Car crash Britain

Anyone see it?

The guy in the DAF came across as a bit of a ■■■■.

Saw this for the first time last night. Reckon that a number of characters, though obviously totally unaware, were shown to be exhibiting questionable driving themselves, even though they weren’t directly involved.

The van driver who was undertaken was a classic example of an outside lane hogger. So the ‘undertaker’ was in the wrong, and then somehow managed to lose control, but the van eejit shouldn’t gave been wandering along in the outside lane in the first place. It’s an overtaking lane but there was nothing in sight in the inside lane!

It was also pretty obvious that some of the motorcyclists have never heard of ‘defensive’ driving.

What channel is it on? See if I can watch it on catch up

bazza123:

Wonder how many on here have now searched the user names for “angryal”? But he wont be on here. No one on this site acts like that on the road… :smiley:
I liked the motorcyclist who was going on about how dangerous his job was and making out he was risking his life every day due to other idiots then his hemetcam showed him zooming through the middle of two lanes of traffic.
Merc0447,its on ITV and is available on catch up.

merc0447:

It was ITV. It’s also a 2 part programme so they’ll be another one on soon.

All in all not very good for the truck driver. The potty mouth in the rigid with the 2 St. George cross’ on his visors. How can someone want to stay in a job when they’re that worked up all the time?
Some pretty poor driving from the S&R Smith driver too. He seemed proud he had admitted fault and that his boss offered the injured girl a dolls house. How about slowing down in fog and looking at the temporary traffic light sign and not ■■■■■■■ rear ending them in the first place. He should think himself lucky the oncoming tipper was more clued up than he was or he could have ended up seriously hurt.

Employers are not fussy who they put behind a wheel these days.

As long as you’ll work for less than the premium driver left on the sidelines - you’ll get the job.

I’ve yet to see someone at any place I’ve worked be sacked for lousy driving - rather than some trumped-up charge like “insubordination” or “paperwork discrepancies”. :unamused:

DAF rigid driver…complete helmet, end of, enough said.
Smith driver seemed genuine enough, and remorseful for his mistakes. It maybe was a bit of poor driving, but we all do daft things from time to time and make mistakes.

m1cks:

merc0447:

All in all not very good for the truck driver. The potty mouth in the rigid with the 2 St. George cross’ on his visors. How can someone want to stay in a job when they’re that worked up all the time?
Some pretty poor driving from the S&R Smith driver too. He seemed proud he had admitted fault and that his boss offered the injured girl a dolls house. How about slowing down in fog and looking at the temporary traffic light sign and not [zb] rear ending them in the first place. He should think himself lucky the oncoming tipper was more clued up than he was or he could have ended up seriously hurt.

Just like the cyclist that crashed into the roadworks, he probably had his head down looking at his … (fill in the blank)

Was really interesting to watch… Can’t believe how many lunatics on bikes there was.

Some nasty crashes though and some very luck escapes… That driver whose jumped into a ditch which being chased had his 4 year old son in the car…

The motorcyclist going on about how dangerous his job was who hit the car in the box junction, 12 minutes in, actually went through a red light, watch the top right of the screen.

what about the numpty in the white golf, crashed into the barrier, then carried on driving the car, could hardly steer the bloody thing, then took another car out later up the road

bazza123:

Angry Al I think was his name and he had me cringing, that’s probably the perception people now have of us.

It was obvious the courier was going to get smacked on the box junction by that car on the right. Can’t believe he missed that.

The Smiths driver must be well thought of if his gaffer kept him on after that rear ending with the people carrier.

The biker who flew off the edge of the road on the Cat & Fiddle must have ■■■■ himself :open_mouth: :laughing:

Thing that stood out for me was at the beginning, when the cyclist was ran over by the car turning right across his path, was how high his bike went in the air!!!

And the guy who thought he was a legend, driving behind the ambulance.

bazza123:
It was obvious the courier was going to get smacked on the box junction by that car on the right.

Obvious to the entire nation but him. As was the one on the Cat and Fiddle where the guy lost it on the left hander.

The one on the motorway where the car driven by an old dear swerved into lane 1 /hard shoulder to avoid rear ending a truck in lane 2 but somehow (by luck) managed to recover without hiting the artic in lane 2 , that made me chuckle, then there was that moron at the end who was being filmed by his girlfreind on her phone, driving up a ice covered road with a steep ish incline or pretending to drive , and then getting out of the car and falling on his ■■■ several times there’s some muppets on our roads it’s like running the guantlet some days

Unfortunately I don’t think anything on the program did a bit of good for this industry. AngrAl - what a joke. The Smiths driver did only make a mistake but did you see how far the people carrier went across the field!!! As already mentioned he should have seen all the warning signs etc

bald bloke:

bazza123:

Angry Al I think was his name and he had me cringing, that’s probably the perception people now have of us.

They wouldn’t be far wrong, would they? :laughing:

instantKarma:

m1cks:

merc0447:

Some pretty poor driving from the S&R Smith driver too. He seemed proud he had admitted fault and that his boss offered the injured girl a dolls house. How about slowing down in fog and looking at the temporary traffic light sign and not [zb] rear ending them in the first place. He should think himself lucky the oncoming tipper was more clued up than he was or he could have ended up seriously hurt.

Just like the cyclist that crashed into the roadworks, he probably had his head down looking at his … (fill in the blank)

My relative done the same thing years ago only he hit a skip he has been paralysed ffrom the neck down ever since

instantKarma:

bald bloke:

They wouldn’t be far wrong, would they? :laughing:

What ever are you suggesting? Thanks to the CPC there are nothing but solid professionals on the roads. That must have been old footage… :smiley: