Car transporter driver wanted doing Spain

looking for someone with experience of car transportation doing Spain and Portugal up to 6 weeks away at a time pay £750 all in paid weekly

6 WEEKS AWAY! For £750 P/W (Including N/O)

Erm… Thanks but no thanks :laughing:

£107 ish a day for continental?

No chance.

I just love watching how the crem de a crem in here wouldn’t work for whatever wages someone else gets…hope you get someone asap,dont forget to post when you do.no doubt if I was driving my axor on agency work I wouldn’t want to be doing it either… :slight_smile:

Look it is a life style thing. You could change the way you live your life if you have a family move to Spain villa pool low cost of living. 6 weeks away is what needs to be told as it can work out that way this work has been going on for many years and will carry on. I have my class 2 at this firm and will think about moving if i go on to this work. The boss is sound as he done the job bring your wife of girl friend with you if you like. Some of the kit is good with all the bits fitted some not that good.

I have never seen a car transporter on a ferry due to the different heights on the decks.
Also if the load was vans , they would be too high.
Unless the truck is based in France and you drive to Spain from there.
Six weeks living in a small cab would drive me mental.
Minimum packing of what you need in the cab .

^^
I expect the boss has a nice lifestyle. Now let me see now, that would be a brand new top of the range 4x4 for his missus and a Mercedes for himself, a six bed pad with swimming pool etc.

How wrong you can be Ex council house VW caddy van and a diesel Fiesta car He puts the money back into the company. He has been a driver for 40 years and is trying to run a small but growing business. I am sure as time goes by wages will improve as the banks get there money paid for the kit

Hardly Creme de la Creme snobbery DieselDog… £750 per week is ■■■■!

This includes:

7 Night out allowances (Say a MINIMUM of £15 per night out) = £105

So that leaves 92.14 per day which is:

5 or 6 days wage
1 or 2 daily rest days in a tin box

I get a LOT more than £92.14 just for turning up.

Not a chance for me, maybe for someone stupid enough to work for minimum wage or less?

Take no offence Dek ,but if the gaffer has two beaten up cars and ex council house , how the hell can he afford the telephone number sized traffic fines for the most trivial offences.
To get to Portugal the trip involves transiting the Spanish Basque area who are notorious in eye watering fines that have to be paid on the spot.
10 to 20 thousand Euros !!
Then there is the French Gendarmerie and 24/7 Douanes customs checkpoints.
The Guardia Civil in Spain.

Like i have said not for every one but i have to ask what is the going rate for European work these days. Seems to me it must be poor as not many UK trucks doing it and most trucks on UK roads have PL on there number plates Dixons International pay 110 euros to the Irish drivers i believe. Okay you can get 50k on UK car transport work but this job might give you the chance to learn. People tend to leave as they can not cope with loading a car that has a value of 5 million pounds so it has some pressure but there are up sides as well a job to mainland Greece drop 6 cars drive to Corfu and wait 10 days to collect and bring back to UK so not hard work

deck21:
Like i have said not for every one but i have to ask what is the going rate for European work these days.

I can’t see it being any less than normal UK work, which is above minimum wage. I work for rates that people on here don’t believe possible, and when I do continental work, it is for the same rate or £1 per hour more depending on client (£2 ph more for ADR Continental)

You will find that the earnings are less as if you are travelling through France, Belgium, Netherlands then into Germany, your earning will be limited to the max 10 hours driving you can do, as you are just travelling and having breaks. Whereas in the UK, you could be paid £18 per hour OT for sitting in a tossco DC waiting room for 3 hours. The hourly rates are certainly not less.

deck21:
Seems to me it must be poor as not many UK trucks doing it and most trucks on UK roads have PL on there number plates Dixons International pay 110 euros to the Irish drivers i believe.

That is down to haulage rates I guess, it is also down to how little thick ■■■■■ are prepared to work for.

deck21:
Okay you can get 50k on UK car transport work but this job might give you the chance to learn.

You asked for someone with experience though. Why on earth would people want to earn less, using the excuse that you are on t’continent as an excuse?

deck21:
People tend to leave as they can not cope with loading a car that has a value of 5 million pounds so it has some pressure but there are up sides as well a job to mainland Greece drop 6 cars drive to Corfu and wait 10 days to collect and bring back to UK so not hard work

10 DAYS IN A TRUCK!!! I wouldn’t say it is bad if you were put up in digs and can go out drinking and sunbathing but being stuck in a truck for 10 days in a layby in the middle of nowhere…

Please tell me this is a wind up!

It’s probably a great job for someone that wants to have that lifestyle, but the money is not great.

Judehamish:
It’s probably a great job for someone that wants to have that lifestyle, but the money is not great.

I work Monday to Friday work for an experienced transporter driver pays more than that normally.

As above. Not great money, but sitting a few days in the sun ain`t a bad craic. Prob suit a single guy/gal, but maybe not someone paying a hefty mortgage and missing seeing their kids.

The ten days waiting around I bet wIll not be paid.
My last firm didn’t pay me for being weekended or waiting for a reload.

Franglais:

Judehamish:

I work Monday to Friday work for an experienced transporter driver pays more than that normally.

As above. Not great money, but sitting a few days in the sun ain`t a bad craic. Prob suit a single guy/gal, but maybe not someone paying a hefty mortgage and missing seeing their kids.

It’s as simple as this, if the boss can find someone who will do it for that, then good for them. It just wouldn’t be me! But what the boss has to also consider is the caliber of the person who’s prepared to do it for that money, and that’s the risk they have to accept…

Evil8Beezle:

Franglais:

Judehamish:

It’s as simple as this, if the boss can find someone who will do it for that, then good for them. It just wouldn’t be me! But what the boss has to also consider is the caliber of the person who’s prepared to do it for that money, and that’s the risk they have to accept…

All true, but paying double salary certainly doesnt guarantee all applicants will be good quality. It will give a bigger choice, so there should be some good uns there `tis true. Maybe this is a good chance for someone less experienced, but keen to learn?

Agreed, but the opening post is for someone experienced, so my assumption is that the boss probably wants the world on a shoe string… Maybe he will be lucky, but logic dictates that good drivers will probably have better opportunities than this!

If that wage is £750 take home, your looking at £1000 a week…now looking at that in a sensible way…£750 is not bad, its not brilliant…but would suit a single person for being away for 6 weeks…i know people working for dutch companies who live in the cab, and not earning that kind of money, or even working for German companies, they do get to come home now and again, and spend the weekend at home, but, if its tramping around europe, then the money is not that great, but would suit certain people… i would do it for a grand a week though…in the bank.

As Judehamish says, PAYE car transporter money in the UK only would be around that, and considerably more if you get the right work, do the odd weekend shift etc.
Plus nights out.

However chances are the vehicle is going to be simpler due to twin not triple decking, and who knows what the pace will be like, maybe an easier job all round, it might indeed suit someone who has a second home in Spain or intends to move there if it’s a long term job.