain are 4 hrs driving and an hour rest..with a bit over on the second 4 hrs so basically a 9 hour drive..keeps everyone sweet, and i have never been nicked anywhere abroad in all of my years on the road..well apart from Hungary when i gave aLada ` police car a run for his money, and it cost me my tacho as proof of my speed…and a packet of marlboro…ha ha

For someone looking for their first foray into euro driving, it doesn’t sound too bad. Could almost be tempted myself.