Cancel

Had a guy ring the office then follow me back to the yard, and wanted to exact his justice on me. Claimed that whilst he was behind me flashing his lights to tell me to pull over to let him pass (congested motorway) I put my very bright fogs on to try and blind him.

I replied that it was getting dark and I put my headlights on, and that truck had the fogs on a hard switch meaning as I had my headlights earlier on in the day when I put my lights off they were still on, to reactivate later. I also couldn’t see the chap flashing his lights as he was so close. The office passed a message down saying the call had come in and he was ranting and raving, first at me then at the manager and other drivers. Insisted all sorts of things. The ‘witnesses’ were the two HGV drivers at the depot and each of the [zb] answers of his interpretation of the highway code this guy offered these drivers pointed out where he was wrong and what it actually said in the highway code.

Finally he left, work finished, got in the car to go home and soon spotted him behind me. So I took a shortcut home. I was in an ancient per-scratched 1984 Range Rover V8 and he was in a regular car. I may have driven over some wasteland to get home leaving him stranded near Wood End in Coventry…

shuttlespanker:
it is such a shame that the sergeant that i spoke to from West Mids traffic had never heard of him, nor his car, but REALLY wanted to go and have a word with him about impersonating a police officer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:

Ha ha that reminds me of a cracker (slightly off thread)

Otterburn 2003 I am the operator in a Spartan CVR(T) (arnoured armoured personell carrier I get to work the machine gun)
We are moving from one side of the area to the other which involves running down the main road.
We have a right turn I am up in the turret right arm outstretched and amber light flashing both of us look round and the commander tells the driver it’s clear to turn.
As we turn I look down and see a chocolate brown Volvo T5 slam into the front corner of our baby tank.
I duck and shout to the commander to join me as a wheel with suspension arm attached flies over the top of us and the rest of the car barrels down the road.
We call in a no duff (i.e. real not part of the exercise) and ask for someone to call the police etc
A husband and wife come from the house and myself and the bloke go to the car and see if happy lad is allright.
As we do we notice petrol spraying everywhere and some sort of sparking so I get our tool kit and undo the battery.

Once the police arrive we all gather round and enjoy ourselves as we watch the fireman do what they do best and cut the volvo up despite the fact we opened the doors (can’t be to careful with back injuries)
As we chat to the police something which has been niggling me suddenly comes back to me
“He had blue lights flashing says I to the cop he’s one of you” (the sparking effect was strobe lights)
Then a bird turns up and starts trying to convince he cops not to ring his wife.(she’s his… err secretary)

Anyhoo long story long

Bloke was some company director up north on business.
He’d secretly brought a bird and left her about 50 miles away to keep his wife of the scent
In oreder to get from A to B and fettle his secretary he’d rigged up some blue lights in his Volvo
So he can do 100+ and anyone would think it’s an unmarked volvo

Helpfully once the coppers had told his wife way he was in hospital she very kindly grassed him for using the blue light for years.
It must have been pure traffic cop ■■■■, all those ofences and impersonating a policeman.

We had one slightly damaged track link which meant we got to stay where we were and kip at the side of the road for the night.

del949:
last firm put those “hows my driving” stickers on the trailers.
So a lot of us phoned up with ficticious complaints with vehicle numbers that we knew were at the other end of the country.

We did the opposite at a company I worked for.

We rang up and complimented the driver on his skill and professionalism. :laughing:

Ken.

Kneal:
I was on my way to collect from a small yard in the middle of nowhere. Was looking to get there for around 5pm. As I was finishing my break I googled to company and phoned them just to make sure they would still be open at 5pm…I was told yes, they would still be open. Arrived, loaded and left. Later that evening I received a call from my office saying that said company had complained because I phoned them. Gods honest truth. Unbelievable. .

Yup - this is amazing but we get this all the time - so I make up the company and give a false name when ever I ring up asking for directions or opening times - this way ur covered and there is denial too
cheers
Steve

FarnboroughBoy11:

Saaamon:

FarnboroughBoy11:
You did look quite young when i saw you on monday lol.

Only time i’ve had people (customers) call my boss about me is to say i dont look old enough to drive a lorry or to give praise.

Lol so did you to be fair!!
I thinks it’s because I’m a skinny runt :slight_smile:

I can feel a bromance coming on here :wink:

My boss got a call from a bloke to say I was ‘racing’ him in Old Street London :open_mouth:

good friend o mine still in UK runs own truck an trailer has Australian speaking clock# on trailer and truck …1194 i think.(hows my driving crap).
jimmy

i had one of these phone calls a few years ago,was pulled into the office he had a rant and i asked him did he get any details of the caller etc he said no so i told him as he wernt there to ■■■■ off until he did,i then pointed out how would he feel if i phoned old bill and reported him for bad driving etc with out being there.he never called me in again.

Any complaints that come directly to our depot get binned but any that goes to head office have to get investigated, drivers have to write a statement and they check his isotrack for speed traces, harsh braking etc

We get complaints not just about driving though, we get complaints about drivers smoking, seatbelts etc from the public - who takes their time out their life to do this? :unamused:

hoss1960:
i had one of these phone calls a few years ago,was pulled into the office he had a rant and i asked him did he get any details of the caller etc he said no so i told him as he wernt there to [zb] off until he did,i then pointed out how would he feel if i phoned old bill and reported him for bad driving etc with out being there.he never called me in again.

I’m off to see a TM on Monday, invited over following a phone call about his only driver tailgating me.

I also know that the driver is going to be there and I am going to love it when he starts shouting the odds and saying that I was break testing him at speeds below 40mph.

Shame for the driver but everything is on video. 55mph, 2 feet from my back end, I’m only in a 206 and he thinks I’m going to break test him?

Someone maybe in for a Chrimbo pressie they dont want.

Dont use your wagon as a weapon, you never know who is videoing what nowadays.